Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Voices etc
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 pm 

Hi everyone;

This is a question that I've always been rather curious about: when people hear voices for example, which they may suggest are God/say they are God, who then tells them to do something terrible, what is it doing the actual 'talking'. I have no idea, maybe it's a bad side of our personality, or maybe its an external source which wants us to do something unpleasant. I don't understand how a voice can be percieved as God however, if it is not God. When people speak to the divine, it's obviously something very different in every way, it's like a feeling of oneness and of love. The 'The is God, you have to kill...' idea is completely different, but I'm thinking that surely one can determine where the voice is coming from, without drawing to the conclusion/feeling that it actually is God who they are speaking to.

Anyway, I feel that the people on here would be the best to ask about this kind of thing, I'd really appreciate your responses :)

regards

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:54 am 

well, the "voices" I hear are definitely NOT God :shock:

Many times, the "Voice" is their subconscious or alter ego that surfaces due to lack of control, either by chemical imbalances or other stresses. However, in the NOR, not everything is concerned with our best interests; they have their own agendas - both good and bad. As a result, the energies (or voices or "God") can influence our behaviors. And it can be very difficult for an unstable mind to tell the difference.

It's not so difficult as you think:
try sitting in a swivel chair and spin about at least 40 times. Then try to stand straight up... but which way is up? You cannot, because you have become unstable.

Although this is a very simplistic example, it shows just how when the mind is unstable, even simple discernment is gone.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:42 pm 

Hey thanks

I agree with you there. A scientist created a helmet which fires magnetic waves at someone's brain, this cause hallucinaions and a feeling of presence? Yet the scientist said something like 'You can argue that it is God that they are percieving, but when people hear God ask them to kill someone, it's an issue''. Did the magnetic waves alter the consciousness allowing that person to experience oneness perhaps?

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism