Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: St Elmo's fire and the Owelman
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:58 pm 

The Owelman is something which has appeared in Cornwall a number of times. The church upon which it was seen is built upon a ley line so it seems, it appears as a large creature half man and half owel.
Whilst it was sighted there were also a lot of UFO sightings and poltergeist activity in the area.
The mothman flies around the church just as St Elmo's fire does (a scientifically explained phonomena which is the result of air ions - very similar to lighting), the elmo's fire also makes a similar noise to that of the owel man, so I'm speculating that they are one and the same, maybe the fact that the church was on a ley line enables people to see the true nature of st elmo's fire, namely a half man and half owel creature.
I'm aware that in shamanism it's possible to see nature spirits which appear just as trees in our dimention, so might it be the case that the energy within the elmo's light is it fact consciouss... if so then why?
Might it be that we were albe to see another side of the lightning simply because the ley lines altered our perception of reality?

or were we just imagining it and not seeing anything true at all? And why would lightning appear to us as a owelman, it seems a bit random to be . But then again, trees appear to us as fairies etc so I guess it's not out of possibility.

this stuff is just so fascinating :)

I'd like to now your views

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:59 pm 

The dimention in which fairies inhabit seems to be very close to our own, they almost seem to partially share the same material as us, but can move about in a different way.
If we say that fairies are trees and flowers in this world, but spirits in another world, then we are obviously refering to the same thing so to peak, but just from a different perspective of reality.
Whereas some spirits almost definatly seem to inhabit a dimention which is entirely seperate from our own, would the knowledge of people here seem to justify this?

When I say fairies, it seems that some are closer to our reality than others. The ancient Celts talked of fairies which are very similar to modern day aliens in charicter, I feel that the word 'fairy' can be used to describe a lot of different otherworldly things, some closer to our reality and range of seeing than others.

kind regards

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism