Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim

Post subject: What did you do that helped someone ?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:31 pm 

I want to ask this question to the general public. Seems to be the obvious question: In a section about Social Activism, What did you do, today, or, in the recent (subjective) past, that helped someone? Come, celebrate, and tell us your story. Could even be something you did for yourself.

Anyone is welcome to post something, big or small, that they did to help create a more beautiful world by doing something that actually helped someone, human, or not.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead

Recently, I tried saving a bunch of beautiful Nettles and Clovers from being mowed over. Unfortunately my Dad didn't like that I preserved some of those "Weeds" Even though they weren't hurting anyone, they were out of the way, and they certainly were not "Weeds". Let's just say this story doesn't have a happy ending (My Dad ended up mowing over them, as I refused to do it myself); However I am happy that I stood up to my Dad on that particular issue that was nagging me.

Last edited by meltandflow on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:13 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: What do you Stand for?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:38 am 

Hi,

As you say it's important to 'walk the talk' and the important thing is to just do what we can without comparing ourselves to others. If we compare, it can make us feel not as good, and not doing enough etc. It's just as important to do what you did, try to save a bunch of nettles, as it is to be a great Councillor or activist, for example. The nettles are as important, and equal to, any other life form - including ourselves. This is the conclusion we reach when we experience that all energy is sentient.

All is connected and it starts with loving and transforming ourselves first, and helping other life forms along the way. I work on the Energetic more than the physical, and try to get a balance between the two. But no 'work' is ever wasted, it's the intention that counts. :)

when we work, as a single drop in the ocean, with Love as our motivator, we transform our own 'lives' - and in so doing effect the lives of others. When we work as the ocean itself, we help protect and sustain all life.

Post subject: Re: What do you Stand for?
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 am 

Soup_Dragon wrote:
Hi,

As you say it's important to 'walk the talk' and the important thing is to just do what we can without comparing ourselves to others. If we compare, it can make us feel not as good, and not doing enough etc. It's just as important to do what you did, try to save a bunch of nettles, as it is to be a great Councillor or activist, for example. The nettles are as important, and equal to, any other life form - including ourselves. This is the conclusion we reach when we experience that all energy is sentient.

All is connected and it starts with loving and transforming ourselves first, and helping other life forms along the way. I work on the Energetic more than the physical, and try to get a balance between the two. But no 'work' is ever wasted, it's the intention that counts. :)

when we work, as a single drop in the ocean, with Love as our motivator, we transform our own 'lives' - and in so doing effect the lives of others. When we work as the ocean itself, we help protect and sustain all life.

I actually would disagree with the statement "It's the intention that counts" , The intention, alone, is not enough to be effective at anything, if effectiveness and precision is what you're going for, in my experience. But let's not get off topic here.

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim