Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: some sensible advice please
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm 

... what the f... is going on with me? and who the f... is torturing me? I've had enough of the sickness bit ... how do I move onto the next bit, whatever that bit is? A tortured Womble is in need of assistance xxx

Post subject: Re: some sensible advice please
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am 

I think I know what you mean.....but not completely sure. Are you practicing shamanism and being attacked by spirits? other shamans? Not sure what exactly is going on.
I have had experiences in shamanism in which I have suffered physically. About a year ago I did some healing work with a practicing shaman in Colorad Springs. I ended up deathly sick for about two weeks. I recovered from the sickness and lo and behold I hurt my hand a couple of days later. This was about a year ago and my hand still will not heal. I am a writer and a boxer. Because of this hand injury I have suffered great pain. I quit boxing and can only write for two hours a day and still the pain is a "pain". I don't understand it all. I do know that the emotional and spiritual healing that I experienced was profound, but why the physical wounds?
Now I know someone is going to get on here and express to me and everyone else that "sometimes it is the physical pain that brings about the spiritual good", or something to that effect. But I disagree. When someone goes to a shaman to find healing, that is what they should find. I can't even play my guitar anymore.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:22 pm 

Womble wrote:
... what the f... is going on with me? and who the f... is torturing me? I've had enough of the sickness bit ... how do I move onto the next bit, whatever that bit is? A tortured Womble is in need of assistance xxx

Not sure if you're expecting some "psychic" here to see past your ambiguity there and wipe your ass for you, but all I can see is darkness and a lot of self sabotage and blocking of responsibility, which anybody could glean from your post's text alone. Could you elaborate please so we could know what you're really seeking?

~Owl

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:53 pm 

Am desperate to get some straight forward, sensible advice from a 'normal' person, regarding wether or not I'm going through a shamanic crisis as opposed to a regular spiritual crisis (which is what I have been going through for 6 months now). Please no crap about wolf or bear. I don't know why I'm bothering with a site like this, full of nut jobs, but hey ... the things you do when your desperate.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 am 

I've been through both types of crisis, but I only knew it was a shamanic crisis when it ended with shamanic experience. if you're going through a depression/mania or have been doing too much meth or lsd I'd suggest professional help.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:02 am 

Womble wrote:
Am desperate to get some straight forward, sensible advice from a 'normal' person, regarding wether or not I'm going through a shamanic crisis as opposed to a regular spiritual crisis (which is what I have been going through for 6 months now). Please no crap about wolf or bear. I don't know why I'm bothering with a site like this, full of nut jobs, but hey ... the things you do when your desperate.

Thanx for your support.
I don't care if you want advice or not. Any 'normal' or 'reasonable' person here would be turned off to the idea by your white-washing us all as "nut jobs". Now I'm not arguing that there are some very questionable advice givers around. But that's true anywhere. Take the time to develop a good B.S. filter and PM the one(s) you sense are the real deal to avoid confusion. Otherwise you could try somewhere else, or, cut the crap and tell us what you are specifically experiencing and see what really happens.

~Owl

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm 

If you are a real Womble, you'll be living in Wimbledon, which is just a few train stops away from me.

I doubt that it's a shamanic crisis - we'd need to know a lot more though. And I doubt very much that you are cursed in spite of you suggesting that someone is torturing you - as I don't think there are so many people in South London who are effective cursers. I don't rule it out though. I know a lot about curses. It kept coming up again and again through my apprenticeship in Tuva.

If it is a shamanic crisis, or if you are cursed, there are things which can be done, but a forum is not the right place to deal with it.

Most people who know me don't think I'm a "nut" - what do people say about you, Womble?

All the best,

Mackenzie Blyth

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism