Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: spirit guides and christianity
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 pm 

I heard in an article somewhere that a man converted to Christianity, but when he did so, his spirit guides turned out to be evil; he had previously joined many religions, although he sais that the spirit guides turning against him when joining christianity, show that they are evil and want to drive him away from the 'one' religion.
What are your views on this? Has a shaman converted to christianity and not had his spirit guides turn on him?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 pm 

I have heard of this many times...It's just dogma and ignorance intended to frighten people away from their path. Scare tactics have been used by religions all over the world for thousands of years, with a lot of success I might add. Religious extremists will go to any extent to convince someone, not of their faith, to "see" their evil ways and follow that persons religion. In my core beliefs I am still a Christian. I have just chosen to accept my calling as a shamanic practitioner and in doing so I have received much criticism and condemnation from those who believe in the new testament and nothing else. It literally comes down to this one phrase "if it aint in the Bible, it must be false or evil".
Accepting my calling as a shaman has led me to see through those who blindly follow a religion. By seeing their true nature and short comings, I have come to pity them. I feel sorry that they cannot feel and see as we do...That they have lost a true connection to spirit and accept someone else's view of it. As shamans we have the privilege to have direct contact with our helping spirits/power animals, something that religious extremists do not. We can go and seek advice/wisdom directly from the source!

We as shamans, also have the honor of improving peoples health and well being...How could this be considered evil?

My friend... By even allowing yourself to question this topic, you are allowing these people/articles to get under your skin...Consequently it sways you from that which you know and is exactly what this type of propaganda is meant to accomplish!

Stay your course, walk with spirit...Go in peace.

walkthepath

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 am 

Very well said, walkthepath.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:18 pm 

Agree with Walkthepath, for the longest time, certain elements of Christianity have sought to demonise anything which doesn't fit the recognised and accepted biblical version of spirituality. However, we all have free will so its really up to the individual to use that.

It's worth noting though that not all Christians are like this. A local vicar and I have some wonderful chats about our similarities rather than differences. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm 

Indeed, hope people could read more about saint Francis of Assisi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 pm 

When you are born, you possess three things, your primordial spirit, your assistant spirit, and your carbon-based life form. At this point you do not possess anything else. Your assistant spirit will guide you to knowledge, we can be a somewhat stubborn species. Some will listen to their assistant quite easily, others will fight it. Religion wants you to renounce your assistant spirit, and accept their assistant spirit as your own, by doing so, you will forever be led away from the truth. Religion is based on the kingdom of death, it is the covenant of their cult. If you accept their assistant spirit as your own, you will accept death, and you will do this willingly.

Your assistant spirit is not all knowing, if it were, it would be the creator itself. Religions will tell you that their assistant spirit is the creator, if this were true, the world would not be in the current state it is in. Your assistant spirit will guide you to knowledge, perhaps this guiding is a simple expansion of their knowledge and yours as well, to carry on the work, sort of speak. It is a contract, a covenant if you will, that you entered into before you were born. Some honor the contract, others do not, but that's life and its obstacles.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:03 am 

All is in God. As are we and the 'assistant spirit' guide that accompanies each of us. Introspection is the quickest path to Truth. Written religions are for those who prefer reading the words of men.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:35 am 

NgangaVentana wrote:
All is in God. As are we and the 'assistant spirit' guide that accompanies each of us. Introspection is the quickest path to Truth. Written religions are for those who prefer reading the words of men.

Wow! Great words. I also like "church is where you find all the people who are asleep."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:59 pm 

IMHO those who are religious, that is the path they have chosen, and some do it very well. All the words of the Bible can be summed up into "Love yourself, and love your neighbor".( That's all Jesus talked about.) Now that is not a bad thing.Should say New Testament..........

This was my background. Lived the 10 commandments. Were a happy family. But I wasn't satisfied, always looked for more. When I graduated and moved to a big city, I went to 3 diff. churches every Sunday. Still I looked..........

When I got disabled, I found a Shaman Teacher and we became friends. What I found was that it was in me the whole time! I'd been different since I could remember, knew things I shouldn't have been able..........etc.,etc.. I just had to stop life long enough to use it again. I didn't know there was a name for things that came natural to me!

At first my family didn't like it. If I started talking about experiences they walked away.. Now they listen. Do I want them to change? No?! They are good people and that is their path. That makes it the right path for them. But they give me the respect now, and realize I may not be so religious but I am more Spiritual than I have ever been!!!!!!!!!!!

Worry not about other's, just what you put in front of yourself. In time they will see your improvement and realize this is right for you. Whatever you choose, whenever you choose it.

Of course this is imho............. :roll:

Post subject: Re: spirit guides and christianity
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:36 pm 

I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect to Christians, but much of what causes spiritual dis-ease comes from beliefs such as those spread through Christianity.

The very belief that good and evil exist at all causes us to manifest punishment for ourselves and close of the parts of us that we believe to be evil. Sexuality is a prime example. So is the belief that being spiritually powerful is evil. These beliefs are no more than social and mental constructs, and only serve to harm.

Most of what I do is clear people of energies that judge aspects of their existence, and help them recognize how not to get let them back in.

I find it amazing that they fell back into the morality trap. I am not surprised their spirits did not want to help them promote those problems.

Again, I have no qualm with Christians, but it simply is not helpful.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:17 pm 

From my shaman experience, I know others are different. There are only good and evil, black and white. Traveling to the spirit side, I've seen the place similar to hell. Hell is not any different from the grocery store down the road to me; I go there and see people tortured, big deal. I've been to the place where souls are lost to retrieve stolen and lost soul. I've traveled to many heaven realms or levels including the one that Jesus live inside those huge gold gate. I am beginning to suspect much of the bible may have come from shaman, either this or I'm not a shaman. My shaman people has verified the hell they saw being very similar to the one I saw. Some of us shaman's sole purpose is to aid the creator, making us an agent of the creator. This kind of shaman only accept the light, the power from above, we do not practice earth magic, we do not like dark magic and we follow the rules set by the creator which is the ten commandment. We cannot share food and we cannot eat left over. I can't eat pig nor goat. I can do the same thing the shaman that practice earth magic do, plus I get the power from above channel through me, because without the power your chant is weak. It is more powerful because it is directly from the source. Right, I did not learn any of these things, I just do it instantly and has verified much of it is real meaning that people got healed and things set in motion. All for the good of humanity.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm 

I agree that it is probably just a scare tactic. Then again, maybe the guy just happened to start having a bad time around the time of his conversion which led him to believe this. Who knows, but the bible doesn't speak of such things.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:01 pm 

Hi all, I enjoyed reading the posts here.
I myself was born into Catholic unbringing, but through the twists and turns of life I now walk on the shamanic path. Although Jesus, the teacher-healer, still has a special place in my heart and on my altar. I consider him to be a shaman in many ways. I post a link here to an article written by a Priest, Rev. Wanda, entitled "Christ the Shaman", you may find it interesting.
http://www.spiritdrum.org/Pages/SHealin ... aman_I.pdf

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:13 am 

I think that people tend to make these claims about all religions. There are Hindu's and Muslim's who claim that they too were bound by evil spirits when they finally converted to the "one" true religion. And sometimes Muslims and Hindus will convert to Christianity and make the same claims, or vice-versa. It seem rather ridiculous to me.
My belief is that any religion that has to scare the wits out of people with the possibility of spending an eternity in hell and torment is actually the evil religion and must have many evil spirits residing within the walls of its temples and churches.
I haven't found threats of hell in shamanism. Not even sure what happens to evil people when they die. Some shamans believe in reincarnation, others believe that evil people will go through a period of being taught in the ways of good after they die, and still others believe that they will just be one of the many evil spirits that haunt people on this planet or another planet. But if you really think about it, why does there need to be an eternal torment somewhere in the afterlife for something someone did on planet earth in the 80 short years that they lived here? That really makes no sense when one thinks about it.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:45 am 

I am one whom is NOT relgious...I am a true follower of Christ...I have a past where I was involved in the new age....readings...vissions shaman/medicne man...you name it...I am also native american....I have loved our Father in heaven since I was a very young girl and I can't even tell you how I knew of Him because no one in our family spoke of God (except when they were cursing) I traveld down the new age path and trust me it IS a lie straight from hell...and YES I have heard of 'supposed' spirit guides (other wise known as demonic demons) turning on people...Not all have had this experience though. You MUST remember that satan comes as an angel of light....The feeling you are having concerning this issue is the Holy Spirit trying to save your soul. I have amazing stories of what I have experienced and yes there are powers you can gain from the dark side and there is an alluring spirit attached to ALL of this stuff...and ohhhh it can feel good alright and it can feel so sweet and uggggg ....It's a lie. I use to do radio shows around the world and I met ALL sorts! lol..This is not the path that will bring you to heaven and yeah shamans can heal...Satan loves to impress people in order to draw them in. Guess what? Jesus can heal through you as well!! If your interested in TRULY helping others then do it through the true light of God and NOT through satan! Your heart is troubled for a reason...this is called 'conviction through the Holy Spirit' whom is trying to reach out for you...I heard all the same stories "OH relgion relgion religion..they try to controll you with fear' and blah blah blah...I fell for that line once too...and now that I have turned away from ALL that I have a peace that the bible says you will have when you abide in Him. Peace beyond human understanding...but I won't lie to you and tell you that once you follow God that your life is perfect...that would be a lie..but in the imperfection of life you will indeed have peace. That is a promise of God. You will never fully have peace when you are not abiding in Him. But there are those that because of their firm decision in their hearts to deny God and follow God their conscience has been seared meaning they will never find truth nor with truth ever find them! This is what happens when a person relentlessly disregards Abba Father. Yes He is love but He also is just and He does not force anyone to follow Him and it is not He whom sends us to hell it is our own hearts that makes that decision. God says, "Choose this day whom you will serve"
I fully understand the draw of these spiritual things but I can not express enough how evil all the new age and shaman/spirit guides is...We all have angels but we are also constantly attacked by evil spirits/guides trying to decieve us. And they allways use that line "oh its just 'religion' trying to scare you" It's quite the opposite! Trust me. Ask your self this question...if Christians have angels and new agers have spirit guides and if Jesus can heal through you and satan/spirit guides can heal through you as well then why is it that you are more drawn to the evil side of things? It is because we all live in a fallen world and evil opresses us all...As long as we have flesh on our bones we will have a constant war between good and evil. Fair? Perhaps not. But true? Yes it is true. Tell me this also...why is it that if you were at a party and there were muslims or sikh's or buddhism or hindu or new agers and if they spoke at this party about their beliefs everyone would say, "oh wow! Great! Cool" and pat them on the back..but if they said the name "Jesus" it would SPLIT THE ROOM!!! Just ask your self why! Jesus said, "I AM the truth the way and the life" He did NOT say, "I am 'a' truth and a way and life" I hope this helps someone out there...
Lots of love and many Blessings

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism