Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Your Favorite funny Shamanic Story
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:45 am 

I got to thinking that laughter is also good medicine. I haven't seen hardly any fun posts on this forum.

Please share your favorite fun story about shamanism.

Here is mine.

We had a group a while ago that was journeying. One guy named Dale saw a worm on a journey who said. "What, don't cha think I could be your totem animal? This same person was looking for a Bear or Eagle and really had quite an ego.

The next person shared their journey and said they had a cardinal that kept looking around for something and that they couldn't tell if the bird was their totem or not. They thought that the bird needed an offering or something.

Another person said, "Maybe you need to feed Dale's totem animal to your totem animal then"

OMG there was so much laughter I fell over howling.

Needless to say it was a great lesson in humility for Dale.

Please share a fun story.

Laughter is good medicine

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:51 am 

I agree with you 100% laughter is an amazing healer. I very much value the silly in life and am always finding humor in things. The ability some people have for making others laugh is a great gift. During some of the worst times in my life, humor has been a haven of happiness when circumstances seem undeniably bleak.

Here is one of my lastest greatest experience, a video from a trip with my daughter to the aquarium and the summoning of a puffer fish with fart noises, well ya gotta kinda turn up the audio :P she got a great kick out of it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn8HfCFgRgg

I posted this on another message board but it was absolutely unappreciated! :roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:19 pm 

Farting noises - try to avoid them in the parts of the ocean, where those fishes live *g*.

My story is about spirits and witches.

Two years ago Condor, my Totem Spirit (I do not like this term, but it fits as any other), had the idea that I should conduct a Condordance on a very special location and a certain date. I personally wanted to dance in the night, after sunset, as this is the best time for those dances - so I thought.

Well, the person planing the events asked me one day, whether it would be a better idea to dance in the early morning hours. She came up with some reasons and all that. I denied, of course. It was unthinkable to me.

Two days later, on the evening hours, Condor began to speak to me with angel-tongues. You need to know that this Totem Spirit has a clear female note in her energy. Well, Condor began to convince me, that it was not - that - big problem, dancing at daylight and all that. We could make good photographs and even record the whole thing. Fact is, after thirty minutes I agreed with her.

One day later I informed the Woman that organized the meeting, that I would indeed dance at the morning hours.

The funny thing was, that she phoned with another Woman I know, who is a witch, at the same day after we had the first talk. The witch then told her that she would have a short talk with my (!) Totem Spirit because the best possible being that could convince me in those things to anything was and is Condor.

After I found out the whole thing I was laughing quite a long time about myself.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:40 am 

8) I love how coincidence/syncronicity works, I often find it very humorous too :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:19 am 

I talked about one spirit's actions and two women, and not of synchronicities or coincidences.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 pm 

While attending a gathering of healers, several other "empowerment" groups were in the same area. At meals, the various attendees shared the same dining hall.

At dinner the first night, one woman beside me was very talkative, and wanted to know why I was there. As I explained about being an "energy healer," her eyes became wide as she asked, "Are you one of those shaman?" When I nodded in agreement, she looked closely at me and said, "I find that surprising - you look so normal!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:41 pm 

Apu Kuntur wrote:
I talked about one spirit's actions and two women, and not of synchronicities or coincidences.

oh I guess I misunderstood , the way you wrote it it sounded like she didn't know what your totem spirit was or anything before she asked about it. it sounded like a coincidence that she called about it on the same day.

so what was funny about it? did I miss something?

another Q if I may, what why was it unthinkable to dance in the morning?

Last edited by Bau on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:50 pm 

Rachara El wrote:
While attending a gathering of healers, several other "empowerment" groups were in the same area. At meals, the various attendees shared the same dining hall.

At dinner the first night, one woman beside me was very talkative, and wanted to know why I was there. As I explained about being an "energy healer," her eyes became wide as she asked, "Are you one of those shaman?" When I nodded in agreement, she looked closely at me and said, "I find that surprising - you look so normal!"

:lol:

I think I look relatively normal but sometimes I wonder.
In a similar example, once quite a long time ago when I had just started studying shamnism, and having some realy weird experiences, one of which was someone I didn't know out of the blue walked up to me and asked me if I was a shaman. I asked why they asked and they said because of the music. I wasn't playing it, didnt pick it and was only listening to it. *shrug* that was the extent of our conversation. It was rather awkward moment for me at the time. :oops:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:53 am 

Bau wrote:
oh I guess I misunderstood , the way you wrote it it sounded like she didn't know what your totem spirit was or anything before she asked about it. it sounded like a coincidence that she called about it on the same day.

Both persons not only know me personally for years, they also know Condor. If you read carefully, I wrote that she phoned previous to Condors action in convincing me.

Quote:
so what was funny about it? did I miss something?

Obviously yes. You missed my stubborness and the way how it was being overridden. Condor bribed me in fact. I laughed about myself, and always again, thinking of this conspiracy of three *lol*.

Quote:
another Q if I may, what why was it unthinkable to dance in the morning?

One main reason is that my definition of "morning-time" is something around 11 a.m. - earliest possible. They considered something around 8 a.m. - for me a total No-Go.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur[/quote]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:13 am 

ah I see thanks for the patience :P

After all , are most birds favorite time actualy in the morning??

mabee you should expand your horizons and try a sunrise dance, they are as nice as sunset ones , I often like to do them on a motorcycle. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:38 pm 

My biorhythm is linked to the Condor's in some ways. I found out some years ago. Usually I raise with them (Roughly 5-6 hours time-difference, compared with South-America La Paz Time or Buenos Aires Time). Usually I go to bed at 2-4 a.m. - trying to change this only is possible for short times, and I am used to this rhythm since 1991. I would not suffer Jetlag when travelling to the Andes, and I fit my working times perfectly into this time-frame of acitivity.

Recently the whole thing changed a bit, because the amount of sleep decreased considerably: I only need 4-5 hours sleep, thus usually awake much earlier, but go to bed as usual. But an "early bird" I never going to be ^^. The earlier hours I spend doing deep-trance works.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 pm 

Lucky...I still require 6-8 hours of sleep almost absolutely...my body just doesn't function with less on a consistent basis.

Okay funny story for me. My friend have always known me as 'the monkey' its just been a function of my nature since I can recall, and more prominent it became when I began to explore therianthropy and subsequently shamanism. My funny story dates back to four years ago I believe, when my Irish friend, Zamiel, (living in Illinois,) and I were in stronger contact with one another. To add some history to his name, he had a particularly close friend/mentor who grew up in a occult 'gang', (and no not a friendly gang, a real hardcore underground occult group,) of sorts as a child, she's had particular training in energy manipulations and the like.

Well one day my friend's mentor called him. Among her first words were, "is your friend a monkey?" He was flabbergasted a first but agreed and she explained that she had had a dream the night before. In the dream she and him were talking in a room, and the phone rang. When my friend picked up the phone a monkey like creature had popped out of it and punched him in the face. He subsequently punched (me) back and knocked me back into the phone. I found it rather humorous because it was exactly how we always treated each other, and shocking to me still this day that someone completely unrelated to me saw me as the monkey in her dream.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:48 am 

actually in my research, discussion with therians, and own personal experience, it seems to be very common for others to be able to 'see' their phenotype.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism