Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim

Post subject: In Plenitude
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:50 am 

A video that says a new definition of wealth is required for humaity to move forward.

http://vimeo.com/12034640

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 am 

Very interesting,just remember that this country is not the norm Globally,what we consider important very rarely actually is.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:40 am 

I believe that was the whole point of the video. We have been living some sort of a dream, and it is a dream that cannot sustain itself, because earth itself is a finite resource, and we are quickly out growing what is available in the name of greed. This has only been creating financial wealth for a very few select humans, and the rest of us suck hind tit, and we have become dependent upon their "idea" of wealth. I truly found the video inspirational with regards to what we could do with technology and move humanity back into harmony with nature at the same time. Wealth is not about money, it is about people, and empowering them to support themselves and at the same time supporting their community. I especially liked the idea of the fablabs, and permaculture.

There is a problem of course with permaculture, if Obama has his way organic farming will be a criminal offence. I live in Canada, so I suspect that we will soon follow suit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:08 pm 

Very Interesting, In fact this is what I am learning now.

Ofcourse definition is required for wealth but not from those who don't want anyone else to become wealthy.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 pm 

Are you familiar with the zeitgeist movement. Here is a link to an very interesting document. It is a very lengthy read, but it answers a lot of questions about who and what you are, and who and what we have become. Obtaining knowledge requires effort and time, but as always, knowledge is power against anything.

http://www2.thevenusproject.com/images/ ... vement.pdf

Zeitgeist means, according to wikipidea, "the spirit of the times", or "the spirit of the age". This is wrong of course, Zeit means "time", and Geist means "spirit". Zeitgeist should therefore be interpreted as "the time of the spirit", or "the age of the spirit".

Post subject: Re: In Plenitude
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:20 pm 

yeah, interesting

Great talk Juliet! thank you.

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim