Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Spirit Meetings
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:38 am 

Hello @all!

Often I remember the people I'm teaching to sit together with their spirits before they do any action in the otherworlds. I do that because of the following reasons:

- in discussions with own spirits, the Ego of the shamanic traveller can be questionned: is it only my wish to act in this or that way or are there other thoughts I should consider?
- are there any hints of the spirits?
- maybe I get some tools for my work?
- who of my spirits will come with me?
- talking about the plan, the strategy how to solve a problem

I'm sure, there are more good reasons always to ask the spirits before taking actions.

This time, I just went along to my spirits, sat there and we diskussed general things. I heard a drumming, trembling the ground and giving power: "Stay on your way".

How do you discuss your work with your spirits?

*smile*
Wanderer

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:52 pm 

I am yet a beginner and I concurr.

After the preliminary calling and purification rituals, in drum-induced journeys I always enter alone by sliding backwards through an opening within the back of my head that salvinorin taught me. This takes me into a stone chamber where my companions await. Day Weaver and True Feather are always present, and the rest not so consistently. They always know what I come for so there is no explanation needed, but sometimes I voice my intent anyway. Either way, we talk it over and I allow them to initiate the rest.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:20 pm 

Before I do any work, I open sacred space and give thanks to Earth and the mountains. Everything we are, everything we have comes from the Earth. The "tools" I work with are stones, and represent the Holy Mountains where the ancient wisdoms are kept. This is where my knowledge comes from; this is where my Guides reside. And so I give thanks, first and foremost, as it is they who do the work through me.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism