Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: reality / imagination
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:20 am 

Since some weeks i ask myself how we can distinguish reality and imagination when it comes to spirituality and dreams
are all dreams real? are all the spirits you hear or see real or some are just from our imagination (sorry for my bad english i m french...) ? do spirit always appear with the same 'incarnation' or body to all ?
For examples, if i see the spirit of fire, will you see it the same way ? and if not, is it because there are many spirits of fire or because it appears differently to different people?
Thanks in advance

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:39 am 

Well, nothing is true I guess. However the form in which spirits show themselves are different.

Different people may see the same spirit very different way, but also there exists synchronosity. Same kind of people may see same spirit exatly same way.... and something between is also possibility. There is no borders or limits how spirit can manifest itself.

Post subject: Re: reality / imagination
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:30 pm 

Thanks
But how can i know if it s from my imagination or subconscient or for real? :shock:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 am 

I have come to think that dreams are real and imagination. You can have a dream that can affect your corporeal body, in other words, what happens in the dream also happens to the body. But some dreams do not appear to be real, these dreams appear to be from something that happened to the dreamer in the recent past. The event, whatever it may be, left an impression on the subconscious. This impression then manifested in a dream. I have somewhat come to think that these impressions are imagination, and the dream is not real. How do we distinguish which dreams are real and which are not. I have no answer for this. But perhaps the most profound dreams will be remembered with ease, at the conscious level, and the unreal dreams forgotten.

Of course, there is always deja vu, this is a feeling that you have done something before. The fact is, you did, you dreamt it, a dream of a future event, but you forgot the dream. So, even though that dream was real, and profound, it was not remembered at the conscious level, but it was remembered at the subconscious level. I do not think anyone can really answer which dreams are real and which are not. Do not know if I helped you any, but dreams are complicated, and we simply do not know much about them to state anything of fact.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:13 pm 

Iris, I have had some other life dreams, when I travelled to Denver a long time ago. Normally, prophetic dreams for me are rare, though I know some people do have this gift.
These dreams had vivid colors, places and faces. The details and vocabulary were to the time period. And like Ojibway said, they have lasted over time, where I still remember them.
Hope this helps.
Blessings,
Banchie

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 am 

Thanks to you all :wink:
I recently came to think that everything is real, the different may be about what is real but only in me (my ideas, my body or psychology) and what is real and includes others too (people, spirits, energy, etc)
I hope i m a bit clear lol talking about spirituality in another language is really not easy :oops:

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism