Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval

Post subject: Brain damage
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 am 

What is the relationship which links Brain and spirit:

Here's my theory:

Spirit is all there is, truth, vibrtion... but our spirit is somewhat individual from the rest of God/The great spirit, as our vibration has been 'influenced' by past lives and experience.

The soul consists of the energy within our brains, our brains offer perception for the soul in a high number of ways, i.e. sight etc, which built up a picture within our heads of what's going on in various realities, this can of course always be influenced by our own perception which can be induced by our upbringing and accossiation of certain images with the middle world.

But, oddly what happens to our brain/our state of reality does seem to affect our well being and spirit.
For example, some sick neurologists decided to get some monkeys, and slowly remove parts of their brains to see what affect in had on them.
As they expected, removing certain areas caused memory loss. I believe that our memories are only interpretations of the true reality, kind of like keys held within our cells, which, when activated can give us literal contact with the past.
When these cells are damaged, we have lost the 'key' to the past so to speak.
oF course... it seems that these aspects of us exist not in a material sence... it seems almost as if memory cells provide the key, but not the actual information. And thus it's still possible to find the information if we again find the key... not by means of cells, but by means of shamanic travel for instance.. e.g. past life memories.

What I don't get though is how brain damage, can affect our harmony, and make us paranoid etc. I'm trying to combine science and spiritualityy here, but this kind of gets me.

Perhaps I'm just missing something kind of obvious, but please share your ideas.

Maybe traumatic stress and memory loss and other forms of brain damage simply affect how we are in this world... I have heard that when people reach a state at one with the universe they have no concerns whatsoever - ALMOST - as if the unpleasantcies of life do not continue there.

But all the same, does the brain actuall affect our spirit?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:53 pm 

Does brain affect our spirit?

You have many thoughts and ideas and after years of processing those, you may become quit wise.

To find answer to the question the spirit should be defined first. Brain damage affects out behavier, sensors, memory, what kind of images it gives after processing signals from our senses.

Spirit is something that lives after death, and body is left behind, all the pains and ills it carries. But all the problems of spiritual basis are carried along. This is so, if person belief karma and reincarnation.

When people have seen their dead relatives in spirit world they have always looked fine, and in their full power. Diseases of brain have also vanished.

So, I think that spirit remains, like it is even if brain is damaged, even when behavier changes all person become paranoid. When it is about brain's malfunction it is not because of spirit. If person after surgery starts to hate all doctors of neurology, then it turns spiritual.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 pm 

Jusma wrote:
Does brain affect our spirit?

You have many thoughts and ideas and after years of processing those, you may become quit wise.

To find answer to the question the spirit should be defined first. Brain damage affects out behavier, sensors, memory, what kind of images it gives after processing signals from our senses.

Spirit is something that lives after death, and body is left behind, all the pains and ills it carries. But all the problems of spiritual basis are carried along. This is so, if person belief karma and reincarnation.

When people have seen their dead relatives in spirit world they have always looked fine, and in their full power. Diseases of brain have also vanished.

So, I think that spirit remains, like it is even if brain is damaged, even when behavier changes all person become paranoid. When it is about brain's malfunction it is not because of spirit. If person after surgery starts to hate all doctors of neurology, then it turns spiritual.

Thankyou I agree, I just get put off by some of this stuff though. So if for example part of our brain was literally removed, that would be soul -loss right? Or at least partial soul loss, I have heard of cases where people who have had organ transplants experience soul loss... if we got hit hard on the head, and lost for example, our memory of mathmatics, would it be possible to retrieve that via the soul retrieval method?

It makes me wonder: also which part of the energy is our body 'is' the soul, for much of the energy is presumably returned to the underworld when we are buried?

I hope you don't mind me asking this stuff... I'm just trying to develop a deep understanding in the hope that others can perhaps gain from it.

Linden

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 am 

I do like ponder also different thougts and ideas, but I am not sure if anybody else actually benefit or how right or wrong ideas and conclusions might be.

If a part of brain is removed and soul loss occurs due to removal, is it because of removing physical substance, brain tissue or because of trauma made by removal?

When we lose tissue or organ, does a person always lose something else, part of soul? I have grown to think, that we are not only soul or body or energy or light, but multidimensional. There seems to be no end to that, what we are. Our essence seems to work through the limitations of time for example.

What memories brain carries? It is not possible for the brain carry any informations about past lives for example. So, where that data is storaged? As if I would remember a case of heartsurgery, when patient after surgery had feelings or memories, which belonged actually to deceased heart giver. So, I came to think every shell carries our full data of a person, and all aspects of NDA and how it works are not understood.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 am 

Difficult questions, but interesting. I'm with Jusma - we are very multi-dimensional beings, but what exactly does this mean? English is impoverished when it comes to to talking about the body/soul/spirit energy. We tend to think of them as the same, but I don't think they are.

Our physical body literally generates an energy field. I gather this energy field is measurable and observable - ie a scientific fact. When we damage part of the physical body, that energy field is disturbed. It may be temporarily or permanently impaired. That part of the body will not function as well as it was designed to. When we die, it disappears. It has always astonished me to see and feel how very dead a dead body is.

Now is this body energy the soul energy? Now I'm moving into shakier grounds. I have stood in front of the bodies of dead family and dear friends and felt and heard (yes, heard) them beside me. Their presence and voices were so real that twice I reached out to see if I could touch them. I couldn't. Were these experiences the imaginings of profound grief? or were their souls beside me consoling me in my deep pain? There's nothing measurable, repeatable, or observable in this experience. These experiences and my journey work over the years have convinced me that something of us survives death. I will differentiate soul and spirit in a moment, but for now...

I have come to believe that consciousness of our last life survives us pretty much intact for a certain period of time. Let's call this consciousness soul. It might spend a certain period of time after we die examining what went right and what went wrong during the lifetime that just ended. It pretty much has access outside time and space to all the events and people of its lifetime. It evaluates its impact on the world it lived in. And then, if things go well, it moves on to the next step. If it died suddenly or in great anger, then it might just hang around - and become a problem...ghosts and etc. But when it moves on, a shift occurs.

I think that soul energy eventually agrees to losing the force field that holds it together. It disperses. Shamanic pyschopomp work is about helping a specific soul (read: ghost) to "give it up" and move on in those cases when something is holding it back. However, its essence, its core, the divine spark that belongs to the fundamental animating principle of the universe does not disperse. I would call that spark "spirit". If you've been following the logic here, it's clear that I believe in reincarnation. When our spirit energy separates from our soul energy, the details of the events of a specific lifetime may largely fall away, but the essential lessons learned over the course of that lifetime continue to exist outside what we call time and space - and that spirit may reincarnate with the wisdom and perhaps some highly fragmented memories from previous lives.

So, I hope these thoughts will help you. I believe that science and spirituality are complementary, not oppositional. They are different ways of seeing. Both have great value. Both have great explanatory power. We need both.

Chris

Post subject: My Brother...
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm 

I am excited to see this discussion about Brain Damage! I have not seen anything of this nature in my years of walking this Shamanic path.
My brother suffered brain damage almost 20 years ago in a motor cycle accident that left him dead initially, then in a coma for 6 months after he had been revived. He regained use of his left side of his body a few years after being told he would never walk or talk again. He now does both, not to an ability that would be defined as normal though. He lives in an Assisted Living Home for brain Injured patients in Denver. he was in the military at the time of his accident and the V.A. insurance has not covered any expenses above maintaining his immediate living and medications. Funding for all therapies were cut 18 years ago, probably after the military determined he could never serve them anymore.
This tragedy helped inspire an all ready present interest in alternative healing.
I gave up years ago, that he could have a normal life, his short term memory loss has never recovered.
This discussion re-inspires questions as to whether this is true. His "Spirit", strong sense of humor, and memory loss have served him, especially in times of depression.

Is soul retrieval a possibility for him, really? Any other suggestions or ideas? I hope this get read soon.

Many Blessings,
Wolf

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 am 

Much as I would care to say that your brother could recover completely following a soul retrieval .. I am sorry to say that it would be very unlikely following the physical damage caused by his accident ..

I could write a long explanation on this, however, I do not feel it necessary to do so ..

Please accept my apologies for being the messenger of 'bad news' ... but i simply had to type it as I heard it ..

Respect, Goldie..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 am 

I too like this topic.

Here are my thoughts. When you have something physically happen to you which alters your path. You need to focus on the new lessons you selected for yourself. I have heard so many people say. I didn't select this or She would never have selected that. Guess what. Bull crap. If you didn't select the issue at hand you would not have made the apointment for the car crash or accident and so on. If your protection kept you out of trouble that far then it was time for a new path of sorts.

What about having a half dozen lifetimes being sick so that down the line you cure an illness to everyone?

Try to stick with the bigger picture. Also healing from a big illness is part of the growth as well as everyone around experiencing what they need to do.

And for the people who might slam me. I have a special needs daughter and 8 years ago I learned how to accept more of who she is it was a lot easier for me to help her with more of what she can do and not focus on what she can't.

Post subject: Healing Brain Damage
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:17 pm 

I do not agree with the idea that brain damage cannot be repaired. Please read the following article I wrote that was published in "Explore!" magazine last year.

Resolving Brain Damage with Empowered Symbols

It was mid summer of 2004 when my former husband Dean and I adopted Jesse from the local Humane Society. Jessie is a medium sized black mixed breed dog from the local Humane Society. We got her to be a companion for our dog, Roscoe, who we rescued from a traumatic existence of starvation.

Roscoe was delighted with the playful companionship of feisty Jesse; however, one problem we immediately encountered with her was car sickness. Every time we drove even a short distance, she would get sick and start throwing up. Flower remedies which were helpful with other dogs were ineffective. As I was working with empowering symbols and glyphs, I started out to design one that would balance her equilibrium. This was no help. I designed another one to emulate the frequency of a popular over-the-counter sea sickness medication. I had been successful in duplicating the energy of other different medications or herbs with glyphs on previous occasions; however, there is one notable difference. When a medication is taken orally, the frequency goes into the bloodstream and stays with the person until the body processes it out. With the glyph, the frequency is in the energy field and leaves quickly when the glyph is removed from the body. If the glyph stayed on Jesse, as I held her in my lap, it seemed to help, but when I put her in the back with Roscoe, she would pull it off and start throwing up again. I then designed a second glyph to balance the equilibrium which also failed to achieve any results.

In total frustration I finally asked for guidance. (When will I ever learn to ask for guidance first?) I asked Source for help. I received the answer that Jesse had suffered brain damage from starvation and dehydration as a puppy. I was told she could be helped by creating a glyph designed to rebuild the area of her brain that had not developed normally. I was also told I must know the part of her brain that needed rebuilding to put in the wording of the glyph. I then asked "How should I get that, dowse?" The answer I received was, "You could, but if you ask I will tell you." (A good lesson here again was the importance of asking for the information we want. Whenever we ask, we will always receive an answer.) I replied, "I am asking." I received a reply that the brain part that needed restoration was the cerebellum. I then created a glyph to regenerate the undeveloped cerebellum and we empowered it. Dean scanned the glyph, cataloged it, designed the master catalog header and made patches to put on the dog. In the evening before she went to sleep, I taped the glyph on her crown chakra, which is located at the top of a dog’s head between their ears. The look on her face showed me that she was feeling something strange going on but she had no problem going to sleep. The glyphs are never painful but do sometimes cause a sensation of something happening inside the body. We put the glyph on her every night for two weeks. After this two-week period we noticed a considerable improvement in her car sickness but still had an occasional occurrence of throwing up when riding on a winding mountain road. We then used the glyph on her for another two weeks. It has now been at least three years since she has had any problem with car sickness…….

Nothing is impossible.

Post subject: Brain Injury
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:35 pm 

This topic is very close to me because I have damaged my brain over 20 years ago in an accident. I used the term Brain Injury for long time. I was on many medical treatments to take of of my brain injury. Then I studied the way of the shaman. Everything. To day as a healer who has had brain damage, stuck with the label but not the life of. Is one form of healing better than the other, medical versus a shaman? Ths simple answer is: life journey!. Can have one with other the other.
The details involving someone with a brain injury are many and cannot be adress with one thought. One thing I struggled with was the idea of life before the accident and how life changed after the accident. Once the work began with a shamanic perspective, what happened isn't important, what is important that it is beliving that it is possible to recover.
There are lots of thing that are lost with brain damage such as movment, cogitive skills and balence to name a few. It was told that normal problems are multiplied by 10. I agree. But the way of the shaman has changed all of that. So this is the path....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:28 pm 

Thought provoking answers .

Illness including brain damage could mean such a large scope of things i.e. would you classiy anosmia as brain damage ?

What bothers me , and always has , about the strictline observations made on most paths, is that of the body merely being a distraction and largely irrelevant , when the fact i doubt any one is aware of the body on that sort of level to start with.

Are you aware of biochemical processes , energy being converted , even blood being pumped through your heart - not just seperately but actually functioning at the same your thinking , breathing etc ?

Of course not .

So in that case how could any one , be they Buddhist or any other path suddenly decided the body has no influence on whats happening to our conciouness / spirit , when we dont even know what it is ?

Post subject: Re: Brain damage
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:05 am 

I was wondering why people who get brain damage and have memory loss only remember certain things. I know that they commonly forget things like the date and peoples names, but why wouldn't they forget other things.

Post subject: Re: Brain damage
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:58 am 

Brain damage can occur in a variety of ways, but is considered to be any type of injury to the structure of the brain that disrupts or prevents normal brain function or healthy brain development. Brain damage can occur after birth (acquired, non-traumatic or traumatic brain injuries) or before birth (congenital brain injuries).

Board index » General Discussion » Soul Retrieval