Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: What is Curanderismo?
 Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:03 pm 

Curanderismo -- a classic solution to address today's problems. Curanderismo is an approach to healing that integrates the mind, body and spirit. Originally drawn from the ancient cultures of Mexico and Central America, it is steeped in tradition and ceremony. Over the centuries, curanderismo has been influenced by the healing arts of the Spanish, Greks, Arabs, Africans and Native Americans.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:18 pm 

Please, tell us more. Along my path, I have also been drawn toward Curanderismo, mostly the Mexican-American equivalent that resides here in the Southwest. So you're a practitioner of this tradition? Can you delineate what the basic principles, methods, and cosmology of a Curandero are? I would love it if you could post on this in a little more detail, so that it may help us all on our paths as healers.

Post subject: Folk healing techniques
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 pm 

I use gentle folk healing techniques of a Curandero to provide a comforting connection between healer and patient. Working with prayer, divination, energy work, herbs and ritual cleansings, I releases undesirable energy blocks within the body and then redirects beneficial energy to necessary areas. In this way inner balance and harmony is gained.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:35 am 

I would think of the word Curandero as synonym to the word Shaman.

Post subject: Depends?
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 am 

Depends what part of South America you travel too! I am called both because of my training!!

Post subject: healing arts
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:55 pm 

Curanderismo literally means the art of healing. A curandero is one who cures, a healer. Curanderismo covers all of the healing arts, including plant remedies, psychological therapy, spiritual work, soul retrieval, removal of trauma, treatment of brujeria or witchcraft, basically everything that needs to be done to bring about total health, harmony, and happiness. Check out http://www.ayahuascafoundation.org for more information.

Post subject: Re: What is Curanderismo?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:02 am 

Curanderismo - Soul Medicine for disability

Curanderismo sprang out of ancient Mesoamerican civilizations, whose contributions, although largely ignored, have greatly shaped today's world. For example, many drugs have origins in botanical medicines, and a huge portion of today's food staples were foods enjoyed by these civilizations. The inclusion of these edibles significantly improved the overall nutritional value of the European diet. Given such examples of the abilities of these contributions to nurture and keep us healthy in today's world, it follows that their healing principles also have relevance.

Post subject: Re: What is Curanderismo?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:34 am 

A curandero (or curandera for a female) is a traditional folk healer or shaman in Hispanic America, who is dedicated to curing physical or spiritual illnesses.There are different types of curanderos. “Yerberos” are primarily herbalists. “Hueseros and Sobaderos” are bone/muscle therapists who emphasize physical ailments. "Parteras" are midwives.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism