Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: When your religion contradicts your culture
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:16 am 

Hey i am Lida and new here. Any who I am a Rromni (Female Rromanes Gypsy) and shamanism is my culture and I even went through "the sickness" when I was 9. But religiously I am supposed to be Catholic........ I think you get my problem. I just dont know what to do. In Catholism this is a mortal sin. I could be doomed to hell. But I cant just stop and plead for forgiveness. Should I give up my relgion for my culture? Is their a way to work around this? Is their a different Christianity I can follow? Any advice? Anyone? Pleeease? LOL

Post subject: Re: When your religion contradicts your culture
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:23 am 

Hello Dear,
Religion will always contradict shamanism and the Gypsy culture, because religion is based on scriptures and dogma and authority,while shamanism and your culture is based on direct personal experience and empowering the individual.If you have a free spirit,you will always have a conflict between the two,no matter how hard you try to reconcile them.I hate to think that you are going to spend the rest of your life in inner conflict,so I am going to make some suggestions:
1]Remember first,that God doesn't care what religion you follow.So,you are not going to hell,no mater what religion you follow!Feel free to follow any religion that satisfies your needs.
2] Look for the company of people who accept you as you are,who like you as a person and do not judge your beliefs.
3] If you insist on seeing yourself as a Christian or a Catholic look for an earth based Christian group or a Goddess based Christian group.I don't know if such groups are in existence in your country,but they do exist in the western world.
Google the terms:Earth Goddess,Earth based spirituality,Goddess based spirituality, Wicca and other.You will find a group that shares your personal values.Do not follow a group that belittles women;even as you see yourself as 'little Lida'. I am The Oracle. oracledreamhealer.com

Last edited by oracledreamhealer on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: When your religion contradicts your culture
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 am 

Thank you! That actually helped a lot! It put me at ease. I am going to explore my options more :)

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism