Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:42 am 

Hello Ulchi,
When I have been to the core shamans for healing, they perform the healing and give me intergrating work to do. Some have told me I can contact them if I have any problems after the healing. Perhaps it may be my fault as I do not go back to the same shaman when the intergrating work has no result, I find another shaman and the process seems never ending. It feels that I am trapped in this problem. I have received approx 12 different diagnosis. Yet for some reason I cannot be healed.
I am hoping to find a native shaman hoping that they can help. I have e-mailed some but am getting no replies. It may be because I am asking for long distance healing as I cannot travel outside UK. That is what this problem is, it is preventive. It feels as if something is deliberately causing me to get nowhere in life. I am 49 now and I have had this all my life, my younger brother suffers from the same problem. Every area of our lives is affected by this prevention. Whatever is causing this I believe is powerful because no one has yet managed to heal me. I am hoping ther is a poweful shaman out there who can heal this before we are too old.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:50 pm 

Barry, I sympathize with your problem. I think that while there may be some excellent core shamanic practitioners out there, the teaching and referral system is taken far too casually, and finding a devoted, effective healer can be difficult and pricey. There are so many who aren't up to the task of the healing that is needed, and aren't interested in putting in the work to reach the level of effectiveness, yet they don't want to admit to that. Part of the problem no doubt is that the profession offers good money, and does not require a license or any proven commitment to practice. It becomes dangerous when a client in need only has so much money and so much willingness to open up to this kind of healing, yet is given wrong info, or inadequate help. The practitioner is in a hurry, has other things to think about, needs to make a certain amount of money that day or month, had success before and so has become overly confident in him/herself and less open to the spirit guides, has become lazy and offers his/her own ideas rather than acting as a channel to spiritual wisdom, or (worse, because the accurate info legitimizes the inaccurate) mixing the two together without differentiating which is which. Received spiritual wisdom, mixed with inaccurate new age cliches and psychological assumptions, which block the full picture and healing that is needed. Kind of like giving someone directions that are partly accurate and partly inaccurate. Anything that comes from the practitioner's own thoughts, assumptions, new age understandings, etc, will very likely be inaccurate. This inaccurate information and quasi-healing displaces what could have been a grounded, humbly given healing from someone else who is practicing shamanism responsibly and un-egotistically. That Barry has been given 12 different diagnosis is an outrage, and an example of how really corrupt it is out there. How can one find the really good practitioners? I don't see how outside of getting a personal referral from someone one knows and trusts.

Barry my suggestion to you is to not limit your search to shamanic practitioners, core or native. There are many powerful healers who don't work in this tradition. Perhaps go to a bookstore and find an author whose work really resonates, and write to them asking for a referral. Though it is always a good idea to be cautious at that point as well. I'd also suggest, "Pray." You don't have to be a trained healer to do this. You could pray for direct healing, or pray to find someone who can give you the healing you need. And open yourself up to the info or healing you receive through prayer. Best of luck!

Last edited by seawren on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:32 pm 

When you are not healed by many different shamans - then shamanism is not your way to be healed. Anyone who would attend a medical this often without any success would have not visited them this often but would have stopped this after the third or fourth fruitless attempt.

Not anything is being treatable with shamanic techniques.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 am 

I am trying shamans because I believe it will take a shaman to heal me but finding a genuine one is hard there are too many "cowboys" out there. They think they can become shamans by going on workshops, it does not work like that, you have to be called. The societies that run workshops will train anyone regardless whether the person has been called to be a shaman or not. How many have suffered shamanic sickness or crisis? Very small percentage if any. I think the amount of money societies charge for training is outrageous. Traditionally shamans were the outcasts, the "down-and-outs", not now, shamans are the ones that can afford the workshops. What is laughable is that these societies are more concerned that you can pay their prices for training than if you are called. Traditionally shamans take on one or two students at a time, and train them properly. You cannot mass produce shamans every few months! It is obvious these societies are only interested in making money not shamans, get as many people as they can and charge high prices for training and then do the same a few months or a year`s time. This is why they cannot heal. These so-called shamans work with psychology not spirits. I have noticed these cowboys call their "spirits" and they come instantly, the real shamans have to dance, sing and drum etc for some time before the spirits come. Is there any real shamans out there? Please contact me as I am desperate for a healing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:54 pm 

Barry,

I was apprenticed in Tuva, Siberia, and I'm empowered to be a teacher, but I do reject most invitations to teach because I don't think the people I've seen are ready, or suitable.

In fact I have only taken one one apprentice.

I do not make any guarantees of success, and I'm not here to diss any other practitioners.

I'm based in London.

I don't know if I will be able to help you, or not. There's not enough information in these postings to judge. But feel free to check my website, then contact me - http://macadyg.googlepages.com/

You will find a couple of articles there which set out the kind of shamanism I was apprenticed to.

I wish you well,

Mackenzie Blyth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:13 pm 

I found this post during some research that I have been doing. I am not a Shaman. I am exploring the ethical and emotional questions raised by Shamanic Soul Retrieval.

I believe a true Shaman would not need to advertise, nor seek payment of any kind from anyone. They would operate quietly and discretely, helping those whom they could. They would spread their message by teaching others whom they believed were ready to be taught, to carry forward this enormous responsibility.

I cannot imagine something more important that trusting someone with the stewardship of your Soul..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:19 pm 

Hi, Barry. email me at patricenortham@yahoo.com. I know i can help you in several different ways. it was Spirit who told me to read the forum just now when i was involved with something else. i do almost all my work long-distance. cheers!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:11 pm 

Hello Barry,
It seems that we have something in common. I too am searching for a Shamanic teacher for myself as well. What I have been doing is visualizing very intently just the voice of a Shaman teacher who finds me and really getting worked up over the excitement of finally finding my mentor. Through the law of attraction the universe is now changing my path and possibly my mentor so that we may meet sometime in the future. I refuse to pay a teacher a Kings ransom for his/her services....Call me old fashioned but a true teacher and healer does his thing and asks for little or nothing in return. This is what I have learned the hard way. Visualize not your search of you finding the teacher but a chance encounter with someone you do not know coming to you and simply discussing what you are looking for in a teacher/healer and then visualize this person saying to you with a smile that they know someone that can help you out. The more often you do this visualization and the more intense the positive energy you put into it the sooner it will happen. I still have not met my mentor, but within a week of doing this I was contacted by a Shaman who "happened to be thinking of how I was progressing".....strange coincidence? I think not.

Travel Well Barry,
I hope my wisdom helps you grow.
KODIAK STARR OWL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:42 am 

Hello Kodiak,
It is very difficult finding a teacher, personally I have given up. I have decided to try and let the spirits teach me, however, that is not easy. I have not been able to make contact with them when I want, they contact me spontaneously when they feel like it and I am still trying to journey. I have found through research two entirely different schools of shamanism exist, the Michael Harner core shamanism and what I term traditional. I have found the Michael Harner style does not work for me. While the traditional does work, but only after loads of hard. I do not believe there are any traditional teachers in reach to teach me (if they want to) so I am trying the even slower process of letting the spirits teach me directly only I am having problems contacting them directly. kodiak, I hope you find the teacher you are seeking.
Barry

Post subject: finding healers
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:29 pm 

hi. i lost your personal email because my computer was down for almost a week. i have information for you from my journey. please write me at patricenortham@yahoo.com. thanks

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism