Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: VoDoU ShAMaNs?..
 Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:27 pm 

I am beginning to study a watered down version or "core" of Vodou Shamanism. Anyone in the forum that studies this I would be interested in learning more about this and integrating it into my practice. Those who read this and are afraid of all the stuff that has been "programmed" into your preconception about vodou please study it before you cast judgment upon it. I thought it was all about Black Magic and hexes, but it is not, there is Much, Much more to it than that. I look forward to your replies.

Travel well as always.
KODIAK STARR OWL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:12 am 

Kodiak

A VDU (Visual Display Unit) will require four nice round circles as in VOODOO.
It may indeed leave you looking a little like the man on my right-> :shock:

Look if you wish, however leave it where it is.
You have more than enough on your plate my friend.

:wink:
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:31 am 

Thank you,
As I said I am only trying to integrate the best parts of healing and worship into my spiritual practice....But, perhaps I already do have enough to run with and that is good enough for now. It's just good to know how to honor spirits in other ways as well as call upon more ancient energy for healings.

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:21 pm 

Kodiak

Yesterday I went to my usual venue for a cup of coffee and to read the newspaper. (You know the place).
As I was reading my focus turned away from the text on the page to a very very very tiny caterpillar this big ---> |
It walked across the page as caterpillars do and I found it more amazing than the news I was reading on the page. I watched it and asked it "Tiny little caterpillar do you have anything to say?" And in that moment it crawled over the word "help" and then over more words that spelled out a sentence in it's diagonal scurry to the south/east direction.
It's message was profound and it's timing was perfect.
I gave the little caterpillar a drink of coffee and then took it outside into the garden near the building. I knew that if I placed my paper cup into the bins provided that the plastic would/could contain it and/or kill it before it reached it's intended destination. So I placed the caterpillar back into it's natural setting. I had to walk backwards to place the cup in the bin and that was my sacrifice for the little caterpillar.

If you watch carefully in your environment and let nature teach you the lessons that humans still have not mastered you will be living with beauty and serenity knowing that one day the tiny good deed will bring you a miracle when you most need it.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:37 pm 

My take on your words is enjoy the little things and the big things will take care of themselves? Or, even the tiniest good deeds will eventually add up and boomerang back to you when you need it the most, am I right?

KODIAK STARR OWL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 pm 

Kodiak for the time being...
When you are up you are left and when you are down you are right.

That is how I see it from all these perspectives.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:27 pm 

I'd say you have a new little brother enocheye,perhaps soon you will have a nice visit from a butterfly.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism