Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Some documentation on my Condor-Dances
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:50 pm 

In order to show how I myself am shamanizing and due to the fact that the Condor herself actually wants this:

Some days ago I actualized some regions of my own website - within this updates I did one thing I was not thinking of the last 10 years or so: I published the last three documented Condor-dancers I did since 2006. Here they come:

The Condordances since 2006

The last one on July 7th was recorded and a short Film resultet from these recordings.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:14 am 

howdy Apu Kuntur!
that was dramatic! i enjoyed the video greatly, but the sense of spirit off the night pictures was strongest. and how beautiful those pictures are.

what is the inspiration for your dancing Condor? how did you come by the feathers to make your dance costume? what do you accomplish with your dances?

here in the US it's illegal for non-Native Americans to possess any feathers from non-game or non-domestic birds. so if Spirit or our friends gift us with any we're often rather closed mouth about it. but i have encountered the energy of just a few vulture feathers. and i've worn before an entire coyote skin. both of which were extremely heady. i can only imagine how overcome with Condor' spirit you feel in that attire.

thank you for sharing that. it was way cool.
:wink:

frith and bliss,
Crowfuzz

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:20 am 

Quote:
what is the inspiration for your dancing Condor? how did you come by the feathers to make your dance costume? what do you accomplish with your dances?

Well, as far as I know I am the last/single Condordancer at the moment. The Condor is my lifelong-totem-spirit (poweranimal in fss-terminology), the dance is done in trance, so each dance is unique in its scope and goals. The feathers were a gift from a falcon-master who possessed three andean Condors. There are 127 moulted feathers assembled in the costumes wings and tail. The falconer collected them over more then 20 years. In 92 Condor gave me clear instructions on how to assemble the feathers and all into a dancing costume. It was in 96 when I was given the feathers, it took me two years creating the costume. I had to find some solutions, fitting the feathers together. "feather-weight" is a term I coined new during that time. A primary feather of three feet length is not as lightweighted, you can guess.

On 10th. September I did another Dance, this time with a different goal: to reach the people watching it by TV, Youtube and so on. Part of this dance is going to appear on a documentary film about the (californian) condor, which can be seen all over the world sometimes next year I think.. - the link above leads you to the newest images of this dance. Especially the Panorama of the clouds is highly interesting.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:04 pm 

A short update to the dance of 10th. September: the complete film is going online on my Website within the next two weeks. Currently the final audio-mixing is taking place (after two months ...) - the long version is 14 minutes, the Youtube-Version around 10 minutes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:30 pm 

Quote:
The feathers were a gift from a falcon-master who possessed three andean Condors.

Gratefully, I am receiving feathers from 9 Eagles,
Mexican Eagles Image

and Golden Eagles

Has anyone seen a sacred dance for or with the eagle?
Eagle is my totem animal.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:20 pm 

Well, the Natives in North America do Eagle-Dances, but there is no trance there and the movements are prescribed. I have seen ancient documentaries of an Hopi-Eagle dance and contemporary ones: the movements are the same, so it is a dance with a meaning but nothing with trance. Other Eagle-dances are similar in their scope.

The problem is - as I mentioned on my Website - to find one Eagle-Dancer who is capable of doing a trance-work like this for a longer time. In order to keep shape I have a daily training program for shoulders and updomen. It is certainly not an easy task to keep up a full-blown trance when your muscles are aching after three minutes or so. My last dance went on for more then 20 minutes of continually movements, wings flapping and all that. Without training you end up with hanging wings after - at best - three or so minutes. The Eagle-Dancers I saw seldom danced longer then 5 Minutes.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:54 am 

Every day learning - what an awe!

Thank you!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:39 am 

Wow! Apu Kuntur-----these are fantastic.

I thought the pictures were great, but then to see it in action on the video---it literally takes you back to the high mountains of the Andes, performing some sacred rite for the benefit of the village... Truly amazing. And it is really cool to see you get the recognition you deserve.

It is amazing how the spirit works to provide for you the feathers, the knowledge of the costume, etc. etc.----I have to show this to my wife----her totem is the eagle.

Mountain Valley Wolf

Post subject: Re: Some documentation on my Condor-Dances
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 am 

Two weeks ago I updated the Website, now including four more Condordances, done since 2010.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:21 am 

Thank you for sharing what you do with us. I watched one of your videos and the energy you put off is beyond words.

What is the medicine of the Condor?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 am 

Being at awe, while watching newest video.

I may be a bit sensitive, but anyways was taken with drumming, singing and yor movements. To trance. For me the meaning of ritual appeared as the condor eagle itself, manifestation of the spirit (or god, if spirit is synonymous to god).

During watching, at own trance, I felt something to lift off and start dancing along - not flying. So, it became to me to ask a question myself, what is my own way to manifest spirit or god. By watching my own spirit's dance and move, some of the aswer was seen. Not easy anyways.

Did you have own band, record or where the sounds were from? Worked for me absolutely!

Fan of your website

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:33 am 

The Music was performed live at each of the two dances in Wörschach. The performers are "Voice-Shamans", working with their voice as important tool.

I do not know what is meant by "Medicine of the Condor" - I am not used to this terminology. What exactly do you mean with medicine?

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:49 pm 

Apu Kuntur wrote:
The Music was performed live at each of the two dances in Wörschach. The performers are "Voice-Shamans", working with their voice as important tool.

I do not know what is meant by "Medicine of the Condor" - I am not used to this terminology. What exactly do you mean with medicine?

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

By "medicine" I mean what healing aspects does the Condor bring to us?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:44 pm 

Sorry that I did not understand this term - maybe my description of various aspects of Apu Kuntur (which is in fact the "name" of the spirit that manifests herself during the dance) is that what you are referring to.

http://www.kondor.de/condor/condordance.html

Here you can read some informations. The Condor Spirit has something to do with Thunderstorms, Mountains, our Ancestors and Leadership. This Spirit is also a messenger of the gods, a messenger of Death and Transformation.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 pm 

I should have looked deeper into your site as well. :) Reading about the Condor dance now.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism