Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 am 

Thanks for your inputs to this discussion, Forest Child and Jusma.

Quote:
I had a vision that I was in an infernal cave, all the floor covered in spiraling flames. On the wall was a giant aztec calendar. Its cogs and wheels spun as the floor permutated and shifted like machinery. Out of the center of the calendar structure came a being. He crawled out using his hands to pull himself out of a hole. He stood before me all covered in what seemed like charcoal from head to toe. His flesh was burned. He was bald and had protruding white eyes. He stood there looking at me for a long while. And then I woke up.

The unconscious mind communicates largely via images, because they say [and impact] so much more than words. "Flames" and "getting burned" can be symbolic of PURIFICATION as in "THE FIRE OF TRANSFORMATION".

I wonder if your vision was actually a "mirror vision", Teopiltzin - a reflection of your own present journey?

I am aware that to some extent, no matter how well-meaning, we may have "burned" you a bit in this forum thread, and I would like to try and balance that with some words of affirmation, hope and consolation, Teopiltzin.

It has been wisely said that "Many are called, but few are chosen!"

Also that there are 2 types of shaman, the "hereditary/lineage" ones and the "evolved via crisis/ordeal" ones.

Something within you has drawn you to expose your personal quest in this discussion thread and you have "stayed the course" and opened up more and more to the [well-meaning!] scrutiny of others, so perhaps you are a man of great courage and initiative? Perhaps you will "bite the bullet" and "stay the tricky course" of shamanic development?

Many of us have set out on the shamanic quest because of a "call" at a time of misery or crisis in our lives. Many of us have also found that the path is strewn with rocks and chasms to fall into. After all, the shamanic path is an ADVENTURE! [i.e. energized with a few risks and dangers, as well as delights] - would we wish it any other way?

For some reason, I feel moved to mention to you the cautionary fairy tale of "The Red Shoes" by Hans Christian Andersen, written in 1845, you can read it in full online here. It is the story of a child's suffering and desperate neediness leading her to follow the path of the "false God" of a pair of red shoes. She eventually "crashes and burns" as we all do when we follow false Gods. Fairy tales like these are said to become popular because, like your vision of the sun God, they mirror common human experiences - in this case
"EGO DEATH".

Our early lives are necessarily spent fairly selfishly building up our EGO [sense of self and personal power]. There comes a point where the ego takes a step too far [as dramatized in The Red Shoes"!] and "crashes and burns", then we either stay in "Chapel Perilous" or grasp the opportunity for the "SELF" [Jungian term] or "SOUL" to take over. The ego must be restored [we need it to operate in and understand the everyday world] but this time as the servant of the soul, rather than the other way around.

This important human spiritual development journey is also reflected in the popular "Holy-Grail" legend. I would heartily recommend: "The Fisher King and the Handless Maiden: Understanding the Wounded Feeling Function in Masculine and Feminine Psychology" - very gripping tales, deeply meaningful and enormously helpful for grounding the shamanic path!

Good luck! Blessings on Your Path!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 am 

The web is everything,life,the universe,time,dimension,everything,everything in the web has access to the web,as far as percieved power or aquiring power well we have all the power we will ever have,accessing that is the trick to power,being able to percieve the web in all its complexity and diversity is the beginning of a journey,not necesarily a shamanic one but a journey just the same,what is power?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:04 pm 

Since i've made this post, I have been looking elsewhere for an answer to my question about the web of power. Ceremonial and chaos magick have a great appeal for me. Through the use of energetically charged power objects in ritual, i've been able to tap into the interconnectedness of all things through the workings of magick. This interconnectedness as a rule of thumb allows me to make change in the world by an act of will by following the simple law of cause and effect, taken to its farthest physical limitation, translating into change at the supernatural level.

Also, I did an experiment while journeying last night. I fused astral projection to the middle world with a lower world journey. In the middle world, I astrally projected to a person I know to perform a healing ritual in the SSC. Part of this ritual was a shamanic journey to retrieve a power animal and to perform a shamanic extraction by sucking on the patient's abdomen. A journey within a journey. This too, I think, gave me greater access to the web of power. Thanks for the replies.

Yours in the struggle,
--Teopiltzin

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:46 am 

Is this interconnection with everything you perceive, or also with everything you are not aware of?

If you are connected with one object is different than being connected with the field of vision and even different when being beyond that, when cosmos shows itself and yourself are dead. Always, when I have reached into limitless, I have died during journey, when ego cannot exist. It is psycholigicly hard to take, actually no more on my wishlist. - When readiness to be dead is asked.

If you are connected with one object by energitical bond, and share all the feelings, emotions and thoughts with it, it may be good place to acheive healing diagnosis, having complete understanding of situation. Thou I would not do that, because there may be too heavy things inside I could not take as healer. Usually it is better to have certain limit between, not attached to client anyway.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:11 am 

Now I remember, when I was 'young' and doing experiments of my own, I was once very well connected with one person. We did journey together and awhile I lost understanding which one of these journeying two beings were I.

So, your interconnectedness is maybe more like a link of telepathy, but not being the same.

Other thing is to do links between objets, just focus, amplify, direct your thought, give it quality, send it forward, other than being one with them.

One things is to send energy to transform or to achieve something and other being one with things and walking along with everythings and affecting, transforming by your mere presence.

So, do you rather want to learn build links between objects, so you can manipulate them? It can be very dark sorcery. When learning to manipulate energy, it may easily lead in the end to just fulfill egoistic needs.

But, if you are certain of what you are doing, maybe lucid dreamers may help you further. I've heard that they may build mentally temples, castles, planets, where they can revive themselves and do their rituals at the surroudings they want. That I do not know, what it is worth. Do thay have good results in the material plane, even they may be gods at their own planets?

When manipulating energy by your own will, I would remind to take good control of your thoughts and expesially emotions. When skills are mastered so, that something real can be achieved, quite disastorous results may come, when working tired or in bad mood.

Here I have examples of energyhealing situation. One healer during healing session was working tired, and istead of healing energy, started channel his own traumas and karmic challenges to patient. Other was tending his old, sick mother with reiki and because of his proundness and powerhunger, he came to channel something, that made his mother quite a worse. He never actually admitted much, but stopped all energy work suddenly. Later I heard that something had gone very wrong.

They both did not see, what was happening, when giving their 'healing'.

So, better do experiments by your own than trying to manipulate a person. (Spiritual intrusion can be called warwhere). Also, when gathering energy and sending it to somebody in need, better watch the quality of it, how it works. Take full responsibilty of what your doing. Like alchemist always watch the whole process, do not let things boil over.

It seem your doing your own path and exploring, experimenting many things. Hope all is going fine. After everythings, is good to think what good it is to make astral projections, having ability to walk in many places and times, if person lacks an ability to be present here and now. But me like many others tried to first find and explore, before settling down.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:39 pm 

In this regard, you may find "Thought Vibration - Law of Attraction in the Thought World" helpful.

Also the DVD "The Secret" which is based on the ancient metaphysics of "The Law of Attraction". "The Secret" features a panel of international "happiness and success" gurus, accompanied by an array of real-life examples and drawing on five thousand years of the science, psychology and mysticism of "creating your dreams" and "manifesting your desires".

It is full of tips on how and why you can create the future of your dreams - happiness, love, joy fame, wealth, relationships, adventures, top sports performance etc. The experts teach, with the help of dramatised scene enactments, the secrets of how to make your affirmations, ambitions, dreams and visualisations actually work this time! The experts are drawn from the fields of psychology, psychotherapy, spirituality, quantum physics, sports performance science, wealth creation etc. This is a truly life-transformative movie - its power has to be seen to be believed! It teems with simple down-to-earth, practical, everyday-life tips on how to transform your health, prosperity, abundance and happiness, that are absolutely mind-blowing!

A word of caution though, when tapping into the "web of power" be careful what you want to achieve - many of our desires and cravings are driven by basic animal lusts or the insecurities of our "egoic self" (survival self), neither of which can create the kind of peace of mind and fulfiment that goals based driven by soul-wisdom and life-purpose can bring!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:17 am 

brothermichael wrote:
peace of mind and fulfiment that goals based driven by soul-wisdom and life-purpose can bring!

I have living example of this from the few weeks.
I was trying hard to finish repairings of house for the winter, same time start yogaschool. Neither is succeeding well, either weather is too bad to work outside or I get a flu, like now. For advertisement of yogaclasses I had not much money or time, so it was not good. Same time I had the pressure to thrive, become prosperious, get much work and good income and feel the importance of success and what fulfilment work can give.

And what I found, only 4 classes have enough people to come, not enough to feed a family. So I have to get along, what unemployed receives + those few classes.

When I started to overcome stress, I noticed these all expectation are created by my own mind and also from childhood rolemodels.
Actually, with fever classes I can focus on them better, give more quality on teaching, do not get tired with the work so easily and maybe I can try to find and give my peace/fulfilment familylife instead of working.

It may be that I will find myself happier with what life brings, than trying to achieve something, what is taught to be cool.

Quite often mind wants something, what heart and soul do not need, and after running mind's goals you find this was not what you really wanted. So, what BrotherMichael says about fulfilling life's purpose I agree, finding oneself fulfilling it is really what gives a tickle. What it gives is not compareble mind's wishes.

I live in quite odd situation. My incomes are poor, but I cannot say I live in lack of something. And like one friend put it, progress is not always building or expanding

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism