Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: What's with black stone meaning ?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:19 am 

Could someone share with us all the meaning behind black stones ?
Ussually the mineral onyx?
Thanks
I found this but I sense there is much more.
http://www.jewelrysupplier.com/2_onyx/o ... bolism.htm
For those who follow the Wicca, New Age or believe in the Spirit World, Crystals, Minerals, Rocks, Semi-Precious Stones and metals can have powers for Astral Travel, Aura Cleansing, Channeling, Cosmic Awareness, Crystal Healing, ESP, Meditation, Psychic Communication, Psychic Energy and Transcendental Meditation. They also believe a crystal can have crystal magic that gives it the ability to connect to spirits, spirit guides, spiritual energy and help with channeling spirits and increase cosmic awareness.

With its powers effective in all Chakras, Onyx is a very spiritual stone. Its primary function for spiritualists is as a grounding stone that strengthens the connection of the person with the earth during meditation and astral travel to provide guidance. They also say that it can make powerful memorial jewelry that can heal the spirit during mourning. It is in tune with the Earth’s energies, balances Yin and Yang, but does not respond well to energy programming.

Protection-The spiritualists believe it can protect against venomous snake and insect bites, divine the future through dreams and offer general protection in times of conflict. It is a defensive magick stone.

Hebrew- Onyx was one of the twelve stones in the Hebrew High Priest Aaron’s breastplate. It is associated with the Gad Tribe of Israel and the guardian angel Gabriel. Onyx is also the Hebrew stone for July.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:03 am 

My Totem stone is Obsidian,I cary snowflake obsidian because of my mixed heritage and I cary two Apache tears for power and protection,I dont think these are the same as onyx ,your totem mineral can be used to direct more powerful elements to help heal you personally.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:03 am 

In my work, black stones are one of the elements that deals with the Shadow, Death and heavy energies. The work is not limited to Onyx, but includes all black stones.

The element that works best with you is the one you want.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:44 pm 

When I used to carry anger. I would imagine getting the unwanted energy swirling around me, then throw it into a black stone. I would then throw the stone into the sea. It was instant relief for me. If anyone would pick up that stone, they would get angry without knowing why. That's why it is thrown into the sea where the energy can be recycled into something more useful.

Post subject: Re: What's with black stone meaning ?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:56 pm 

I am currently quite interested in stones too. I personally find black stones very heavy - although as a capricorn I am supposed to be fond of onix, for example. I got onix earings and quite soon felt as if someone has stepped over my head and showlders. The propper place for black stones, apparently, appeared to be the root chakra (that is how it works for me). They are good to be used for grounding - after meditation, for example.

One of my beloved stones is labradorite - it is also called 'a shaman stone' for, they say, it helps travelling other worlds. For me it is helpful in different ways, one of them - helping visualisationand getting connected with light and love. It varies in colors, including dark grey with black pieces in it. It is a great protection stone - I have tested that. And again, this is how it works for me. I've read smoke quartz is much stronger than pure quarz, but is also very heavy. The darkest one (it really looks like black) is called moryon and it connects with the spirits of the departed. If this is what you need - you could try it. Personally for me it is not attractive - I feel a heaviness that I would rather avoid.

You will see how it goes with you with all the different stones - try it, test it, smell it, love it, and it will show up to you.
:)

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism