Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Shamanic illness -- Will I fully recover?
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:41 am 

Like many, I suffered a long string of respiratory problems before an allergic reaction to Symbicort, which stopped my heart and left me in a coma for three days.

Upon awakening, I saw many creatures streaming past me, like I was in a zoo. One creature, with a head shaped like the square, generic logo, for Twitter, approached me very close. It had a small, childlike creature with it, and they looked at me curiously. I felt no malevolence whatsoever.

After leaving the hospital, I noticed that I could occasionally see through things. Everything, from the handle of a kitchen implement, to the bottom of a stainless steel saucepan (where I watched a spider crawl across the bottom), to my fingers through two inches of wood.

A deal friend of mine, who is into Huna Shamanism, introduced me to shamanism. I immediately felt like I had come home. There are no contradictions or inconsistencies with shamanism.

But my lung problem remains. My question is, will I every fully recover? What Can I do to help in my recovery?

Thanks in advance,
Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:44 am 

So far 16 people have viewed my question. No replies... *sigh*

I'd like to hear from people who have experienced the shamanic illness. What was your recovery like? Did you fully recover or do lingering problems remain?

Come on brothers and sisters, share your experience with me.

Thanks in advance,
Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 am 

Welcome Old Rivers

I suspect nobody's answered in part because nobody knows if you will recover fully or not. Some do; some don't. It also depends on how you define the word "recover".

To keep it very short, yes, I had one. The purpose of a shamanic illness is to bring you to the edge, to a place where you are quite simply forced to acknowledge spirit. I had a sciatica attack that went on for weeks of searing blinding pain. The doctors' pills and various interventions did nothing to stop it. Finally in complete desperation, I turned to a healer. He worked for two hours and the pain was gone. It has never returned, but I have nerve damage in my left leg and foot that has never disappeared. I accept the lingering discomfort as a part of my contract with spirit, literally every step a rather gentle reminder of that initial breakthrough...of what spirit had to put me through to get my attention. I would like it to go away - I've done a fair amount of work trying to make it go away, but it doesn't, and so I mostly accept it for what it is...a reminder of how stubbornly I had refused to look at the world of spirit before the illness forced me to.

But that's just me and my experience. Each of us is obviously unique. You will simply have to live through your healing process as it comes to you to discover the meaning of your illness and of your recovery. Have you journeyed to your guiding spirits to ask them if they can offer any suggestions? Have you asked them about the spiritual meaning of your illness? Perhaps they will be silent on the topic, maybe they will give you insights. It's hard to tell what they will come up with.

The one thing I can say is that the world of spirit is a fascinating place to explore. Be careful, be safe, but enjoy its richness as you move through the process - and finally, it doesn't hurt to honor the illness that brought you through the doorway into the world of spirit. Yes, honor it. Honor it as a gift...and accept whatever comes.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:12 pm 

Not much to add. My tale is quite similar as Cris's. I started to get better after surrendering, when I stopped to fight or find any cure. I need still take care and watch myself closely or symptoms come back.

I would recommend journeywork also to find ease to your pains.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:50 pm 

Hi, I also do not have much more to say. View it as a gift, and work with it and your teachers. I have a similar story in that I have to be very careful to look after myself and do what my feelings tell me I need to do, even if I do not feel like taking the time or to stop what I am doing right now. The sooner I connect with the need, the faster I can get back to life. Blessings, Tom.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:04 am 

Thanks everyone for those great replies! I no longer feel fearful about the future of my health.

It's also good to know that I'm not alone in my experiences. I expect my health to improve, now that I know how to relate to my illness and the recovery. I have a much better grasp on the purpose of the illness hanging around -- it is a reminder.

I will use your suggestions and never lose sight of your cautionings.

Anyone else wishing to post your experiences is very welcome to do so.

Thanks very, very much,
Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:00 pm 

Something to consider is the element of the constant where you live, Earth, and the constant of the place you receive information, visions and such.

As an example we live next to an ion on ion hydrogen implosion powered star. Everything that happens in our world comes from that process, which is our constant. When we get information from a location outside our solar system we also start to integrate conditional equations from the constant of that location.

Time is dictated by your heartbeat and the planet you live on and the altitude above mean level (sea level for us). Our "spiritual immunity" to the effects of another constant is at the mercy of the time differences of the two locations. If in your coma you picked up the alignment to allow you to see through things from a constant that is quicker than ours your body may be racing to adjust accordingly and making it seem that your healing is taking forever.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:01 pm 

Wow! Thank you for that incredible insight. Now I have that perspective to contemplate and meditate upon.

I am truly humbled by the wisdom offered by the respondents to my question.

Old Rivers

Post subject: Re: Shamanic illness -- Will I fully recover?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:05 pm 

Hey Old Rivers, I saw that you wrote that you have lung problems. You can check this
http://www.bioterapija.org/index_english.html

It is a bioenergy healing that is very effective to treat most illnesses. It is free and it can be done on distance and has the same effect as if done in live. It helped me a lot. I won't lie to you, it did not heal me fully, but it is more successful with healing physical problems. Note that this is nothing like reiki. I consider this bioenergy method very Shamanic.
This healing method cannot harm, but it can potentially only temporarily increase the symptoms of the illness for a short time. It did on me. On the third day of the therapy I felt I was going mad, but then after those crises passed in a week approximatelly I was feeling much better. I suggest that you consult with your power animals before arranging a therapy session and if the power animals agree that you should take this therapy, also consult with the bioenergy therapist Ivan Roca.
Here is how it works:

"The goal of our therapies is to lessen or entirely eliminate health problems, as well as to enrich one’s personality and make it more resistible. The bioenergy always tries to solve the primary problem, or the cause, which would otherwise make it impossible for the person to recover.

The body is an energetic system in constant energetic interaction with its environment. We all are sensitive to forces and energies surrounding and changing us. Our entire physical and mental bodies constantly supply themselves with this life energy, which makes the existence possible in the first place. This energetic filling comes from the Earth and from the Universe. The flow of this invisible energy makes life on this planet possible. The channels of this universal energy are called meridians, which are present in plants, animals and in the humans. The energy channels are located near the nerves. The following shows that the information and energy are transmitted outside the nerve just like in case of the SKIN effect. This explanation makes the processes of reviving damaged informative paths during our therapy more understandable.

A human consists of energy and substance. In between there is blood, which is a substance and energy at the same time. Because of the oxygen’s paramagnetic attributes, the blood functions as a transmitter of earthly and cosmic energy in the body. Inside the powerful magnetic field, the oxygen gets its characteristics. As a transmitter of higher level energies and parameters of earthly magnetic field, the oxygen inside the cell actively collaborates at transforming energy. All forces of the universe, including the force of human consciousness, in the range from the highest consciousness to the depths of subconsciousness, are the transformations of cosmic energy. On the basis of realising these natural truths, master Zdenko Domančić developed a method with which he and his followers have helped more than a million of ill people. During the years, he has been offered to participate in many researches in the field of sciences, especially medicine, and he responded to them all. Hereby he proved the efficiency of his method, especially on the most serious illnesses of today’s population.

The therapy is performed in a group, but on each patient individually, according to his condition or disease, and only on the basis of diagnosis set by the Official Medicine (the therapeutist does not set the diagnosis). The therapy is performed for four days running. If necessary, the cycle of four days can be repeated."

I wish you a speedy recovery and best wishes.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 pm 

More interesting stuff. I love it.

Lungs are also the bellows to one's fire or passion. Exercise your passion!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 pm 

Im sad to hear about your illness, but glad to hear about your recovery from coma. That revovery is indeed something to celebrate every day.

My story: Without illness I wouldn't have found my path. I had serious malaria when I was living in Africa as a young boy. It was then I understood the meaning of it. Now I see that the malaria I had for these four days was and still are the greatest blessing in my life.

Healing: I believe in our mother earth and her power to heal, and as far as I see, the best doctor are the nature itself, the fresh wind, the clear water, and the products given to us such as herbs and other plants. But (and this is a personal thought) its first when you accept death that you will fully recover. You should honor your spirit guide or guides and you should honor mother earth every day. Togheter with the acceptance of death, I believe that you will end your life in full health, looking to the stars or the beauty of nature with a saticfied smile upon your face.

Greetings / Nick

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm 

Ho Old rivers

First of all, sorry for my poor english, i'm dutch and live in the netherlands.
I think (my) language doesn't really matter, it's the things we read and post thats the interesting part.

My illness was not really an illness.
I was called from the age of four, and being a "good" boy i gave in to my family and turned away from all that "strange"stuff like seeing dead people and from knowing things. And like most gifts you don;t honnour, the knowing and seeing went away.

When i was 19 years of age, i had a motorcycle accident.
Broke most of my bones, several cracks i my skull and after a coma of 4 days, i died.
My hart stopped, my brain-funtions coudn't be read whith the machines and after a few minutes of reanimation the doctors fild in the deadcertificate. Meanwhile i was meeting al kinds of beings and creatures that talked to me about things that i didn't even think about before. I saw energy (a gift that stayed whith me afterwards) and i met familymembers which died centuries ago.
All that time i was hoovering above my body, and i couldn't get back in.
It was the certificate that made me mad, and the madness gave me the realisation that I had to fight. I got in my body again and much to the suprise of the doctors, i started living again.

Since that day, there's not one minute that i don't feel pain, mostly in knees and back. I to consider it as a gift, like it's a reminder that keeps me awake and i think it's a rather small price for being reminded that there is more to live than we see.
It is a very small price when i think about accepting the healing powers that i've got since that day.
For me it is like climbing a mountain, you will learn a lot on your way to your personal summit, when you reach your goal you will have an amazing vieuw (even when you see that there are still some mountains that are even higher). And while you are climbing and the days after, you will feel some musclepain.
My pain or as i like to call it: my discomfort made me softer, easier to be with and most of all the coma re-opend my spiritual channel.
The discomfort makes me realize the gifts spirit gave us all, i just had to experience my own dead to accept this gift.
So i use the pain to be aware of these gifts and i use my lifestory as an example in the teaching i do nowadays.

So Old Rivers, i don't know if you will fully recover.
And to be very blunt, i don't care.
Though i DO care, and i'm happy that you are looking for the reason and looking for healing.
My wish for you is that you will use the health problems that you meet to become a wiser and wider person.

Will you fully recover, i don't know. But i bid you to use it to fully recover your inner-spirit.

May the sun shine golden rays on your feet, while you are walking your path.

White Sun-wolf

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:52 pm 

White Sun, that was beautiful!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:15 pm 

Hi Old Rivers.
There are some real interesting and insightful posts here. Like some of the others I do not know if you will fully heal but it is possible that you will.
I will share part of my "illness-initiation"
Well more like injury-initiation. Some years back I was feeling the call of spirit but I choose to ignore it as I was caught in patterns of unconsciousness where I wanted to hide. Then one night I was involved in an accident, knocked unconscious and severely damaged my shoulder. Medical doctors could do nothing much but prescribe painkillers. Eventually I got myself to natural energy healer who could not heal me but gave me a sense of calm and well being that I had not experienced since childhood, this in itself gave me the incentive to look along the shamanic path along with guiding dreams. I visited more healers who were trying to help me become aware and accept that I was a healer myself. This I couldn't seem to do. Although all good healers, they could not fully help cure my shoulder as I was resisting but I did get some relieve and motivation.
I started to delve deeper into the shamanic world but there was always a resistance in me. One night while taking Ayahuasca with a highly skilled Ayahuasquero I started to see in to the nature of the injury. I was brought into a past life where I had incurred the same injury, I had to go into and release the trauma of that event. This gave me a lot of relief but not a final cure as I still held on to the resistance. However, more and more I stepped into my healing path and started to accept who I was and how I could serve. I came to see the injury as a blessing and a wake up call. I still experienced a fair amount of pain, especially if I did not keep myself energetically clear.
I had to make a lot of changes and sacrifices in my life so I could live clear and clean. However, one morning I had to take an ex-girlfriend on a drive, as she had no car. As I got in the car my guide said to me, "do not go", I didn't listen, I chose to ignore the advice, even though I knew I should not go as we still had not cleared the energy between us. Well to cut a long story short, my car got hit by another at hi-speed, injuring my shoulder even worse. As I stumbled out of the car my guide said, "NEXT TIME YOU WILL DIE".
So back to the drawing board with a bit more humility, a willingness to listen as if my life depended on it and a lot more pain to deal with.
Hard lessons but what I needed, I started the process even more intensely of surrendering to spirit and clearing myself. I started to find the joy and magic of life all around me, this was my healing, to be inwardly free and smiling. To open to spirit without resistance. The knowledge that death was so close helped me to live.
I started to accept that I might always have the pain in my shoulder and the headaches, but I was grateful for the chance to learn and grow in this world. Life progressed wonderfully. Then last year I went to Peru to do a 7day Tobacco diet with a Curandero, mainly to clear myself so I could be a better channel for healing and help those who came to me for healing. A day before I flew out the pain in my shoulder intensified. I slept an hour a night for a week before I got there. But to my utter amazement, with the help of the spirit of the tobacco and the skill of the healer my headaches stopped and the pain is gone from my shoulder. It is still not back 100% but to be pain free is a gift. I sleep through the night now because I don’t wake with the pain. The grace of spirit is giving me another lesson, I pray for the strength to accept it and to know that life gives me the lessons that I need. Perhaps I will have to go deeper with this injury, but more and more it teaches and guides me.
Re-reading this it seems so simplified, that only pain was driving me, but I suppose the pain was an outer manifestation of how lost I was inside. After some time the pain was not so much the driving force, but the magic and wonder of the divine. Begining to wake up and connect with the wonder hidened all around.
So anything is possible for you, you may fully heal the physical or you may not but there is a wonderful unfolding under way for each of us if we can let it happen. It is a joy to be on the path and I wish you well.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 pm 

Hi, I was attending a shamanic gathering last weekend and I was brought on a journey and in it I was shown the nature of my above post, and how I had forgotten one very important element. In the post I talk about my accident and ventureing on to the shamanic path, but I did not mention that another motivating factor for me to change was that I had hurt someone and that the guilt of that had racked my conscience. The energy had stayed with me and I sought a way to clear and heal myself. And indeed on the shamanic path I learnt about forgiveness and self forgiveness which was a blessing. The journey showed me that there was so many motivating factors, that to be careful not to edit it down to a more pleasing story to feed my ego. As always spirit is at hand to help clear and heal, a spoon full of truth and humility as medicine.
Blessed be.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism