Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Spirit Animal Question
 Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 am 

Hello I have a question about my spirit animal. For the longest time Ive had a strong felling that I have a fox spirit in me. I don't remember if Ive ever seen it, but its like a presence in me that is so strong that sometimes I feel like its trying to tell me something, almost like a gut feeling but different and stronger. Has anyone ever heard something like this before and how would i go about communicating with my spirit if that's what it really is?

Post subject: Re: Spirit Animal Question
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:34 pm 

Hi Kengo,
Congratulations,you have found your spirit helper!
Although,it is possible that the fox spirit is an aspect of you,that is trying to emerge and express itself in your life,from the way you describe it,it feels more then that-it seems like a strong presence that has a life of its own.In other words,it sounds like you are becoming increasingly aware of a spirit helper, that has been with you for a long time.This is good news.It is good to be conscious of your helpers.
I suggest that you draw a picture of this fox.You don`t have to be an artist
to do it.Next to the picture,write words that describe the nature of this fox,for
example:wise,quick ,soft,etc...Put the picture next to your bed before you go to sleep,invite the fox to your dreams.Tell him to wake you up after the dreaming of him,or just stay in bed a while in the morning and remember your dreams.Write down the first thoughts, which come to your mind,next to the fox picture.Continue this practice for a few nights.
Practice.Assume the body posture of the fox and move.How does it feel?
Go in Peace.
email:sagedreamscanada@yahoo.ca

Last edited by oracledreamhealer on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:11 pm 

I wonder if anyone can tell me if you have a pack of helpers?? I have been getting rid of things learned, and starting over with a blank slate. I always kept a log of my dreams because they were so extreme. I never knew anything about shamanism (or that other people just experience things like me too) until recently. But there has been a pack of wolves in many of my dreams for years. I watch them as they move through a story of events which turns out to be a warning or a prediction if people involved won't listen to the warning. Lately, they've tried to get my attention in junk dreams - just watching and waiting. But I'm new and don't know how to go as it wasn't really lucid.
Does anyone have a pack or more than one helper at a time?
I really like those wolves.
Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:37 am 

Amazonian shamans, such as those of the Shuar, were known to have many spirit helpers. "Totem" animal spirits are considered by many shamans to be, rather than single animals, the essence of the entire kind or species, so it's possible for a "totem" to manifest as several animals rather than one.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:10 am 

The spirit world pretty much shapes itself to fit your beliefs (at least it seems so. the reality is consistent but most can't access it at the moment).

Want to have two power animals at once? Bet you can. Do you? I don't know, really.

"Power animals" are kind of a white people belief anyway. In truth they are not animal *souls*, but are spirits. Had white people not decided to believe in them, I think spirit would not be making them.

What you encounter, spirit-wise, has more to do with you and what your soul is like than any "divine truth". Spirits are energy. Words are energy. You can talk with the spirit of a word.

Much of that may be illusion created by spirit(s), but that's a whole other story.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:13 am 

Thank you both Snowy and ResonantD. It seems that truth is anyone's guess sometimes. But you've given me some things to look into. Whatever the wolves are, I'm glad for them. Thank you for helping me gain some insight.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:25 pm 

Quote:
The spirit world pretty much shapes itself to fit your beliefs (at least it seems so. the reality is consistent but most can't access it at the moment).

Want to have two power animals at once? Bet you can. Do you? I don't know, really.

"Power animals" are kind of a white people belief anyway. In truth they are not animal *souls*, but are spirits. Had white people not decided to believe in them, I think spirit would not be making them.

What you're describing is a thought-form, a psychic energy entity formed from a concentrated thought or belief. There is a very significant difference between an actual spirit and a thought-form; nature spirits are primal forces of the Earth that have existed long before humans.

Totem animals, of course, are nature spirits. They are recognized by a great number of shamanistic cultures, including those of Europe, North America, South America, and Australia. They are a part of the spiritual makeup of the natural world, independent of any human culture or society.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism