Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Weather Shaman
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:58 am 

I have been dabbling with the forces of nature and how to help control the elements and weather in order to bring what is needed to certain areas for relief. I am new to this endeavor and I would like some advice as to how to go about doing such massive things the correct way so that I don't accidentally spawn up a hurricane or something that gets out of my control. I await your replies my brothers and sisters.

Travel Well,
KODIAK STARR OWL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:13 am 

Jayson

Align yourself with nature and nature will align itself with you.
When you are both balanced then ask for the weather you require not the weather you want.

Butterfly wings stiring up the wind creates tital waves on the other side of the world. Practice responsibly.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 pm 

So, if I am not careful or clear about what I am asking for I will create a serious disturbance in the weather?....I can remember as a kid I would do snow dances and they would work within a day or two, maybe my weather abilities have just been dormant for many years and now need to be re-awakened.

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:43 am 

Jayson

The weather is affected by all and all is affected by the weather.
Do not throw sand into the wind...

With respect
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:16 am 

kind of like casting spells and things like that right? I will be careful. However, if a hurricane is named Jayson or Kodiak forms it is merely coincidence and had nothing to do with me I promise. If however the Ozone layer starts to regenerate I'll take some credit in that! :D

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 am 

Kodiak
Everything in has it's seasons, humans, plants, animals and planets.
When the self is in balance the rest needs no assistance. It just flows as it should.

Yes okay you can take credit for healing the ozone layer!! LOL!!
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:24 pm 

One must be very careful with weather shamanism. For instance - if you want things to be dry when they're supposed to be wet, you risk the chance of causing more torrential rain elsewhere - because the energy has to go somewhere. If you pull humidity into an area that isn't supposed to be humid, you could cause drought conditions elsewhere.

Weather shamanism is much like dropping a pebble into a still pond: The effects travel outward and impinge upon many things, including things we cannot see.

When I do weather shamanism, I try to work with what is already here. For instance - lately we've been blessed with humid air being drawn in from the ocean. I try to work with that and create storms which will replenish the area.

I don't know HOW many times I've had to un-do what a clueless person has done, weatherwise...*sigh*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 pm 

Dreamerseye,
then you had better send me a private text for what I have already asked for because it's not small but I felt it had to be called for....so far it's working and spreading like wildfire......

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:23 am 

I'm not sure what you want...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:37 am 

Alrighty, first thing I object to is the thought of "dabbling" in anything which involves any sort of magick. One does not "dabble". Dabbling implies experimentation and a lack of experience, and both are dangerous.

Second, as I said, one has to think about every possible permutation, and even after you've done so, you will have missed some, simply because you are human and of limited vision. That's why we talk to the spirits and Spirit (however you define your Creator or god). They usually can see a much bigger chunk of the "picture" than we can.

*cringes* Don't "dabble". If you don't know what you are doing, then seek to learn more about the subject. Many people have died and lost their homes because of people "dabbling".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 pm 

I went for a brisk walk yesterday morning to burn off some calories instead of stopping at hungry jacks for coffee and hash browns, I broke my usual pattern of habit and decided it's time to et healthy.

Later that day I had a headache and went into a dream journey whilst leaning on my hands over a cup of coffee.

My "thinking" mind switched off and my dreaming journey began.
It lasted all of 4 seconds and in that time I travelled out of body in a falling motion into the wide expanse of the universe as it opened up in technicolour radiance. I felt my body turn and I saw my own face magnified a hundred times. I saw the shadow of myself as a shadow spot on my face and then felt myself plumiting to earth like a raindrop and then the close up vision of myself jumping into one of my own pores of my skin on my face. As darkness fell and the sun set in the journey, I realised I had travelled a full circle out of mu body and back in again in full vision. I awoke and nearly toppled over my cup of coffee.

The headache lasted 12 hours the journey 4 seconds.
Had the coee spilt who know how many bush fires there would be out of control now.... thank goodness for small mercies!
Understand this story and you understand how the world works.
Expement as you wish Kodiak, you are smart enough to keep your "intent of goodness" from causing any real damage. The world of one is not the same as the world of another, although it may appear to be, it is not.
What Kodiak creates with magic, he creates for himself and no other. Why because his intent is pure. If one is to "dabble" with intent that is to harm others for the sole purpose of greed, envy, etc all the things that are normally considered evil then responsibility it belonging to that person.

Simply put. what you sow you also reap.

If you feel you are "fixing someone elses mistakes" check again, because in actual fact they are your own that have come back to slap you on the back of the head and say "you did this, now you fix it."

Responibile action with good intent creates good results of benefit to all.
Irresponsibile actions with bad intent creates bad results for the individual who created them.

Shaman did not learn their skills from "no dabbling".
Kodiak with good intent continue dabbling.

The others who try to instil fear, check your own reason for such fear.

One mans fear is another mans power. Don't be fooled by false appearance of Mr Fear.

With much respect
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:17 pm 

One can have the best of intentions and still cause harm. If you don't know how this can be, then you are the one that has something yet to learn.

As a matter of fact, he did cause harm - he encouraged fires where there shouldn't have been any, at least not now. He meant for them to occur near his home, and they occurred somewhere else.

Such is the result of "dabbling", no matter the intention.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:22 pm 

Dreamerseye,
I knew the fires would start in California and watched them very closely. I had no intent of them starting there so therefore I did not start the California wildfires.....perhaps someone else with malice in their heart towards the beautiful Redwood trees that are in Big Sur started these. Check with your guides on this one. I will gladly and proudly own the wildfires here in NW Colorado for they are for cleansing purposes only. If my home is consumed in the fires then I will understand that it is part of the cleansing process as well and have to move on and find another home. My guides would NEVER allow me to play with such forces if they felt it was done in a destructive way. I listen to them very closely and allow them to guide me. You don't have to bother cleaning up my mess because you are looking at a clean floor my friend, time to open your eyes and look again. Don't pin the California wildfires on me, they are part of the natural cycle of things or the product of another Shaman.

KODIAK

-I'm not dabbling either, just remembering.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:22 am 

Just remember that good intentions are never enough. Mercy killers have good intentions. So did the Catholic Church when they sent out the Crusades.

The only way you know if your guides have the best of intentions is through experience, and I sincerely hope you are right.

All I know is that these northern Cali wildfires are "out of sync" and you were the one who claimed that they started because of what you intended...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:58 am 

dreamerseye

Kodiak is not left, not wrong and not right, he is at his centre where we all are. Where are you?

With respect

Elizabeth

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism