Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval

Post subject: Past trauma remembered
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 am 

I am new to these forums so I will try to be as brief as possible.

I grew up in what I thought was a happy home but a few months ago while helping my brother go through rehab for his addiction problems we both started to remember a lot of past abuses that happened at the hand of our mother. At first I thought that the majority of my abuses were emotional/verbal ones which was why I had so many problems with my self esteem as a teenager and an adult. That alone had me dealing with thoughts of suicide and self mutilation through those years which I received treatment for and still struggle with today.

In the past week I experienced what I originally thought was a dream that was my subconscious intermingling many different events of abuse together into one. So I called my brother to ask him if he remembered anything about the event or events from my dream and was shocked to find out that what I saw was not a replay of many events but in fact one single event of abuse that happened when i was five years old.

This event took place over several hours where not only myself but my brother and my sister were severely beaten with a heavy leather belt from the base of our necks down the length of our legs. After the beatings concluded we were sent to our rooms where we sat trying to comfort each other without causing more pain and cried ourselves to sleep. When this memory came back to me as a dream I actually relived this pain. I could feel the fear, the confusion, the pain, the anger, the sadness and when it was all over I once again felt the welts and bruises on my back, legs and arms. Since the first night it came to me I have relived this torture a total of 4 times and each time I feel as if I am once again transformed into the five year old little girl who is being beaten by someone she loves who should love her and doesn't understand why this is happening to her.

My entire life I have had a strong link with the spirit world and even though I am in therapy to try and sort through my emotional response with recovering these memories I really feel like without having a soul retrieval I will never be able to fully heal from the abuses that I have experienced in my childhood. I currently live in the NYC metro area and would appreciate any advice on healers in the area that could help me to retrieve this piece of my five year old self. It wasn't until all of these things started to come back to me that I realized just how much I miss her.

Post subject: Re: Past trauma remembered
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:22 pm 

Good article, thanks for sharing it.

Post subject: Re: Past trauma remembered
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:35 am 

Contact Donna Henes and it's fine if you let her know that I recommended her to you.
My best to you!

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval