Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim

Post subject: Healing Earth-Mother
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:10 am 

First of all I think this is a great forum - we need this online community.

On a journey I had recently I was given a very powerful message. I was told by a Native American spirit that, "In the beginning the Great Spirit(s) came to our people and told them that they were giving the Earth to us and leaving it in our care. If we fail to take care of the Earth, she will turn against us. The laws of nature will rebel against mankind, and the Great Spirits can take the Earth away from us. Even the spirits are suffering because of the current treatment of the world, and because our ancient traditions are being lost. These traditions are desperately needed now."
In the world today we can see these things already starting to come true, and I wondered if we even CAN make a difference in the face of so many that continue to harm the planet. I asked spirit this question, and he said
"When you give to and care for the Earth, the Earth spirits will protect you. Don't lose faith about what you can do, just do everything that you can and trust that the spirits will always be able to protect you, no matter what happens to the world."

These messages came to me after already being instructed to plant trees. First all I got was 'plant trees.' When I asked about helping the world, that's all I got back. I had never sprouted or grown anything, and had no idea what I was doing. So then I started asking for guidance on how to take care of plants. I got a few simple instructions, but not much guidance. Then I finally started trying to sprout seeds, some lemon seeds, mostly for fun. I was so happy to see them sprout, and almost all of them sprouted like an encouragement to keep going. I would mainly just pray for the seeds, and they did pretty well, but not all of them survived as little sprouts, for unknown causes. I realized there was a lot more to it than just praying and following general gardening rules. I kept asking in journeys for more guidance, and now I'm being told where to plant, what to plant, how to help them when they get sick, and it's very exciting. Calling spirit into the seeds was first, then calling a guardian spirit to protect the plant once it was planted outside was next. I even experimented by not calling a guardian spirit for one plant, and for weeks it wouldn't come up. Then 2 days after calling a guardian spirit for it, it came up and is doing fine.

Has anyone had similar experiences? I know we all have different parts to play in Earth healing, and I'd like to know what everybody else is doing using their shamanic knowledge.

Post subject: Sacred Springs of the Wingohocking Creek in Philadelphia
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 pm 

Philadelphia is a very sacred place in this country, yet the distortions of the sacred documents that were created here and the laws of agreement with the Native Americans and the law of nature have been abused, violated and harmed over and over.

Four years ago, I found myself buying my first home in Philadelphia. My intention was to dig in and write and do my healing practice, but the Great Spirit had other plans for me. Soon I found myself being poisoned by chemicals that had been dumped into the land and into the stream that had been covered up by the railroad and coal yards years ago. I was caught in the middle of Philadelphia political corruption, environmental crimes and more.

To make the story shorter--eventually I discovered that my home and the land that the city is allowing to be defiled once more, is the site of the headwaters and the Source Springs of the Wingohocking Creek.

This is a Sacred Spring.

I am asking all healers and good souls to pray for the healing and protection of this sacred spring.

I am asking that the Light of Truth be revealed to all and that help is sent to me with speed and grace.

blessings
Wild Mother

Post subject: I learned to see the road in a new way
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:27 pm 

I used to see a fine road as a good thing. Words like "progress", "development", "efficiency", etc came to mind. My view was centered on human value over all else. I suspect this view was instilled in my by my christian upbringing and the associated value of "dominion over nature". Potholes and cracks were bad.

Now I walk along the road and think of it as "a place where nothing grows". Words like "desolation", "poison", "danger", etc come to mind. When I look at the road I also think "I understand, my friend. You are just doing your job. I don't blame you" and when I see a family of weeds growing in cracks I think "bravo!".

This is directly the result of shamanism, of making contact and communicating with non-human entities, our silent relations.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:58 am 

Seek a balance in all things and let the spirit guide you,using our ability to bring life back is our responsibility but dont forget balance,plant one tree too close to another and in the beginning things will seem fine but eventually there will be contention and one or both will die,keep the future in mind when healing with plants,and always balance. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:17 pm 

Where I live, I have been urged to work with the beaches here. A lot of rubbish, especially plastic debris is washed up. Its dreadful to look at, is a hazard to wildlife and decays eventually into a toxic residue.

Joining a local beach cleansing group helps and also just picking up here and there.

For me, it is about listening to what the spirits of the land here want and sometimes, even though I may think there is work to be done, they don't want things to change!!!

When there is something to do, its a case of getting off my butt and doing it. Finding time, being there . . .

There is one beach which seems to quite like some of the debris - go figure!

Having a healthy respect for the earth spirits and nature spirits around us, I have found, means treading carefully (literally and metaphorically). Some are quiet and take time to get to know. In geologic time I am but a blip on the radar. Others are pretty cheesed off and you have to be careful!

I find myself trying to do more each day but it doesn't always work esp when other life issues get in the way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 pm 

Forest Child wrote:
For me, it is about listening to what the spirits of the land here want and sometimes, even though I may think there is work to be done, they don't want things to change!

yes, and isn't that interesting! Seems our lessons come in all forms.

George Carlin, a rather wise-acre comedian, had this routine about Save the Whales. "Save the whales; save the rain forest; save the planet," he would screech. "Are you crazy? The planet's been here for billions of years. The planet's not going anywhere... WE are!!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:44 pm 

How great landscapes of wisdow are found here!!
Me too had quite a similar experience as Bright Lotus. I made a journey to Mother Earth and she thaught me she is in a point where she has to educate her children. She loves them very much, but a good mother needs also teach her children what is right and wrong. We are going to get this lesson very, very hard way or softer, depending of our actions. She asked me to be here on earth, because I can help. I can show how to respect the earth. But I feel I could do more, I want to do more, but how??? I quess time shows and give opportunity when time is right.

All the efforts are needed, no matter how small or what kind. And developing our love for seedlings is one of the greatest job, that can be done. Developing love in ourselves is the thing that really matters.

Post subject: about our self healing earth mother...
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm 

I have two websites for you:
www.natural-villages.org and www.1000hummingbirds.concarino.org/
One is the site for the gathering women of turtle island, the ressurection of a four year re-committment ceremony for only women, to come together and pray for the waaters, and for the earth (and called by the California OHLONE women through the prompting of their elders: "its time..." its time...bring them the womens ceremony)......altho

I logged in to mention the arrogance that is insinuated when we think we can heal our mother. Many indigneous peoples cringe at american ignorance, and now, even native people raised in white main stream culture, also at times display this ignorance. Ignorance is not bad, it is just not helpful for the person missing important pieces of communication.

To heal this earth we need to return to the natural village living systems...the villages who lived their earth calendars and travelled from earth worship ceremony cycle to earth worship ceremony cycle...this is what keeps our mothers love for us shinning, she smiles when we show up with our flowers and altars and conduct ceremonies that she laid down for us at the beginning times...she knows who remembers by how they pray.

She recognizes her daughters by how active they are at loving each other first, and then her, with their life processes... the good news is that a new dawn has already risen, and she is already calling many of us...those who attend this four year ceremony will show her, by the pounding feet dancing around her arbor fire...sacred fire of the scared heart of our mother...this is the most healing social activism one can perform, alongside living in and with your natural village...she waits to feel her own heart beat pounding back to her from our feet tuning to her heart beat...we signal to her "WE YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE AWAKE" We are here, Mama, tell us what you want us to do, now...

this is how we approach the healing of our mother...by asking her, what SHE wants us to do, to support HER SELF HEALING PROCESS..
living in natural villages, and celebrating her through regular ceremony cycles...this is what she whispers to her dancing daughters....
lovelovelovelovelovelovelove (is alll there is...)
namaste

Om nama SHAKTI!!!!

Post subject: Humans need healing via Mother Earth
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 am 

I find egreement in me to much that has been written.

The Mother needs healing of the chemicals and life changing substances. However it's us humans that needs the healing in order to walk in conscious balance and harmony within and without.

I find a curious consequence of drumming and working to heal the Mother we are actually healing ourselves.

To shift perspective from the one individual(our selves) to the larger perspective(the collective).

The prophesies about the potential future that we create talk of this.

Post subject: Re: Healing Earth-Mother
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 am 

Hey all,
I have no knowledge about it,
It is about listening to what the spirits of the land here want and sometimes, even though I may think there is work to be done, they don't want things to change!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 am 

Intresting aricles you place here.
Mother Earth is our home. Her preservation is important for generations to come. She has been neglected and abused and is in much need of our care and healing. Offered here are a variety of planetary preservation resources.
It would be useful to read anything more concerning this topic.
Thnx for tell that information.
With best regards!

Post subject: Re: about our self healing earth mother...
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:36 am 

johanna wrote:
I logged in to mention the arrogance that is insinuated when we think we can heal our mother. Many indigneous peoples cringe at american ignorance, and now, even native people raised in white main stream culture, also at times display this ignorance. Ignorance is not bad, it is just not helpful for the person missing important pieces of communication.

To heal this earth we need to return to the natural village living systems...the villages who lived their earth calendars and travelled from earth worship ceremony cycle to earth worship ceremony cycle...this is what keeps our mothers love for us shinning, she smiles when we show up with our flowers and altars and conduct ceremonies that she laid down for us at the beginning times...she knows who remembers by how they pray.

She recognizes her daughters by how active they are at loving each other first, and then her, with their life processes... the good news is that a new dawn has already risen, and she is already calling many of us...those who attend this four year ceremony will show her, by the pounding feet dancing around her arbor fire...sacred fire of the scared heart of our mother...this is the most healing social activism one can perform, alongside living in and with your natural village...she waits to feel her own heart beat pounding back to her from our feet tuning to her heart beat...we signal to her "WE YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE AWAKE" We are here, Mama, tell us what you want us to do, now...

this is how we approach the healing of our mother...by asking her, what SHE wants us to do, to support HER SELF HEALING PROCESS..
living in natural villages, and celebrating her through regular ceremony cycles...this is what she whispers to her dancing daughters....
lovelovelovelovelovelovelove (is alll there is...)
namaste

Om nama SHAKTI!!!!

Yes, I agree that we are very small in comparison to our Mother! Mostly I percive us humans that are in need of healing and partially the Mother. Particulary on the spots that we two legged have refined gifts and substances to a point that the substances are in such a concentration that they change the homeostatis of life as we two legged know it.

Lifeforce is much stronger than what we can imagine. The healing is about creating sustanable lifeways for human and mamal continuation. Life will go on past you and me!

The Mother can shake herself a bit and many of us go on to other dimentions.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:20 am 

The best thing you can do for the earth is to make society's transition as smooth as possible.

Who knows what's going to happen in the coming years, but if we can help spur people toward:

valuing strong personal boundaries
transcending the illusion of self-importance
unconditional understanding and not "moral judgments"
detachment and neutrality

...we can help society leave the place of use and abuse of mother earth and each other.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm 

Hi!

We all agree that Mother Earth needs healing, but even more it is humans who need to learn respect her.

It is evident, that the lifestyle we have now will not survive forever. There is no solution in near future for all the problems. However I am getting tired hearing only staff, which makes feel misarable and hopeless.

Right now I am trying to find funds to start project with local newspaper. If able, I'll build up a news side to represent bioeconomical, enviroment favorable techniques, customs, enterprises and articles.

I found in Shaman Hawk's blog (http://blueplanetshaman.com/blog/2011/0 ... the-union/) some very positive stuff, how people are trying to do their best and became thinking people need good examples. Everything is possible if given a chance.

If here is others who have positive and encouraging stories to tell or webpages to suggest, I preciate that. Maybe those could be used in a form or other to get people rethinking, re-evaluating their present lifestyle and choices they do in everyday life. Here in Finland too.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 am 

I would really recommend anyone interested in Earth Changes reads this [both moving and disturbing!] real-life story: "Phoenix Rising: No-Eyes' Vision of the Changes to Come" in which Mary Summer Rain's relationship with the old and wise Indian shaman No-Eyes, introduced in Spirit Song, continues, as she reveals to Mary her compelling visions of the future. From the setting in the simple mountain cabin, No-Eyes takes her on a sometimes frightening journey through time, viewing the upheavals to come through a unique perspective, on timeless paths that few have ever traveled.

My own similar prophetic experience [with a group of Lakota] - 3 years before I got to hear of "Phoenix Rising", is recorded here: THE EARTH SHIFT

See also...
"Finding Sanctuary in Nature: Simple Ceremonies in the Native American Tradition""

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim