Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval

Post subject: Explaining Soul extraction and retrieval
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:14 pm 

Okay so I know these are probably more advance concepts of the Shamanic influence, but the shaman I talked to back in November said I needed to do a soul extraction in order to 'free' the monkey chained on the wall in my visions. Now I myself already knew this whole ordeal was related to past life, but she clarified it beyond a doubt for me when she herself, without my provocation said the same thing. I've already had several visions which seem to be related to my past life, any I'm just a bit curious as to what generally is involved in an extraction or retrieval.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:48 pm 

As far as I know, soul retreival involves the practitioner journeying, contacting their guide, then seeking the lost soul fragment and doing whatever it takes to get it back and rejoin it. Maybe it is a matter of negotiating with spirits holding it. Maybe it is a matter of solving a puzzle. Maybe it is a matter of convincing or luring it. I think practitioners have to be flexible and decide what to do when they get there, or maybe decide that it is something that they aren't ready to deal with.

I don't have any personal experience, though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:09 am 

Hello 5010

I see three possibile shamanic actions regarding this vision. Each is a different process.

A "soul extraction" is not a term I am familiar with. But it sounds like there might be a soul from a past life attached to you that needs to move into the light. Helping a soul move into the light is called psychopomping. This involves negotiating with the spirit.

Extraction is a different process. It involves removing dark energy that has attached itself to a person. By "dark" I do not mean nasty, vicious, or anything like that. I simply mean energy which simply shouldn't be there. There is usually no negotiation in this process.

Soul retrieval is yet a third process. The idea is that part of a client's soul has left the client due to some kind of trauma. The shaman goes out to retrieve the soul part for the client so that the client can reintegrate it. There is negotiation involved here again.

Or, of course, the vision might mean somethng else that I am not aware of.

My understanding is that people should not do these things for themselves. Furthermore, I would strongly suggest finding an experienced person to do it for you, not just anyone. An experienced person might well have different guiding spirits to help with each of these different processes. An inexperienced person might just make matters worse.

You should not be freaked out by any of these three possibilities. Shamanic work is about healing oneself and perhaps later about helping others to heal. Most of us who have been doing this work for some time have been through these processes ourselves more than once.

May your guiding spirits help you to find the right person in your area to help you with this.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 pm 

In my case, to be more specific, now that I've worked with someone today on the matter, it was more of a soul retrieval for me, in which the part of my soul missing came from some kind of 'trauma' related in my past life. Essentially...something happened many years ago in a past life in which my soul's power was weakened considerably, and she, (the practitioner) helped me today to bring it back to regenerate.

It was quiet a lovely three hours I spent with her too.

And to be even more specific, I guess she started the process with a basic cleansing which sounds akin to what Chris described in his interpretation of 'extraction', simply cleaning off any negative energies on the body.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 am 

Hi BetaSwimmer

Glad to hear that you found someone to help you do the work....and that it was a"lovely three hours" with her. I often find that there is a great sense of peace in this work for both participants.

My boring pedantic side is showing up here - but cleansing and extraction, though related, are not the same - at least to me. Cleansing, to me, involves smudging or feathers or perhaps auric cleansing with the hands. It is a preparatory process for the heavy duty stuff which follows. It is a fairly standard process regardless of the work to come. Extraction, on the other hand, is one of the options for the heavy duty stuff and involves the shaman calling in the spirits and working in the trance with guiding spirits to see and pull out the energies that shouldn't be there.

Others may well have other definitions of these words - and that is good and as it should be. It's only the actual work that counts!

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:30 pm 

Chris wrote:
Hello 5010

A "soul extraction" is not a term I am familiar with. But it sounds like there might be a soul from a past life attached to you that needs to move into the light. Helping a soul move into the light is called psychopomping. This involves negotiating with the spirit.

Psychopomping is a New Age term, or at least a new term for what you are describing here. Spirit Removal or Soul Extraction are more common traditional terms for this action.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:34 pm 

Psychopompos is not Newage, but an ethnographic term. A vital difference, this is.

And accompanying the dead ones over in their regions where they reside after death is quite well-known in siberian shamanism.

However, I use my german term for it: "Totengeleit"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:47 pm 

BetaSwimmer,

A little info for you...

SOUL LOSS is a condition that can be experienced in two ways.

Partial
Partial soul loss is like losing a part of the body. Like losing an appendage, one can lose a portion of their soul energy. It is necessary to retrieve this lost energy to maintain one's spiritual well-being. Symptoms of partial soul loss are memory loss, recurring illness, and nightmares or dream images such as abduction, being lost, or missing limbs or property. Symptoms of partial soul loss are: memory loss, nightmares, or dream images of abduction, being lost, or missing limbs or property, and recurring illness.

Complete
Complete soul loss is when one's soul is in a disassociated state and is lost from the physical body. Most often the result of this condition is coma. The result of this condition is coma.

SPIRIT DISEASE occurs when malignant energy is introduced into the soul and manifests itself throughout the soul body. It occurs as a result of spiritual illness, spirit attack, or possession. In the curing of spirit disease, the Shaman must work quickly, for the illness often works extremely fast. If left untreated, spiritual disease will manifest into the physical body causing any number of symptoms.

POSSESSION occurs in the following four categories:

Partial
Partial possession is a condition in which the possessing power or entity has limited control over the victim.

Temporary
Temporary possession is a condition in which the possessing power or entity has limited duration of possession over the victim.

Conditional
Conditional possession is a condition in which certain situations or conditions give strength needed to the possessing power or entity to achieve possession.

Complete
Complete possession is a condition in which the possessing power or entity has completely overtaken the victim's soul and has achieved complete control over the victim's body.

Any of these can be a result of the persons actions - inflicted by way of another person or entity - or by accident, such as being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:54 pm 

Apu Kuntur wrote:
Psychopompos is not Newage, but an ethnographic term. A vital difference, this is.

And accompanying the dead ones over in their regions where they reside after death is quite well-known in siberian shamanism.

However, I use my german term for it: "Totengeleit"

I stand corrected on New Age, but it is a "new" term as you indicate it is used ethnographically - something that I, as a Chinook Indian and a traditionally apprenticed Chinook shaman feel that a Western educated person (usually a Christian) attempting to explain how native cultures did things is a joke.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:59 pm 

Thats interesting, can you name those Westerners that use this term in this way you indicate here. Sounds totally weird to me. This person you mention obviously has a problem with shamans at all?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 am 

Greetings,

The term psychopomp comes from ancient Greek, "pscyhopompos". It means " guide of souls". In ancient times, they used it to describe Greek god Hermes who, among other functions, guided the dead to the river Styx where he handed the soul over to Charron who hauled it across the river to Hades.

Since the ancient Greeks believed that the lives of the gods were pretty much exactly like the lives of humans, that would suggust that, among their many types of priests and priestesses, some were psychopomps.

That being said, the words that we use to describe the work don't really matter much except to the extent that they describe different actions. In the end, all that matters is the work itself.

With deepest respect for anyone who does the work - no matter what they call it.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 pm 

Chris wrote:
...the words that we use to describe the work don't really matter much except to the extent that they describe different actions. In the end, all that matters is the work itself.

...with deepest respect for anyone who does the work - no matter what they call it.

ah yes - thank you, Chris!

Post subject: Soul Retrievals
 Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:36 pm 

[Soul Retrievals can happen in one of two ways.

The first is retrieving a part of a clients soul that has left due to trauma or neglact. You bring this part of the soul back, if it chooses to come back, you work on integrating the information.

Another way I have been doing Soul Retrievals is by going to other current lifetimes and retrieving healthy aspects of ourselves and bringing them back into this lifetime. I have found this to be very effective because we are retrieving parts that have not been damaged, but operate confidently.

Hope this helps,

Mary Ann

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 pm 

The Hawaiian Technique of Hooponopono and the use of Shamanic Tracking can also be used. Instead of the full Soul Retrivial it the use of traveling through the conception cords, down to the ancestors roots...many things which appears to be past lives is actually wound brought forth from your linage and soul wounds of the Soul Pod in which you are journeying in your cosmic soul process..Many use the fact its a past life thing, but actually many of it can come through our DNA..Past from Mother to Daughter, Father to Son as such...

In the Hooponopono process its tracking the source of the fragment or wounding and seeing if it is generational...and then its' been passed down through the DNA..SO its going in and calling forth that Ancestor and Track down the source of the discord that has happened to leave the imprinting within the DNA to have it manifest in the NOW...So its tracking that back and making the healing at that level and bring that healing forth through generation healing...

To many people tend to look outside the Ancestor Line/ Linage/Conception Cords/ DNA Imprinting then to past it to a past life wounding....

My 2 cents...2 clouds...

Post subject: Re: Explaining Soul extraction and retrieval
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:00 pm 

Both Chris and Shaman_Cougar have explained Soul Loss and Soul Retrieval as I have experienced it.

Complete sould loss is a state in which your soul leaves your body. Your body is left motionless as your soul floats above in an in-between place. This is in fact due to trauma, but more so due to 'giving up'.

When I decided to give up, I layed down and my spirit left. For those of us who walk the same path, this is not a difficult thing to do. It leaves the body catatonic and would result in coma then death.

Fortunately, this was not the path I was suposed to walk, and my life had much more to offer than this. My friend walked my husband through the steps to retrieve my spirit via phone. She and I have had a long spiritual journey together this life time and it wasn't difficult for her to connect with my guides and caress my spirit back. My husband is also a very gifted man and he was able to work on both sides to help guide me back.

I feel very blessed to have the people in my life that I do; very blessed to have such wonderful guides as well!

Banchie

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval