Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Understanding soul loss .
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:25 pm 

Is Soul Loss not the state of being a shaman? If you had no sensation of soul loss would you still be a shaman? If you felt you have an overabundance of soul wouldn't that be a psychosis?

What would being in the middle mean?

Is there more than one viewpoint with contrary opinions across different cultures as to what soul loss is whether it be positive or negative?

How do people sort it from the negative views that invasive ideologies like Christianity would place on it? I realize this is a big can of worms but... its there and its invasive. Christianity is not a shamanic practice but it seems to influence shamanism wherever it goes.

Soul loss is said to be an important part of what makes a korean shaman feel that they have been pre-destined to become a shaman.

If I'm not mistaken I think I also heard that soul loss and soul retrieval would be the beginning and end of your shamanic journey.

So why do people want to avoid it?

Post subject: Re: Understanding soul loss .
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:15 am 

I'm not sure what you mean by people wanting to avoid it?

Soul loss manifests as a detrimental change either psychologically, emotionally or physically, often all three. A Shaman needs to be whole in order to be balanced and not swayed by their own problems.

Initially, the proto-shaman (if I can use that term) may have soul loss in order to learn how to heal themselves, learn about the otherworld, gain experience etc not only in how to retrieve soul parts but how it feels, what happens and the possibilities etc.

However, there are incidences in the ethnographic literature and mythology which suggest twin or two-souled shamans. Often these manifest as gender non-specific.

From my experience, most of us experience minor soul loss virtually all the time but these bits usually come back to us quickly. Those with major soul loss are very ill indeed, often depressed, confused etc and this cannot be the 'state' of the Shaman.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:56 am 

It is not necessary to experience "soul loss" in order to become a shaman.But I think if you have experienced it,perhaps you would be more compassionate with people.I have the feeling that "soul loss" is experienced by every human being, nowadays,as we feel both our individual and collective loses.Humanity is in a state of crisis. The cumulative negative energies that mankind has produced have reached a massive level.Everyone is suffering,regardless of their level of awareness.The trees and the animals suffer too.Mother earth suffers.What has become of us?We have forgotten how to live in harmony with nature and with each other.
Religions are not going to solve our problems.Ideologies are not going to solve them.Prosperity is not going to solve them. Reforms are not going to solve it.We have broken the fundamental laws of the universe.We pay the price.We suffer.
Are we ready for a rebirth?What is my role as an enlightened shaman in the community of shamans,nowadays??You have excluded me as an essence from the fabric of life.You have mocked me.You have degraded me. You have exploited me[collectively] A wounded shaman can still be a shaman.But wouldn`t it be better if we could heal ourselves?I have spoken!
OracleDreamHealer. [you may Google my name on Google-as one word]

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 am 

There is no overabundance of soul. Once you are all whole, you are whole. Period.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism