Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim

Post subject: Re: Philosophy
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 am 

Hello all,
That's great guys, I like that very much...........warm greeting to you...
Quote:
“I think Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. It is distinguished from other ways of addressing fundamental questions”

Great philosophy here..........

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm 

If you are looking for a sage;
There is someone in the mountains,
and that someone is I.
On which mountain?
I don`t know.
I am drunk,
and I did not have wine!

The Sage.
blog/oracledreamhealer.com

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 pm 

"The examine of standard problems". That is not my understaning of what that term means.
May I say the fact that english speech restricts our conversation of this type of matters. modern day speech have been limited in your final 70 many years or so in America. It truly at all times has limited us from its inception by shakespeare.
Take a youthful kid refreshing around the earth and asks what is that? His parent says... "young a single that is frequently a tree." The kid thinks a instant and may perhaps certainly not devote once again the relaxation of his existence to contemplate concerning the complexity of the "tree".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy
Philosophy could be the examine of standard complications concerning matters for instance existence, knowledge, truth, beauty, justice, validity, mind, and language.[1][2] Philosophy is distinguished from other methods of addressing these inquiries (such as mysticism or mythology) by its critical, normally systematic method and its reliance on reasoned argument.[3] The term philosophy is of historic Greek origin: φιλοσοφία (philosophía), meaning "love of wisdom

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm 

My message has been deleted from here.Maybe because I am a doctor of philosophy.OracleDreamHealer.com [you can view my blog on Google].

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:22 am 

I used to hate philosophy with a passion. I viewed it as pointless navel gazing. "Why debate the fundamental function and purpose of the universe?" I'd say. "It doesn't matter because it doesn't affect us in our everyday lives.". I thought it a gigantic waste of time. My intense hatred of the subject has quelled somewhat over the years, but my strong dislike for most institutional-level philosophers remains. I have found salient points among Locke, Rousseau, Franklin, Sartre and Bruno, but none of them clicked. (However, it may be argued that the point of all of it is to make you think and argue and discuss... so there you go.) So when I say I don't really have one, you'll understand it's not that I just haven't thought about it, it's that I haven't formalized it in any way.

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim