Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim

what do you intend to do about the situation of the arctic region?
Poll ended at Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:30 am
I'll talk about it with some friends 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'll send a letter to my favorit newspaper 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'll join you on the 16th of Mai 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
I find the described situation OK. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't think we should do anything 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Post subject: Join us in a new form of protest: the spiritual protest!
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:30 am 

The region around the polar circle (80° North) is a highly fragile, endangered ecological system, which is already showing signs of early damage. The changes in the climate of our mother Earth are visible in this region in an alarming intensity. The threats to the fragile polar ecology are augmented by industrial exploitation and so called “robber economy”. Many consolidated companies and national states struggle already to get control over the rich mineral resources hidden for centuries under the now melting arctic ice cap. This does not only endanger nature but is also a threat to global peace in a world hungry for resources.

We, polarizing artists from Guetersloh, Berndt Pfeifer and Johannes Zoller, joined by Dr. Amnon Gildor, an unconventional spiritual worker, plead in our art campaign “WENDEKREIS 80 deg. N” (“Polar circle 80 deg. North”) which starts on May 16, 2009, that the north pole and arctic region remain what they are now and always have been: a healthy part of the earth and a land of all mankind.

Our call stands under the motto “the north pole is for everyone, everyone is for the North Pole”.

The Inuit people of Greenland will light this summer their holy fire again, after a long period in which no trees grew on this island to supply firewood. Through the climatic changes trees can grow again on Greenland. We embrace this ceremony and wish every human being living north of the polar circle as well as everywhere around the world, that the warmth coming from the holy fire might warm our hearts, and show us the way to a life in peace, happiness and harmony within ourselves, with nature around us and with all our brothers and sisters of mankind.

We use our freedom as artists and spiritual workers to plead, that the land beyond the “Wendekreis 80°N” is symbolically declared as GODS LAND.

For the “Langenachtderkunst” (“Long night of the arts”) on May 16, 2009 in Guetersloh we build a bridge between the people of our city and the people of Greenland, creating a healing connection that places love for our planet above all differences and polarizations, liberating us from conflicts and increasing our awareness for the creation. The water tower of Guetersloh and North Pole will be for this night artistically and energetically united.

Join us in this transcontinental connection! On each full hour we will hit the drums for 10 Minutes. Please take the time to foin uns with your feelings, with your thoughts, with your energy. Please mail us your personal thoughts, wishes and dreams. Sing and make music with us via Skype, let your creativity join ours and share with us the lyrics and melodies, the pictures and colors, as well as your thoughts and feelings emerging from your heart when you think about the danger to the polar eco- system.
We are looking forward to hearing, seeing, reading and get connected with you, your thoughts and your feelings on May 16, 2009 between 7 and 12 pm.

Please mail to: *wendekreis80n@web.de*
or place your action via Skype under Skype-name: johanneszoller

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:32 am 

Adapt. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 pm 

Is this another way of feeling good about yourself as you sit in the comfort of your home and practice wishful thinking? (sorry, I meant spiritual protest)

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim