Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Smudging and breathing
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:17 am 

Hi everybody :)

I need a little help smudging my body. I know how to smudge my heart, head, arms and the front of my body, but can anyone tell me how to smudge the back of my body?

Sun Bear is talking about the Earth´s song, which should appear when I am listening to my own heartbeat. Unfortunately I can’t hear my heart because of my breathing through my nose. How do I quiet my breathing?

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Smudging and breathing
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:17 am 

I just found these forums by accident today and this thread made me click the register link haha. Partially because it relates so much to an experience that recently happened to me, extremely recently. Last night in fact.

I won't go in to details of the night because they do seem a little off topic to the question, but I was attempting a meditation technique with breath control. The breathes I was taking were long, steady, and semi-heavy for a prolonged period of time. For a while I was wondering if I would black out (at the same time wondering if I was to black out maybe that would create a perfect state for travel). Eventually my breathing (remaining the same rhythm) faded in sound while other auditory sensations started to become more apparent. A rushing sound, some water sound, etc.. Random things, until I started to hear my heart beat. I heard it so loud and distinct it was deafening. This beat gave rise to the most immense vibrations I've ever felt (not just spiritually but physically too).

So I'd suggest try different methods of breath control, it could lead to the same end result.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:28 am 

I have been practicing several times a day, so now my breathing has started to fade and yet I still can’t hear my heartbeat. I have a very silent heart unless I’m out running. :lol:

I live in a place with very heavy traffic so maybe it would help if I took on some headphones?

Thanks for the advice, pashsanity :D

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:42 am 

Lynxwoman wrote:
I have been practicing several times a day, so now my breathing has started to fade and yet I still can’t hear my heartbeat. I have a very silent heart unless I’m out running. :lol:

I live in a place with very heavy traffic so maybe it would help if I took on some headphones?

Thanks for the advice, pashsanity :D

First of all get into nature whanever possible. Yes, headphones will help, but you are not 'connected' using them. When breathing through your nose keep it very slow, long, deep and fluid from inhale to exhale and inhale again.
The 'Stalking' breath works too. The same breathing I mentioned but through the opened mouth. The added benefit of the mouth remaing open is the increased sound perception of your hearing which will further the depth of your connection.

Owl

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism