Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval

Post subject: Nature spirits
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 pm 

Communicating with nature and weather elements is a process of finding the same frequency that your "subject" is on to communicate. I personally have communicated with trees and storms such as hurricanes. Once you have personally experienced it, you will then believe that everything has a spirit.

For example, I came to know the spirit of a tree. She called out to me while I shopped at a local tree nursery. I knew just what I was looking for and was being guided by an employee when I saw a sad-looking tree which was leaning to one side and its leaves starting to turn brown.

I distinctly heard it call out to me…"Help me." I tried to ignore the request since it was not the type of tree I was looking for. But the plea stayed with me, and when we came back to where we started, there was the sad tree again, and again it called out to me, "Help me." I couldn't take it anymore. So, despite the fact it wasn't in the original landscape plan and looked like it might die soon, I bought it.

After it was planted, I "heard" it often that first year while watering it or looking at it through a window. After several years, it rewarded me by growing into a perfectly-shaped "lollipop" tree that was big enough to hang a birdhouse within its sturdy branches.

While we often cling to our separate identity, which often only brings fear and loneliness, we feel most at peace when we are connected to the universal powers – often symbolized by nature.

As a shaman, I now know that there is a spirit in everything, and we are all connected.

Last edited by blackcrow19 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ANYTHING ELSE?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 pm 

Seems like the nature spirits would have been more communicative through the years!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:28 am 

We just need to listen.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:35 am 

blackcrow19 wrote:
We just need to listen.

ah - there is the real trick. We have so much going on in our heads and lives that we rarely take the time or make the effort to hear those small voices.

You have blessed that tree with your kindness, and she will bless you in return.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:57 pm 

from what i have found in my area it was hard as a beginner to befriend local, wild nature spirits because they hold a deep grudge against humans for crimes against them.

i have had success in a few cases with trees and the like, also with the spirit of a stream but it took alot of time, respect and offerings. it is alot easier for me to do so now because i understand the politics better and its as if word has got around that im ok.

in the case with your tree it respects you because you directly saved its life and one good turn deserves another

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:13 pm 

I suppose because the tree was desperate, it called out to a stranger (or perhaps everyone that walked by, I was the only one to hear it and respond). I know that after that, I always had a special fondness for that tree.

Where I find that my connections happen most often are with storms and hurricanes. Each has its own personality and will talk with you. Since I had lived in Florida for the last seven years, I had a lot of practice with hurricanes. They would show me where they intended to cross and the intensity of the wind (very handy for knowing whether the stay or evacuate).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:25 am 

Yeah, I have alot of cases with talking to nature spirits and the like. If it exists, you can talk to it. But don't get too focused because it you're like me and you see everything as personified, it gets really weird really fast. It's hard to look at a chair the same way once you've talked to it.

Anyway... The tree probably sensed your abilities to connect to it and was able to determine that you would be able take care of it the way it needed.

And weather can be very temperamental. You can sometimes ask it for a favor, like holding back rain for an event, but for the most part, it's got it's own plan to follow and will ignore most everything that wants to change or intercept it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:20 am 

It seems the connections to weather is possible for me when it's intense, such as thunderstorms and hurricanes. I do not try to change it, I simply want to know whether I should "take cover."

The other night in North Carolina, we had an intense storm in the middle of the night. The winds were blowing and a fierce rain was coming down. I asked to 'talk' to the storm (half asleep) and saw a 'woman' with many arms, who reminded me of a spider. I knew that she was raging, but it immediately quieted down, so I went back to sleep.

It is impossible to observe something and not change it in some way.

Last edited by blackcrow19 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 pm 

Quote:
While we often cling to our separate identity, which often only brings fear and loneliness, we feel most at peace when we are connected to the universal powers – often symbolized by nature.

I understand this very well. I am not a shaman. I am merely a person seeking for knowledge and hoping to be a shaman. But I know how you feel. I have always wanted to learn how to be able to listen to the spirits of nature, and I am very happy that you are able to do that. I hope one day I will be able to listen and interpret what they are telling me, too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:10 pm 

I recommend learning to shamanic journey. It will open up the veil that seems to separate us from others and all living things. The separation is an illusion, but alas, so are our different forms. We are truly connected to everyone and everything in spirit.

Sandra Ingerman's book, Shamanic Journeying, is a great book for learning to shamanic journey on your own. You can also look into workshops that are being held near you.

Last edited by blackcrow19 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 am 

blackcrow19 wrote:
We just need to listen.

Also there is this tendency to be demanding and seeking personal gain from evertyhing. That is one reason spirits told not to show themselves at all. So politics, yes are needed to learn, proper courtesy and understanding how to behave.

Post subject: they show what they like
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:56 pm 

wheather elements definately express their appreciation to group rites of passage - they show respect if it is for good. so i think out of my experience - i have had the chance to observe systematically a certain processing of such rituals and everytime there is a rain stopping and sun shining when the times comes. i love it!

i have also have asked halestone to stop and it did accept my request quite fast. amazing! when everything is done with love and for the good of all living things, all is well :)

Jusma wrote:
blackcrow19 wrote:
We just need to listen.

Also there is this tendency to be demanding and seeking personal gain from evertyhing. That is one reason spirits told not to show themselves at all. So politics, yes are needed to learn, proper courtesy and understanding how to behave.

Post subject: Re: Nature spirits
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:51 am 

(this is about trees, I promise!)

I have been having some troubles lately with my energies "self destructing". This is basically when they freak out because "I do not deserve this", it is self-loathing to an extreme.

Anyway a while back I was pretty concerned that my energies were going to be too broken down for me to later re-assemble them, and I was going to start loosing many different gifts. Each part that would self-destruct related to something; my manifesting a particular trait in a soul-mate, a particular aspect of a quality of my personality, ect.

One night I was walking, trying to clear myself of my father's energies, when I walked up to a tree. At first I wondered if the leaves had some vibrational message for me, like a flower essence would, but I found nothing in particular there. My eyes wandered from the leaves to the branches of this very large tree. I proceeded to talk with the tree like I would with any other tree. Beginning with a clairsentient/cognizant "reading", and then remembering to, instead, open myself to messages.

What I learned from the tree was amazing. The tree reminded my to look at it's branches, does he care which way they grow? No, he just grows! I stood there, in the dark, after each message checking if there was more. There were several parts to it.

I learned a lot, and was reminded of a lot, and eventually was able to "let go" for a while. I am continuing to work on these issues, but that help I received from the tree was beautiful.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:16 am 

blackcrow19 wrote:
Communicating with nature and weather elements is a process of finding the same frequency that your "subject" is on to communicate. I personally have communicated with trees and storms such as hurricanes. Once you have personally experienced it, you will then believe that everything has a spirit.

For example, I came to know the spirit of a tree. She called out to me while I shopped at a local tree nursery. I knew just what I was looking for and was being guided by an employee when I saw a sad-looking tree which was leaning to one side and its leaves starting to turn brown.

I distinctly heard it call out to me…"Help me." I tried to ignore the request since it was not the type of tree I was looking for. But the plea stayed with me, and when we came back to where we started, there was the sad tree again, and again it called out to me, "Help me." I couldn't take it anymore. So, despite the fact it wasn't in the original landscape plan and looked like it might die soon, I bought it.

After it was planted, I "heard" it often that first year while watering it or looking at it through a window. After several years, it rewarded me by growing into a perfectly-shaped "lollipop" tree that was big enough to hang a birdhouse within its sturdy branches.

As a shaman, I now know that there is a spirit in everything, and we are all connected.

You are correct. This is a beautiful explanation of the recognition of nature spirits. As you grow and learn more you will find that nature spirits such as the ground you walk on, the moon, the flowers, trees, animals and birds can share many things with you. I believe that the reason animism exists and why Shaman can sense these spirits is the earth it's self is a spirit and who would speak for it in times of trouble? Shaman were created for just this purpose from time immemorial. Who speaks for the earth? Who speaks for the dead? Who speaks for the future? Who shares the past? Our spiritual world is very much alive and is integral in every facet of life but few can enter the spiritual world and few can understand it and share with others. This is the job of the Shaman. You are on the right path. Keep up the good work.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:40 am 

Seems like the nature spirits would have been more communicative through the years!

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval