Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval

Post subject: soul retrieval
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:59 am 

I have been studying and reading a bit about shamanism and soul retrieval. Some time ago, I tried this process on myself as I knew a part of me was missing after a long and an emotional breakup a few years ago. I did end up retrieving my lost piece and in fact found another piece that belonged to the other person (which I did send back to him with the help of my guides). And I did feel nice and happy and somehow lighter, as if a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders.

A month after recovering this lost piece, I started to feel weird, as in I kept thinking about the person emotionally and just didn't know how to let go of these feelings. It's strange but this emotional feeling was not totally mine. I had moved on completely but still it felt that I had to explain a certain part of me to let go, as I as a whole had moved on comfortably. This might not make real sense but does this sort of thing happen after a soul retrieval? I mean getting those feelings back for a while and starting all over again? Just curious.

Another question: How do you know you need to perform a soul retrieval on a person? What would be the factors determining to go through a soul retrieval? The reason I asked this question was- A few days ago I was telling my friend about this experience and she too, after having gone through a difficult break-up asked me to perform a soul retrieval on her. Of course, I don't have enough experience in this field at the moment and would NEVER perform a soul retrieval on her. I just asked the question out of curiosity and nothing more.

Post subject: Re: soul retrieval
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm 

advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 pm 

There are key phrases and words that indicate a person needs a soul retrieval. It can also be revealed during a shamanic journey. It is NOT a good idea to perform a soul retrieval on yourself, as there are too many parts to the soul retrieval that must be managed from a neutral position.

IMHO, you should find a shaman you are comfortable with to do this kind of work for you or with you. There is more to soul retrieval than simply finding the missing part.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 am 

freya wrote:
I have been studying and reading a bit about shamanism and soul retrieval. Some time ago, I tried this process on myself as I knew a part of me was missing after a long and an emotional breakup a few years ago.

Another question: How do you know you need to perform a soul retrieval on a person? What would be the factors determining to go through a soul retrieval? The reason I asked this question was- A few days ago I was telling my friend about this experience and she too, after having gone through a difficult break-up asked me to perform a soul retrieval on her. Of course, I don't have enough experience in this field at the moment and would NEVER perform a soul retrieval on her. I just asked the question out of curiosity and nothing more.

first of all it is almost impossible to do your own soul retrieval. If you are trained in it you might be able to bring back 1 piece and that will be the most you will be able to find on your own. it is really something that is only to be practiced by professionals with years of experience doing it. secondly the majority of the time you lose soul pieces from trauma, child hood pain, car accidents, unheathy choices, and not loving yourself. the fact that you are unable to determine how many soul pieces you have or are missing would say that you probably shouldn't be offering advice on this subject to anyone. basically most human beings will have some sort of soul loss in their life unless they live completely happy lives for their entire life.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:50 pm 

lighthealer wrote:
freya wrote:
I have been studying and reading a bit about shamanism and soul retrieval. Some time ago, I tried this process on myself as I knew a part of me was missing after a long and an emotional breakup a few years ago.

first of all it is almost impossible to do your own soul retrieval. If you are trained in it you might be able to bring back 1 piece and that will be the most you will be able to find on your own. it is really something that is only to be practiced by professionals with years of experience doing it. secondly the majority of the time you lose soul pieces from trauma, child hood pain, car accidents, unheathy choices, and not loving yourself. the fact that you are unable to determine how many soul pieces you have or are missing would say that you probably shouldn't be offering advice on this subject to anyone. basically most human beings will have some sort of soul loss in their life unless they live completely happy lives for their entire life.

Hi,

I've brought this 'old' discussion up as there are some interesting considerations here.

Firstly, yes it is difficult ( I would disagree with 'nearly impossible') and yes, if the issue is causing so much misery it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible, it would be better to go to a reputable Shaman with substantial years of experience. HOWEVER, if you have the time and persistence to cultivate your relationship with Spirit, you will be guided to track down those parts that need addressing and supported in cultivating the courage and wisdom to deal with them. This can not be learned in a few years, even if you decide to splash out on expensive courses, even if you are bloodline related, and especially if you want to fast track your way there. Shamanism is not just a quick fix and the transformation process cannot be rushed. Not if you want to achieve true Shamanic Authenticity. So: now for the positives: Firstly take your time and enjoy your experiences as you learn them. Become intimate with your Spirit Guides and ask for the things you need as they unfold e.g. discernment to tell the difference between the truth in a journey, and what may be 'interference' from your own mind - your own conscious delusions and false perceptions. If you persist to work in honesty with yourself, and to not rush your own transformation processes along the way, you will be less likely to misdiagnose or misinterpret things when you journey for others. Enjoy each step and when it gets really tough, try to know that the tough things are the greatest gifts in the long run, they really help is shed what is holding us back from our true soul purpose and operate from a place of love and true connection with all that is. For the record, we're all still learning and when we think we know it all, then we stop progressing, so be prepared for the miraculous and try your best to remember this is Spirit at work, not just us. Good luck :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:41 pm 

I have experienced soul retrieval made by myself. However reasons, why soul piece was away was already very much dealt with. So, it happened at first accidently, without intention to do such thing. That part of me just became near, lurking at the edge of sight. It got my attentions, and with shamanic work got it back.

So, it is possible at some cases to do by yourself to yourself. But that was already knocking the door.

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval