Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: so, what are you doing with it?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:45 pm 

your shamanism that is. what are you doing with it? what kinds of change are you seeking to bring about? are you active in healing work? are you ferreting out those who harm others? are you working for the environment or to strengthen our animal friends? how about war and peace? anyone here working for either of those? what else? what are all you good folks here to read and hopefully to talk about shamanism doing with it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:15 am 

Obivously no one is doing anything with it - so I make a start with it (encouraging the others).

My life is shamanism and magic. When I was called by the spirits in the late 80's they put me into death-state for more then 6 hours. A seven years long phase of initiations and tests began. After 1995, when the phase ended, my life was totally emerged in shamanic lifestyle and thinking.

Today I am healing clients their shattered souls, driving away malevolent spirits, occasionally I have to exorcise them before actually dealing with them, I am doing some dowsing (european "feng shui") and magic. My calling however is Spellsinging and dancing. At the moment I am the last known living Condordancer and Vultureshaman in todays world (I never believed that myself, but evidences are clearly pointing into that direction). My calling is to bring into material world the immense transformatory power, symbolized by the Andean Condor - and so I dance everywhere and anytime the Spirit of Condor is directing me to do this dance. I am here to open the eyes of those who want their eyes opened to the spiritual worlds and I am showing even total newbies that magic actually works, occasionally. Thus I am a kind of "development aid volunteer" in spiritual issues, not enforcing my own truth but showing the interested their own way to their own truth about themselves and their place in the cosmos.

Of course I am not that peaceful person, strolling around and throwing pink roses around. Sometimes I have to fight for what I am doing, as an enemy I am extremely nasty.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 am 

I seek to heal all those that come and ask for a healing. Extraction, Soul retrieval, divination, spellwork, unbinding of spells, runechanting, energy work, psychopomp work, finding power animals, and much more.

I work with the Land as well and with Buildings. Cleaning up, setting things straight, bringing back the Sacred and re-establishing harmony.
I seek to work with the Nature spirits, Ancestors and 'Gods'. Trees, rocks, rivers, the animal kingdom. Honoring the Seasons and the Elements, the Directions and the Little Folk.

We also work with transmission into the next generations.

This is what I need to do and I cannot stop, with the risk of slowly going nuts and changing into a living dead :D I've felt this thing since early childhood. This is what I am. refusing is not an option.
I cannot refuse neither the call of the ancestors. So if I try tomove away from germanicness, they just grab me and pull me back; Likewise for the Celtic side of me (and Druidic). Tried to escape.it doesn't work. LOL :D

Post subject: Re: so, what are you doing with it?
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:10 pm 

I'll bite! :D

crowfuzz wrote:
your shamanism that is. what are you doing with it?

Well, I see clients at my home, I do distance work for most people that ask me on the net, and all the time I'm working to become generally a better, stronger, wiser, kinder person with it.

This was part of my pre-birth agreement, I have ancestors who were shamans who have come forward to me, and it's my whole life - personal considerations usually take second place.

Quote:
are you ferreting out those who harm others?

Yes, inasmuch as I often go to guides whose intentions I trust and ask them to point me at something that needs help I can give.

But not in a sense that I see/read something then get on their case, that would feel like I was in danger of overstepping the mark. I tried it once :) and was actually told as much! LOL

Quote:
are you working for the environment or to strengthen our animal friends?

I trained in Sandra Ingerman's Medicine for the Earth techniques and yes, I use those and other methods to work with environmental situations sometimes.

Quote:
how about war and peace? anyone here working for either of those? what else?

Peace mainly - I've done some work (distance healing) in Iraq, mainly for local spirits and none of it for actual humans as none have contacted me (though I'd be willing to try) and generally aiming to send healing to any areas where I am made aware that it would be welcome - eg I may see something on the news and check in to see if I can help, or I may be made aware of something in a journey.

Working on a more combative note - is something I;d rather not discuss. :wink:

Quote:
what are all you good folks here to read and hopefully to talk about shamanism doing with it?

I'm hoping to read about and talk to other people who are secure enough in their own practice to not have to rip other posters apart, or claim to be the all-knowing authority themselves, and the posts I've read so far have made me think this might be a good place for that (ignoring all the plastic shaman sh1t - I echo the poster who mentioned plastic was a gift, and it's an ireelevant concept IMO).

I'm also hoping I can contribute and learn from the posters here, and hear experiences that other people have had, and just generally hang out with some peers! :wink:

Post subject: Re: so, what are you doing with it?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:23 pm 

Hello Nova,
I think I know you from another forum (Dragon... if it's you over there of course), though we've never talked, I mainly lurk.

Quote:
I trained in Sandra Ingerman's Medicine for the Earth techniques and yes, I use those and other methods to work with environmental situations sometimes.

I did the same workshop last year in Italy. This year I also did Soul Retrieval with her (this time in France). She's a very good teacher and practitioner.

Quote:
I'm also hoping I can contribute and learn from the posters here, and hear experiences that other people have had, and just generally hang out with some peers! :wink:

This seems to be a good forum. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:02 pm 

I try to assist people in anyway Spirit directs me. When Spirit first chose me to work with them, I didn't get much warning. I would just find myself in an altered state of awareness and start what ever healing work I was called to do. This wasn't always a good thing if I was driving or in a board meeting at work. So it took some time to learn to walk in both worlds at once.

I do alot of healing work by distance on the net when asked. I would also like to share an experience I had. This is what I mean by Spirit directing me.
You may remember the hostage in Iraq. Margaret Hansen? Well, back then I was going into meditation and sending Reiki to her and one night I found myself in her cell (in Iraq!) I could see the terrible cell, smell the smells, I placed her head on my lap and one other time sat her against me while channelling Reiki. She was in terrible condition. The last night I went there, when I was approaching her, I heard the guards coming and I believe I shape shifted into Wolf. I bared my teeth, the fur on my back went up and I growled at them that I wasn’t done with her yet and continued on with the healing session. The next night I went back and I couldn't hone in on her ( I couldn't find her). I started flying around like EAGLE, scanning the area, but could not find her. The next day I found out that is when she was killed.
Then there were four men being held hostage in Iraq and the same thing happened to me. I found myself in my journey, right in their cell or where ever they are being held.
The four men sat together, unshaved and dirty. We all held hands and I started the Reiki flowing. Also my chakras, eyes etc. all sending out Reiki until there was a huge white bubble around us all. Then one at a time I put one hand on their foreheads and one on the back, nape of neck and sent Reiki. When I did each man, I sensed their state of mind. The first was terrified, the second man (older) said "God bless you....to me" the third man was very depressed (the fellow with the long hair in the news) and the fourth was almost comatose, like he has already given up hope.
I then wrapped a reiki gold blanket around each of them. I told them that if they pass over they can continue their work from another plain (being aid workers). I bowed and said Namaste to each of them....then all of the sudden my legs jerked so hard it actually hurt...I assume this was me returning to reality.
This is such a humbling feeling when this happens and I am so grateful that I am being chosen by spirit to do this type of work. (Although a little un-nerving at times.)
Blessings, Small Elk

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:25 pm 

Late Summer of 2006, a friend of mine and I suddenly got swept into the idea of opening a holistic educational facility. We talked it over between us a few times, and then all of a sudden, at a pace that left my head spinning, we had incorporated, bought a building :!: and were opening our facility.

We are open to offering anything that enriches the emotional, mental, physical, spiritual or collective "self" of people -- and after a year of running this facility, we are now hitting a bit of a stride. It has been an amazing year for me, THAT'S for sure! I have now begun to put into use and practice many of the things I have learned over the years. I still have a "day job" (otherwise, the mortgage payments on the building would be a bit problematic - lol), but I never seem to be as weary and drained as I would have once imagined I would have been, doing "both" these things. I have mostly learned the value of Community and have experienced, first hand, the principle of "Exchange" -- how giving forth also replenishes.

Crowtalker

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:55 pm 

Crowtalker,

That is fantastic! It is as if a door opened for you. Not really knowing you - I am still very glad for you. It as if you are symbol for the changes going on in the world. Your sense of deep joy shows through your words.

All,

As for the questions - in this topic.

Shamanism has taught me to walk lightly in the world. It has taught me how to move into the stillness before acting or speaking. It has taught me how to circle and use switchbacks, when stalking an energy. Shamanism has taught me many things about ceremony, focus, gentleness, and strength.

When I stand in my power and love, Shamanism is part of the energy surrounding me and flowing through me. When I walk with a foot in both worlds, there is a knowingness that becomes part of the environment. Things change.

That is how Shamanism is in my life.

Peace

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:53 am 

I have found that there are 3 of us within our ConsciousNest community (my husband came up with that name, The ConsciousNest, and it is indeed the perfect name for our facility!) that work with those who are making the passage from this life to the next. One of my roles in this life is to help people shed that which is dead and no longer useful to them, and sometimes people come to me, as they are making their crossings, to do this shedding before they move forward. I find that the ones who come to me understand that they have "dead issues" hanging on them and wish to relieve themselves of that.

The latest was a young boy, a teenager, who went to his school, started shooting at teachers and students (fortunately not killing anyone, and seriously wounding only one -- not life threatening wounds, but certainly physically incapacitating wounds requiring surgery and much physical therapy) and then turning the gun on himself, killing himself.

My day job office building is within 2 blocks of the school where this was happening, and as I followed the up-to-the-minute bulletins on the Internet (we could see all the police cars and the ambulaces that surrounded the school from our 25th floor windows), I felt this child searching for someone, actually a parent-figure, or someone who felt like that to him. I knew he had died well before the media confirmed it.

I comforted him, assured him that he did not kill anyone (that was a huge fear for him once he had reached me), and in general, I helped him get rid of a lot of baggage he had, fears he had. Then I sent him on to another person I know, who also works with the dead and who has strong "Father" energy. This boy had never had a father figure, and his older brother in this life was a criminal and bullied him, his mother and his twin sister. The last I saw of this child, my friend was taking him fishing in the Dreamtime -- showing him how to use the fishing equipment, and teaching him to fish. The last visual I had of the child was his smiling face.

Crowtalker

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism