Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim

Post subject: Can we help Haiti?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:48 pm 

What can I and other shaman do to help the situation in Haiti?

Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 am 

Hi Old Rivers,

Journey with the intention of having your spirits do the work of lifting some of the terror, deep pain, confusion, and sadness from the land and air of Haiti. DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF. Let your spirits do the work. If we can lift some of the terror, confusion, pain and sadness, recovery might come a bit quicker. These elements kind of echo and re-echo in the Haitian environment growing and expanding - we can help by working to reduce them.

But let me repeat, DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF. Let your spirits do the work. You do not want to get contaminated by those things. For anyone out there reading this, if you don't truly understand what I mean here, don't even try to do it. Sorry to be so blunt, but I worry sometimes about putting this kind of advice out on the internet where all and sundry have access. This time the magnitude of the pain and problem have overwhelmed my reservations.

This is one of those situations for which I can imagine Shamans without Borders.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:10 pm 

Chris,

Thank you for your reply and your ideas. You look at the situation much more deeply than I had. After posting the first message, I wondered if many of us drumming and sending intentional messages of hope and healing would help.

Anyone with thoughts along those lines?

Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 am 

I think they just have a lesson to learn. When there was tsunami in Thailand, local people greatly helped others and turists. Locals had nothing and yet they gave all their help.

And what happens in Haiti, immediatly locals start to rob each others. When the greediness takes that place so fully, I think they have lot to learn and let them study it. I do not send anything into that place, when the energy is so easily abused, taken into hands of most greedy robber.

But by following Chris's advise, sending longdistance healing energy spirits to deliver may do something good. Let spirit helpers deceide, what kind of help and where would suit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 am 

as a veteran and a healer this is all i have to say about helping those in haiti....i will not say...do not go...fear profits us nothing...but wisdom must be applied here....if you have no experience or training in disaster relief or the military or humanitarian aid....i recommend you let your spirits do the work as chris said...but if you want to go there in the flesh and do some good...as someone who has done disaster relief work in the past let me say...nobody needs untrained volunteers getting in the way...it hinders more than helps....and to correct any misconceptions about the haitian people...i have known a number of haitian men during my military service and they were all very receptive to the unseen world...every last one of us who sends help via spiritual conduits or through monetary donation or physically going there is going to make an impact...i haven't the funds to go there...and as such will be gathering my brethren to send as much that way as possible...you can never know the potential of the one you attempt to heal untill they either make or brake what new chance they are given..untill that point it is our duty in my opinion to contribute to that chance

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:41 am 

Sure. It just really picks me, when hearing from news, that big men armed with knives come and steal supllies ment for badly wounded, or just taking them away from women and children, who cannot defend themselves - just to build their own storages.
Then these TV celebrities find out, that this is their field, their chance of lifetime to play realtime hero. And what happens among help-organisations? News just told, these organisations are competing about mediavisibility, they cannot co-operate. Is this crisis for them just a chance to shine, to collect more money from funders? This crisis show much about negative side of human nature.

Help is needed, and it's delivery may be really best thing to leave into hands of professionals.

Short meditation lead me to think about earth.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:09 am 

i would have to say the greater crime is not what the civilians on the ground there do to survive such as criminal actions and fighting over food but the fact that western "civilized" countries...especially the US used this crisis as a huge pr opportunity...i could not agree with you more and perhaps if more people spoke out at a grassroots level then it would be recognized

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:18 pm 

You could just show up and ask what you can do. That's what I do at warzones and disaster areas.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 am 

nott ulfer wrote:
i would have to say the greater crime is not what the civilians on the ground there do to survive such as criminal actions and fighting over food but the fact that western "civilized" countries...especially the US used this crisis as a huge pr opportunity...i could not agree with you more and perhaps if more people spoke out at a grassroots level then it would be recognized

Please elaborate on what the "huge pr opportunity" the United States is using. As far as I can see, the US has sent in a 300 bed hospital ship, a mobile air control tower which reopened the airport, and is making parachute drops of water and food into ball fields and other open areas. None of the above is cheap. Where do you find fault?

Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 am 

Well, what was discussed, it was not so what and how much was delivered but at what attitude.

Most big organisation focused their attempts, where most media visibilty was present, at capital city. There was not much interest to deliver help where media was not present like smaller villages and so. It was quite strange to hear, that these organisation cannot do co-operation at helping, but planning their work where it would be most visible (profitable) for media to take pictures and interviews. That kind of attitude among helpers was criticised not the actual help.

So smaller organisation took care of rural area without the glory at printed paper.

Does somebody remembes movie from India, telling about lovestory and life in slums, when a boy wins one million? (Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

The movie was great success, but locals at slums hated it. They felt that, movie makers were just drawing big money from their plight, distress and shortage.
When others see just great movie, others can see this plight, real people nobody helps, not moviecompanies, anybody.
The world is full of these places, nobody is interest at helping. Why not, cause it is not mediasexy, it has no visibilty and pr-value. Helping Haiti was also a form of trend. Can somebody imagine anybody helping Haiti without media? Recieved help is at a bit diffrent scale compared to for example Bangladeh floods, where 5 million people were displaced 2007, 2340 people died at 2005. Can peole even remember these or did people even hear about them?

I may be pessimistic with this view, but can somebody explain why Haiti was so different and at other parts of earth the constant struggle for food, drinking water and life does not move anything a bit? Easy target? Near? PR-value?

Is it cynical ot say, that among all the crisis on earth, the project of Helping Haiti sounds in a ways hypocrical, like the whole world would have changed, healed, all is fine and there is no ill in the world. If every person helping Haiti would continue that work daily, without expectin anything in return, helping other people in need in other parts of earth, that I would call something.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 am 

Jusma is right on line with this one. I live in South Florida, just North of Miami, a very short trip to Haiti. We have several large ports and military facilities here. The only reason the US got to Haiti for relief work is because Germany was there the very next day from across the planet.

Even after hurricane Andrew, one of our most devastating storms, we didn't start getting help until after two weeks. The government knows that if you wait long enough to give relief, the people will do whatever you want. In an international theater you have other players.

Just about everything you buy here is made in China. I think that's about to change.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:14 am 

Shaman Hawk wrote:
The only reason the US got to Haiti for relief work is because Germany was there the very next day from across the planet.

Hmmm, the information I have indicates that a small US Coast Guard cutter was in the area on the day of the quake, and stepped in to provide air control for the Port au Prince airport. It stayed until a portable air control tower was brought in.

It looks like this thread is turning into an anti US soapbox, rather than one with ideas on how shaman can help Haiti.

Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:22 am 

Old Rivers wrote:

Please elaborate on what the "huge pr opportunity" the United States is using. Where do you find fault?
Old Rivers

Question was made and answer given. It is a problem to perceive things.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 am 

Hmmm, Coast Guard cutters are all over that area so coincidentally would be in an area of what ever would happen at any time. In an effort of homeland security alone they would step in and take control.

The information I got was from the largest missionary complex on the island whose building in Port au Prince did not collapse and is being used by the US as their command base. They say the Germans were there before the US came in a week later. They would know since the reliefs started coming through them first, as they were better prepared and already established.

As a Marine who is currently working on a project to enhance the performance of our nuclear subs, I won't be doing the anti US soapbox thing on a military level. My views on govenment/big business matters are a different story.

Oh yeah, how to help. Other than the obvious, you could start with some re education, starting with simple questions like: "If you couldn't feed your one child, why did you have five more?" There are nine million people in the poorest country in this hemisphere. Of course the same mission is against birth control and telling them God will provide (probably through the large country to the North).

Guidance in construction would help. Perhaps no one noticed there was no rebar sticking out of the fallen concrete of any building. Said mission was built to American standards.

Install a new government, provided by us.

Or we could all sit around, hold hands, sing shit and call down the white light.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:42 am 

Hi Everybody,

The mission started by us goverment is not enough..........I suggest that we should collect money for haiti people.

Thanks,

Board index » General Discussion » Social Activisim