Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: The story of today.. Good and Bad Spirits - I Need guidance
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 am 

My experience in these matters are very limited, as I only woke up to "what is" a few months ago. In the beginning, there were occasions when I have felt a calling to go somewhere and declined (uncertainty - the thought "am I crazy??"), but tonight is by far the most intense experience to date. I can't deny that this is happening any more. The question now becomes - what exactly is this.

A few days ago I was shown a very clear picture of what my journey is right now.. Since coming upon this intense realization, I have devoted all of my waking time toward the goal. A goal that is already close to completion.

Always having a strong interest in nature, one of my favorite life experiences has been the beauty of a good thunderstorm. After working hard all day, making major progress, a surprise storm (all forecasts had no mention of rain) appeared a few miles away from my house. I watched it build, then come to where I am and intensify. The storm then seemed to stall right overhead, which allowed for an amazing lightning show that lasted almost two hours. While lying in the grass amazed by the best thunderstorm I've ever witnessed, I came to the realization that this storm was my gift for working so hard lately. Pretty cool.. confirmation that this is the right path. But the storm isn't the point - what comes next is.

My house is about 10 minutes from the spot I went to see the electric storm. After the show I began walking back, feeling great. Confident and almost powerful. On this walk I noticed that the wind was blowing kind of hard out of nowhere. After some time I looked around and noticed this only happening on the trees I was walking by. The theory was tested every which way (going backwards, running to random spots, etc..), and eventually I couldn't attribute the anomaly to coincidence any longer. Soon after, I reached a long driveway which is a dark path that would take me me through the woods and to my destination.. the house. No big deal though - I've walked this thing in the dark several times before.

As soon as my first foot casually stepped into the darkness, I heard a very loud hissing noise to my left. So loud and so close that I actually fell back, wanting to yell. The sound almost resembled a snake, but it couldn't have been because the thing sounded tall, if that makes any sense. While I stood at the edge of the path trying to figure this out, the wind intensified to the point of sending chills up my spine while I heard something animal-like grazing the edge of the darkness. This time the sound resembled a cat walking, but the steps were a little heavy for that. Having no choice (I'm not going to stay out there all night!), I motivated myself, got in a very confident mood, and ran down the driveway as quickly as possible. During this time, nothing out of the ordinary was noticed, probably because I was so focused directly in front on my running.

Puzzled about what happened and still doubting that recent events are anything out of the ordinary, I decided to walk into the center of my slightly lit 2-acre yard and look around. Upon reaching the point where I stopped, a gust of wind hit my face so hard that I had to close my eyes. All of the surrounding trees were still. This intense breeze continued for a few minutes as I stood there the entire time, noticing how everything around me remained quiet.

In the backyard I have a trail that goes through the woods about 1/4 mile down to a river area where like to go and meditate. This is where my "life journey" was presented to me a few days ago in a very weird way. But back to today... After a few minutes of standing in the yard with wind blowing in my face, eventually I scream "What do you want!?". Just then the wind moves away from me and to the trees signaling this trail. And again, only there. Still so curious, I decided to walk to the edge of the darkness where the path starts. Do I walk it? I don't know, the idea is seeing how I "feel" upon getting there. Well, all I feel is scared since the wind that had been whipping those trees around so intensely was now only at ground level, almost "sucking" me in to the path. I utter "no fucking way" and turn around to walk back. Just as my back turns, a bird (don't know what - kind of sounded like a crow) flies out of the nearest tree missing me by a few feet. I'm terrified. As I get further away from the trail, it sounds like a noise is now coming from the area. Is it people talking? These sound like words, but it's gibberish. I don't understand it - but maybe that's because I'm too far away. So I decide to go back to the path one final time. The closer I get, the more high pitched this sound becomes - to the point where it no longer sounds human. But the sound isn't any animal I've heard either. The "voice" is pretty far into the woods though, about half way between where I am and the stream.

As soon as I got close (I'm still not walking the trail, just standing at the edge of the very beginning), the voice stops. I hadn't noticed until now that the wind had gone away, but I only notice this now because upon stopping it immediately becomes intense again, and again, focused on where I'm standing almost "pushing" me in. Enough is enough and I run inside my house to the computer, right here, right now.

My question is - what I do make of all this? Something is obviously seeking me out, but is it good or bad? Do I follow? Avoid it? At first I considered only positive things since today was a good one and I was being led to the spot where my current journey began. Then again, after experiencing all of this, my body is terrified. I don't know if it's because of the unknown or something else, but this is truly my first major experience with such a phenomenon. Color me a believer but still somewhat skeptic until now. Like I said at the start, this stuff is all very new. So in the future, how do I respond? Because I have no doubt that something similar will happen again. This is the 3rd encounter, and each one has been more obvious or "real" than the last.

Last edited by Edd Nigma on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The story of today.. Good and Bad Spirits - I Need guida
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 am 

One more thing although I don't know how relevant this is.. on 4 occasions throughout the night there was a brief but sharp pain in my right ear. Each time this preceded something "out of the ordinary".

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:58 pm 

Its a good story for a chilling read thanks.
I would recommend you make contact with the great spirit,& holy ghost.
As we dont talk much of spirit in modern everyday life,spirit phenomenas leave many of us numbstruck and scared of being alone in nature.
By contact i mean going into a trance and merge with the spirit,ask it to be your friend,let it know that you are not afraid of it and spirit will work with you.
Be brave.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:54 pm 

Fear...

Fear is a necessary tool of survival, a trait that serves man well even today. In your story, I hear a lot about the fear. This is natural. This it healthy. Anyone experiencing something like this for the first time should feel fear. Even those who are familiar should remember the fear and proceed with caution.

But...

Fear can also hamper growth. Fear can prevent us from moving from a place of relative safety and contentment, through the trials of life that provide the means of learning, to reach another place.

What is fear?

Fear is an emotion, a reaction to perceived danger or something unknown that we perceive as potentially dangerous. More than that, it is a tool. Actors learn to use the fear, channeling the energy into their performance. Athletes, learn to use the fear to boost performance. Who is more brave, the man with no fear who faces death or the man who trembles and shakes but faces that fear, rises above it and overcomes.

My suggestion, look to your reaction. Why did you fear? What did you fear? Was the fear productive? Did you use the fear or did the fear use you? None of these questions should be a judgment against you. They are nothing more than you evaluating your reaction.

Once you understand the fear response, review the event without the fear present. Remove the ego, the self, from the equation and see the events as a camera, or an audience in a theater. See the events separately and individually. Then as a whole and in various combinations that make sense to you.

Not all spirits are helpful. Some are playful and mischievous. Others are malicious. That is part of the duty of a shaman, to negotiate and treat with the spirits, allying with helpful ones to help minimize the damage caused by the playful and mischievous ones, and keeping the dangerous ones away.

Which did you encounter?

That is a question that's difficult to answer without having been present. You provide enough information, but a spirit with a message determines how to present that message. Just because a message is delivered with force or aggressively, isn't necessarily a sign of a malicious spirit. It could just be a prankster. It could even be an ally spirit trying to prepare you for a task by forcing you to confront fears.

In the end, the only way to find out for sure, is the negotiate with the spirit, offering energy. If things get worse or there is a malevolent feel that grows more certain, then you have your answer. But use caution.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:56 pm 

Strmraven's insight is great!

Fears is needed for survival, to avoid too dangerous situations, but fear is obstacle to clear thinking, feeling and acting.

Even the "evil" or michevous, dangerous can be allied, worked with safely if you learn to cope or work with them properly. I think, you have met one entity, which wants to get your attention. I do not see any reasons to avoid it. But never do anything from fearful mood. Things can get under your skin then. It is crucial to meet those entities at strong and confident manner. Then just be with them, have fun and if thay want something from you, start bargaining or just say no way. Listening them do not usually hurt. But it is your choice, what decicions you make. Never blaim spirits. Be responsible.

Do you already have spirit allies of your own? I f you do, ask them if it is safe to meet the entity. If you do not already have it, there is other tools, like tarot and so on to get aswer, if you can really use them. (get into meditative trance, form your question, and let your hands pick the cards without conscious thinking. Then during trance state use your intuition to interpret the meanings)

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism