Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim

Post subject: World Improvement.
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:21 pm 

Ghandi said, "Let us become the changes we want to see in the world",
and the Holy Quran says, "Return all evil with kindness and love",
and if we want to make the world a better place, then I think those
words should be seen as laws and we all ought to learn to uphold and live by
them. I also think we always should put all others before ourselves, so that
all people may be cared and provided for. Anyone can do these things.
None have any excuse or situation that does not allow them to follow these
unless one is not conscious in someway.

Post subject: Re: World Improvement.
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 pm 

RAVEN'S SACRED VOICE wrote:
None have any excuse or situation that does not allow them to follow these unless one is not conscious in someway.

oh, there are many unconscious ones. That's why there is war and starvation and cruelties of all sorts.

To become fully awake - conscious of every word and every act of every waking moment - is exhausting. Very few have been able to do this, let alone achieve it for any extended amount of time.

The best we can do is try...try to be kind and loving and patient and understanding, tolerant, helpful, truthful and humble. And the more we try, and the more of us who try, the more those energies are strengthened.

That is our Purpose and our Grace.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:48 am 

I also think we always should put all others before ourselves, .

Well, I do know I am not 'awake'. So, allow me to expand the perspective.

One saint said once, that do not put effort on outside world, when your innerworld is in chaos. If your innerworld is in harmony, you and the world are in harmony. Even when war can be observed, you are not in it. War's cruelty, suffering and pain are all a part of this world. So, what is humanity, what it is to be human?? That is the question more interesting than trying to be desperatly 'good' and becaming after all harsh and judging. When taking a road away from middle, you may find that road just turns to just the same you tried to avoid.

It is not also easy to be humble without being giving in and having stil your self-respect. Putting others always before ourselves can lead abuse. And when people can get out of shop if always giving up the place in line...? With that extend idea sounds a little idiotic.
Most things can be used for good and bad. Violence may be an example, using brutal force you kill somebody, but without it you cannot protect anybody. Everything you eat have been ripped off. This "ripp off" may have been lovingly done or with not so good intentions.

I find healthy selfisness the most pleasing and constructing thing at the world. (healthy selfisness concerns with best possible happiness taking care of surroundings, because those also affect happiness). I do not mean selfisness same as ego, but knowing yourself, wishes and acting as your heart says.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:08 pm 

Jusma wrote:
I also think we always should put all others before ourselves, .

Well, I do know I am not 'awake'. So, allow me to expand the perspective.

One saint said once, that do not put effort on outside world, when your innerworld is in chaos. If your innerworld is in harmony, you and the world are in harmony. Even when war can be observed, you are not in it. War's cruelty, suffering and pain are all a part of this world. So, what is humanity, what it is to be human?? That is the question more interesting than trying to be desperatly 'good' and becaming after all harsh and judging. When taking a road away from middle, you may find that road just turns to just the same you tried to avoid.

It is not also easy to be humble without being giving in and having stil your self-respect. Putting others always before ourselves can lead abuse. And when people can get out of shop if always giving up the place in line...? With that extend idea sounds a little idiotic.
Most things can be used for good and bad. Violence may be an example, using brutal force you kill somebody, but without it you cannot protect anybody. Everything you eat have been ripped off. This "ripp off" may have been lovingly done or with not so good intentions.

I find healthy selfisness the most pleasing and constructing thing at the world. (healthy selfisness concerns with best possible happiness taking care of surroundings, because those also affect happiness). I do not mean selfisness same as ego, but knowing yourself, wishes and acting as your heart says.

Peace be upon all.

All are one, yet humanity is only a microcosm in the total reality.
Putting others before yourself is often a hard thing to do, but one should
always put oneself behind others, for one should allow oneself, out of
selflessness, to become dissolved in Submission to God and to become
dissolved in the Presence of God. In such a state, one becomes transcen-
dent of need, and thus nolonger has or needs any purpose in any kind
of "selfishness" . God is all powerful. With God on your side then, what
more could you ever need for yourself while God is the Most Gracious,
the Most Merciful? By serving others in God's name selflessly, we are serving ourselves and all exhistence. In serving only ourselves, the rest
of exhistence is blocked by certaine forces from that service. Those who
serve themselves serve themselves; Those who serve God serve all that
exhist.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:36 am 

Well, there is many ways to do it, merging into god through passionate service is just a one, nothing more.
You may also see, that you are a god and serving just you (your higher self) all you serve is god. Maybe everything is not so black and white?
:roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:29 pm 

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/god?qsrc=2888

God   /gɒd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [god] Show IPA noun, verb, god⋅ded, god⋅ding, interjection
–noun 1. the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
2. the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam.
3. (lowercase) one of several deities, esp. a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.
4. (often lowercase) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy.
5. Christian Science. the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, Love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle.
6. (lowercase) an image of a deity; an idol.
7. (lowercase) any deified person or object.
8. (often lowercase) Gods, Theater. a. the upper balcony in a theater.
b. the spectators in this part of the balcony.

–verb (used with object) 9. (lowercase) to regard or treat as a god; deify; idolize.

–interjection 10. (used to express disappointment, disbelief, weariness, frustration, annoyance, or the like): God, do we have to listen to this nonsense?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:16 am 

stitcherman wrote:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/god?qsrc=2888

–interjection 10. (used to express disappointment, disbelief, weariness, frustration, annoyance, or the like): God, do we have to listen to this nonsense?

Is there something disturbing to praise and glorify my own beliefs(nonsense) here? I tought it forums purpose :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 am 

What I meant by that post is the human language is very decieving and vague.
Just to point out a few of the definitions of the word "god".
Words simplify things or points when trying to be tranferred from one person to another.
One person reading the word "god" may use definition 3 and another 2 and yet another a combination of 5 and 7.
Another example is the polititians use of the word "change".
They never quite say what "change" is exactly. So it is left to each induvidual to form in their mind, just what the word means for themselves.
When spoken from the polititian looking for endorsment.
As simlified the human laguage has become, communication is vague, fluid, and decieving. Especially when conversing about such matters here at Shamanportal.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:35 pm 

stitcherman wrote:
What I meant by that post is the human language is very decieving and vague.
Just to point out a few of the definitions of the word "god".
Words simplify things or points when trying to be tranferred from one person to another.
One person reading the word "god" may use definition 3 and another 2 and yet another a combination of 5 and 7.
Another example is the polititians use of the word "change".
They never quite say what "change" is exactly. So it is left to each induvidual to form in their mind, just what the word means for themselves.
When spoken from the polititian looking for endorsment.
As simlified the human laguage has become, communication is vague, fluid, and decieving. Especially when conversing about such matters here at Shamanportal.

Peace be upon all.

For future refference, when I say God I mean the Supreme Being who rules
all exhistence with immeasurable perfection in all "His" aspects, and in Arabic
the primary word for "God" is " Allah", which means " The God". Granted Arabic Speaking Muslims, ( especially corrupt muslims ) traditionally say
there are 99 traditional names of God in the Arabic language, but adding
some of the Arabic names for God that are in The Holy Quran to those traditional 99 names we get an even larger number than that. But, the commonly used name for God in Arabic, the most common, is Allah.
So when I say Allah, I really do specifically mean , " The God', another way
to say " The Great-Spirit". I am a monotheist. In english, I say "God" for "Allah".

Post subject: Drumming an End to Poverty
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:33 pm 

Drumming an End to Poverty—A global drumming event to raise awareness about microfinance as a means to end poverty.
http://www.drumminganendtopoverty.org/index.html

:)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:26 am 

Both says good and if all the countries follow the concept of Gandhi then piece establish in all over the world...

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim