Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval

Post subject: Lost in need of finding
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:48 am 

I find that I was drawn here I believe to make a statement of myself and what has happened to me. Likely to help heal myself and return to what I remember as a better life, and return to the path of a healer.

I used to be able to interact with the deceased and in fact my first experience was being surrounded by a native tribe after I accidently stepped into a burial yard that no one knew about. I have also been tossed across a grave yard for accidently stepping on someone’s turf quiet literally. I even used to talk to my great grandfather who my mother said I have been doing since I learned to talk and as I am named after him that makes sense. When I was growing up in Alaska I even ran nose o nose with Bear and later that night she came to me in a dream. Raven too also used to talk to me and tell me secrets. But I cannot seem to call them anymore.

I also used to be able to heal by removing the energy that did not belong to a person, and although I have never been able to see an aura I can feel them, thankfully this has not gone away, that said I can feel the energy that does not belong to me all through myself and do not know how to get rid of it. I also know part of me has left and while recently I have begun trying to journey to the lower lands and I seem stuck to myself. It has grown over the years and I have lost a large part of those abilities I had when I was younger. I can even feel the energy causing me to age faster then I should and make me emotionally distant from those I love.

So how do I return myself back to who I was and become unlost to who I should be and return back to the path I started on?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm 

Welcome Thelonis

It sounds like you are a very gifted person who has been through a lot of tough times. Most of us here have been through tough times, as far as I can gather. Welcome to the crowd!

The answer to your question is both simple and complicated: find yourself a shamanic teacher - not necessarily the first one you come across, but the one that feels right. With that person's skilled help, you should be able to reconnect. This will take time, lotsa time. It's not like someone can plug you into the wall of spirit and instantly fill you with light and healing energy. It truly takes time, years even. But, let me assure you, it's worth every wonderful, scary, fascinating, and upsetting moment. And eventually you will feel connected - and then you will find other things to worry about. Such is the human condition.

I note you live in Washington. A place to begin the search? Check the Foundation for Shamanic Studies website to see when there's a basic introductory workshop somewhere not too far away. Give it a try. Maybe it will work for you; maybe it won't. Maybe in the process you'll make a connection with someone who leads you to someone else, and so on - you know how it works. Check local alternative papers and bulletin boards for postings. Tell people you trust what you're looking for.

Above all put it out from your heart that you want to be led to a healing source that will work for you - and then, pay attention to the world around you. Trust that if you put it out there from the deepest place in your heart, the universe will respond with the information you need. Just remember to be paying attention when that information shows up. You may make mistakes along the way; once again, welcome to the crowd. Just keep on looking.

All healing work requires trust. You may find trust difficult; when we feel battered, it's hard to trust. But let trust hold your hand in these first steps and let trust lead you to where you need to go.

Trust, perhaps blindly at this point, but trust that your guiding spirits, those ones you knew when you were younger, are still there guiding and leading you through these difficult times to where you need to go. We don't really learn much when we're happy. We need tough times to grow and deepen our souls. It kinda sucks (OK - big time), but that's the way it is. See these tough times as a deepening of your soul, as a profound learning exerience. Ask what it is that you need to learn. Trust that the universe has brought you this pain because you need to learn from it.

As I said recently in another post, you might even thank the universe for these difficulties. Honor them, even. Ask them what they came to teach you. It's a start.

May your guiding spirits show you your path to healing.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:59 pm 

It is a start which is what I needed. As for classes it is a bit harder when I am deployed an average of nine months a year. I have talked to a few people and some are willing to help me look for an . I believe my guides are still there as I can feel them every now and then, but just cannot talk. So I guess they found a way for me to be able to get what I need since I found this sight.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:52 am 

Greetings again Thelonis,

You mentioned growing up in Alaska in your post. What an amazing place to grow up! It's raw wild beauty can't help but touch the deepest corners of the soul.

I'm wondering if you take much time in your current life to spend time out in nature by yourself, alone with your imagination, without a cellphone, an ipod, or any other electronic connection. It's much harder for spirit to contact us if we're not available, if we're just too plugged into the noise of the world around us.

If getting out into the wilds isn't possible, it's also important to remember even the densest city is part of nature - that the wood, metal, and stone spirits have given their physical beings for us to use - their spirits are still in them. Ask the wood in the door to show you the tree in the forest that it once was. Use your imagination to get there if necessary. Imagine the birds insects, and animals around it, the wind, the rain, the sun on it, the forest around it. That's an interesting little exerecise that you can do with any object. It can help you to reconnect. Imagine the stone - and how it formed. Stones have stories too. Listen to the stories of the objects around you.

But you need to be alone and in a place of deep soul silence to do these exercises.

I also note in your post that as a child you met spirits of the dead from time to time. At this point in time, I would try to avoid them - whenever you do any shamanic exercise, imagine yourself in a ball of white light - a kind of egg with a magic shell - you can see out - nothing can get in. It's called protection. Use it!

By the way, there is a ton of good advice on this site about all kinds of topics. The number on the first page 2373 - or whatever it is - is highly misleading. As a counter of messages, it counts the same message twice or even three times - ie. there's still a lot of messages, but far fewer than the counter indicates.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 pm 

About connection, I cannot agree more with Chris, that leaving phone, and everything electronic behind and spending time wilds helps great.

However I do not find any help from visualization or imagery visions. I need the vibration and auric field of mountains and trees. It troubled me at one peried quite a lot, how to keep connection. I asked healing from a person, who had lived like a hermit outdoors and after coming back started to heal persons. During healing I meditated that healer, how he survived in a city and vision came he carried the nature with himself. He is nature and also a man.

So at that point it is not anymore keeping connection, but being with the source, being part of the source. So, the question changed, how to be, what I am? I figured out, by living.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 pm 

It has been a while since I have been out in the woods to roam freely as I used to. With having to travel around the world all the time and or spend long days working and not much else I can see how that would create a block. Guess I need to see if I can get some time put aside this summer for a long camping trip. Dig my feet deep into the ground and wade in one of the rivers of Washington. Might even try to get a bit primal.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 pm 

It sounds like you went to go to the lower world and stopped.
So next time go all the way and the rest will connect itself in the reward.

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval