Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Too much?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:33 pm 

I'm wondering if there are shamans on this site that have ever had the divine power on them so strongly that it starts to effect their daily life?
This power, divine power is too much. It is on me from daylight to dark. It seems to call me away to the forest and to meditation and a seeking. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy shamanism and it's healing and magical power, but I'm not sure it should be in control. I've always been told that any spiritual path that doesn't allow you to have control over it is a dangerous one. The true path should be gentle and allow the seeker the choice to decide what will happen and what will not. But this power is so strong it seems to move me into a shamanistic, meditative, healing path whether I want it or not. Is this the way it should be? Is there a way to shut this power off? Or am I just to accept it and go with it? Please do not respond to this unless you have had a similar experience.

Post subject: Re: Too much?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:25 am 

I do understand. This may sound rather vague but you have to keep a balance between the two worlds. If you are in the spirit realm too much it can be a bad thing. Remember that you have to take care of things in this world, and by staying too long in the spirit realm you neglect your life here. It is very tempting (especially in these times) and the pull can be very strong. You have to learn to be strong enough to control when you go there and not to get pulled over by the whims and desires of things over there.
I hope this made sense to you. Sometimes it is hard to put these concepts into words.

Post subject: Re: Too much?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 am 

Definitely put your foot down.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism