Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Where do souls come from and those more grained than others!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 am 

Hi there Everyone,

I've only recently logged in to the forum as a new member. I was not a member so decided to do so as I feel I need to share and kinda want understanding.

Just want to introduce myself and my question.

I am being brought on a shamanic path . I'm not sure if the choice is mine or not. I have a hunch, not really as it takes many lives to get to a certain level. My life took a severe turn in years past and i have not been the same person since. I mean for the better I believe! I mean I'm not trying to be better than anyone or indeed think or give off the notion I am, because i am not.

What I'm really wondering friends is how can one really tell what age or how old they really are. I mean I feel old some days yet I'm rather young. I always remember my dreams and to me i'm not sure about whether the dream is a fantasy or reality.

I mean if I'm new to all this, information would not manifest itself so regularly whether in dream mode or awake.

I know I'm journeying and I prepare well. Protection is a must as they won't let me through if I'm not ready.

My main question really is how old souls are different from new and to try and figure out where these souls came about cause I'm not sure i really and truly belong here or are from here. Can others identify with this? Like looking into the center of a tree or plaining back and back to reveal the origin. I've had dreams too where I have been visited. I really did not feel in fright. I kinda knew that this was part of the journey. Please tell me your stories. I look at great leaders, artists, people who stood out over time because of their knowledge, wisdom, expression and love.

At this stage I have given myself up for this. a challenge, this excercise, an initiation, but others, I feel may try and hinder this. Maybe I'm being paranoid, maybe not but i feel a sense of "Why aren't you like us"?, which is ok. I've gotten used to it. My main concern is ego! I have to listen at times to myself. I don't want to get carried away. I believe at some time i can teach or help council. not yet though. I've a lot to do! a lot to learn. I hope this is relevant to this particular topic and i didn't go too far or bore you guys!

Great to be here!

Thank you for listening my friends.

Beannacht (An Irish blessing)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:29 am 

welcome, Sainmhiniu... glad to have you join the rest of us.

Shamanic journey is a wonderful and powerful way to explore your lives. As there is no time/space restrictions, you must set specific intent to the journey or the results may be very confusing.

To understand yourself more deeply, there are 3 journeys you could take:
1) to the time/place you suffered the most
2) to the time/place you had great power and did the most harm
3) to the time/place you were loved and honored the most

each one will show you specific images that has come forward with you to this lifetime and has shaped you now, and will influence you into the future. Take time between each journey to honor each life, celebrate the good AND the ugly, and come to peace with each.

Then recognize where each of those aspects are within you now. Your age is not as important as what wisdom have you learned along the way. These 3 journeys are one way to find out.

Always work within sacred space, and journey with your guides and Power Animal. Be open to the experience. It's a fascinating journey.

my blessings to you

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:57 am 

Thank you Rachara El,

Yes my structure is made up from many experiences and memories. Not of this life alone. That is why I wanted to know what others thought.

I have a good friend and teacher guiding me on this path and I fully trust this person. they teach me well otherwise I would not ask these questions I believe!

its just I see so many people day in and day out disconnected, not happy, and I feel this. Its like they are not sure about themselves and do things that supersede their intention of life. Its very insecure. Not for me maybe, but more for them.

How did we come to this without being negative about it or indeed asking questions.

Why are they living this way, not really connecting to the bosom of our great mother, our sky, the ancestors. It makes me cry my dear friend.

Are we that different from them and each other. Or do we not come from the one origin?

So I thank you for your post , your wisdom, help & honesty.

Blessings!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 am 

People became this way because they forgot:

they forgot who they were;
they forgot what truth is;
they forgot what happiness is;
and they forgot each other.

Life is about balance. It's about the 7 basic teachings of honesty, love, truth, courage, wisdom, humility and respect. It is NOT about me, nor is it about YOU. But it's about US... all of us... including the plants and animals and everything that is not us.

and until people remember this, they will be unhappy.

Our focus as shaman is to bring balance back; to remember the lost wisdoms and live the teachings. It's not easy, but so critically important to stand together as One.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:55 pm 

Haileo a Shainmhíniú, conas taoi inniú?

Ok, my view on fantasy and reality. When we shamanically travel, I think it's within a dimention/reality which has esenitally the same features of our ordinary world, but we can get information from it. Our OSC reality is essentially the same, we just can't get information through it in the same way. So yes dreams are real, just as real as our ordinary reality, but it takes time to understand them. It could be said that we 'imagine' what the forces of nature, which appear as animals, fairies etc look like, and this varies from culture to culture, but nevertheless they ARE there and can tell as something

Beannachtaí leat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:17 am 

Rachara El wrote:
People became this way because they forgot:
they forgot who they were;
they forgot what truth is;
they forgot what happiness is;
and they forgot each other.

Our focus as shaman is to bring balance back; to remember the lost wisdoms and live the teachings. It's not easy, but so critically important to stand together as One.

Nicely put. And there are writings, which suggest that, when we came here, we did remember and by the time forgot. Some may say, we came here to forget and remember again. So we are all on the same way to remember

How we came here... I think there are as many stories as there are people. Every culture has it 's own and each individual has it's own life's story. How far can you reach for it, how far can you remember?

Post subject: Old and new souls
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:20 am 

Hi Sainmhíniú, All,

The question about old souls is a fantastic one - and something I have thought about, and tracked, loads. There are a variety of different things one could write, with varying degrees of out-there-ness :)

1. The Universe, creation, is not stagnant or fixed but is constantly emerging and evolving. As such, as far as I can tell, it is continually individuating (i.e. emerging as new souls, new consciousnesses, new forms) to further its experience of itself, and also to experience relationship, the coming together of two (or more) individuals in both equality and difference.

2. The old souls can be seen, then, simply as those who emerged at earlier points in the creative process - and, as such, may have acquired more wisdom and experience over the course of many lifetimes, incarnations. It would, however, I think be simplistic to say that old soul = wise, new soul = unwise, and indeed I'm sure that there are many old souls who haven't learnt much or learnt much about connection, and/or about who they are. It really is relative to the choices that one makes ...

3. That said, another general observation is that the Universe seems to move from Unconsciousness to Consciousness, and, as such, if one has been in the 'game' longer chances are you have had more opportunities to gain awareness. As I said, though, whether one has taken them or not is another question ... :roll:

On the question of how things came to be like this, all of the above, to me at least, are true. However, there are some other possible factors ... at various points in human history, and the history of this solar system (not to mention possibly elsewhere in the Cosmos) there have been a number of civilizational/planetary collapses, predominantly due to the abuse of power. With such collapse comes/came great (physical) destruction, which can be carried in cellular memory and which old souls, and maybe younger ones too, can thus remember on some level. As such, the immense fear generated out of such events can cause us to shut down to who we really are, to turn against connection to the Cosmic Process, to avoid other people and beings. This might be the root cause of how what you see around you came to pass ...

Another consequence of such events is blame, or self-recrimination if one was involved :lol: Yet, this is to miss the point - that the real reason behind all of this is our perceived sense of separation from God/Source/The Universe, call it what you will, and with that sense of separation comes a feeling that life happens to us, rather than being co-created by us. From the former perspective, we can truly believe that we have no real free will, no personal responsibility for our lives and no creative capacity - so we seek solace and power in the 'system', the societal trance and dream (some might say nightmare :shock: ) instead, with all its blessings and downsides.

But these are just my thoughts - as far as I can tell, truth can only ultimately be discovered, accepted and embraced through self-knowledge.

I wish you, Sainmhíniú, and everyone, the very, very best for your journeys, inner and outer.

Love,

James

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism