Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: What happens if you ignore your calling to shamanism?
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:09 pm 

I was just wondering if it is possible to have repercussions to not aswering your calling to shamanism.

As I have said in my intro I felt a calling about five years ago but I ignored it out of fear and the most difficult times of my life have been these last five years. Do you think your life could be effected negatively by not walking the path you are called to (specifically shamanism). I'm asking because I feel there may be a connection however I am only just starting out and have much to learn. I would really appreciate hearing what you guys think and maybe even some of your experiences of how your life has changed.

Thank you in advanced :)

Post subject: Re: What happens if you ignore your calling to shamanism?
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:10 pm 

Hi,

Generally speaking, it's bad news.

But the only one I met in this position was a shamanka in the Altai. She had started her apprenticeship, but found it difficult and stopped.

At the time, nothing had gone wrong, but that was about 15 years ago, and I don't know what happened to her since then.

All the best,

Mac

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 am 

Thank you for your response Mac :)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:47 am 

I think what happens to each of us is too different to say that everyone who ignores it will have something bad happen. However I would say that when you feel ready, you will feel the same calling you did back then. The great sprits are always waiting for another soul to aid them. The better we are, the better the great sprits are, its that simple. So try not to worry about it, and when your fear of the unknown is completely passed, you will have your answer. Be blessed always and good luck in your journey.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:24 pm 

Every person and situation is unique. Maybe this example gives insight of one way.

My own situation have changed so, that all I am trying to achieve and do just fails. Feels like I am urinating against wind all the time. I have followed shamanic path about 12 years, nowadays getting tired with neos, shamanic definition, stagnation and lack of personal interest.

I usually do not consult spirits anymore, but trying to find out my own ways out of troubles. But this time I had made the contact. And what I hear! It's been the spirits giving me the hardships. It's been their purpose to get me to do changes. Get me listening. I am not yet sure what it all will be, but moving to other location may be one thing I'll need to do.

Listening the call is always wise, even when it scares. Spirits may be quite persistant and continuous bad luck in everyplace really sucks.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:47 pm 

Thank you so much for your responses Esekkiel and Jusama, they have been very helpful.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 am 

My Granny once told me that I have the same gift that she does. Healing with bare hands. I agree, she has that gift. But I don't. And it's not my calling anyway.
What do you think?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:16 am 

What people should think? Am I misunderstanding something?

If you can do lay healing fine, if you cannot that is fine.

Every person live their lives as they see fit them, that does not need anybody's opinion.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 pm 

I believe the Spirits will keep trying to make you listen. They may nudge things into place that are hard to deal with, but I doubt they directly cause the problems. Once you start to listen, things should become easier to deal with. Not saying things will get better yet, but they will be easier to deal with.

That's my view of things on this topic.

WaterDragon

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm 

I think our culture can have an effect on these situations. I do believe I had a calling of sorts when I was a child. It wasn't really the same as some of the stories I hear about, the trance states I was entering were very mild, but I was in a kind of communication with a spirit. The details are a little blurry to me. One day a friend of mine told me that it was time to grow up, that it was childish nonsense, that was when I was about 9 years old. From the time I was ten to about 22 I had a lot of struggles and my life felt meaningless. I can't say I believe this was entirely coincidental, although puberty in general must have played a role in it all. I really feel if I were raised in a more mystically open minded culture things might have been different, but I'm really not bitter about it (anymore), I had to learn to live in this culture as it is. Then again I am not a healer; my primary place has been to help spirits cross over at least at this time. So maybe it's different for the members here who are healers. However I did contact a dead person around age 7 or 8.

In another way I've noticed that if I ignore my work as a visionary it will happen anyway, often in a more intense form. I'll fall into visions that are very physically intense, like built up potential being released. I really have no choice in the matter anymore I am what I am.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 am 

Hmm interesting,

I've been pondering this question myself for a very long time, I started this account quite sometime ago and have not been on this forum in a very long time for the exact reason. The shamanic calling seems heavy at times and overwhelming. I come back to it every now and then but never delve to deeply into it.

The part I find most interesting, and humourous, about finding this post is that the thing that prompted me to check out this forum again after so long, was something that happened to me at work today.

I stepped outside to do a patrol, and I scared off a crow. I walked slowly in the direction he flew off in. He flew back to a tree where a family of them have there nest. They are very protective of their young and I didn't want to disturb them any further so I kept my distance. Then I heard "cawwing" coming back from the direction I started, a tree right next to where the crow was that I accidentally scared off. I paused and turned around.. the sound I heard sounded like a crow yet it's pitch was a lot higher. I suddenly had the thought that it was a baby crow left behind. I don't know why but I had the urge to walk towards it.. I was afraid it might be hurt/fell out of it's nest or something. As I stepped forward, a bluejay came out of the tree and flew right towards and past me and over onto another tree right next to the crow family. I just found that whole event odd and amusing and it reminded me of this forum so I find it pretty funny that the same question I've been thinking of was posted by BlueRaven.

My thoughts on this so far is that ultimately we choose the lives we want to live, yet being chosen for this path is something special. Looking back, I thought I was walking away from this path yet all the events that have unfolded for me since I had my own calling have really been on this path the whole time as I have developed so much more as a person and have a new outlook and perspective on life, including shamanism.

So to sum it all up, for me this is the right path, even if I've been walking in the wrong direction on it or taking the scenic root at times \if that makes sense).

Thank you for your post

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:49 am 

I have to say that I had a strong calling as a child, but didn't have a frame of reference to recognize it for what it was.

As a result - I wandered around lost for decades ... and they were undoubtedly the hardest years I've had to go through.

As soon as I accepted and committed myself to the fact I was being called and to do my best to meet that call ... everything in my life changed and it's been bizarrely quite the opposite.

Do I think there is a connection? Oh hells yes.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism