Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:18 pm 

Power Songs are a great way to create "Sacred Space" for Healing or Journeying.

I use a simple ritual based on Steven Ash's "Song of the Sacred Directions". The music track creates a wonderful background atmosphere and I create a "Here and Now" connection by drumming [a counter-rhythm] and chanting in the foreground. For our workshops and events we use candlelight only and one person will drum and one rattle against the powerful background of the Steven's CD track - too many people drumming and rattling spoils the sensitivity of the mood created.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:24 am 

What exactly is a Power Song? Is it a rythm that one creates themselves to channel spiritual energy? Or is it a song or something of that sort that helps to put one into a trance and become a conduit?

For me, Techno (electronica) always helps to put me into a trance, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing. I don't think so, because particularly that type of music is about as far away from spiritual as one can get ^^;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:46 pm 

My Power Song came from my spirit guide. I am new to this; journeying is all I do. My Power Song helps me to achieve a proper meditative state for journeying.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am 

There can be various purposes for powersongs, often those are gifts from spirit. To achieve trance states is easy, any method that works is a method. Nothing wrong with techno, if it works.

However there is diffenrences in trance states and how to use those states.

Post subject: Powersongs
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:51 pm 

Oh-Ho, This is a Great topic. For me during a healing I use powersongs to connect to my animal spirits. And I use them to honor my helping Spirits. Everytime I start the songs they are never the same. Every situation is different, So for me I never use the same songs and I never use the same helping spirits. Except for a few. So I like to as they say keep it fresh:) and I like to surprise the Spirits. And I also like useing my own powersongs not songs from another healer or Shaman. Blessings OH-HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JIM and thank you Marie and Chippawa :)!! and my brother Itzhak Beery :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:13 pm 

The songs seem to come when we are training, sometimes when a new song/vibration is needed for a particular reason, to celebrate a place or person and as a personal connection.

Healing songs can be 'known' and sung one minute, then forgotten and lost the next, only used when required. Others are given to us and stay with us for the rest of our lives.

Some are meant to be shared and passed on, others are personal, secret or individual, dying with the singer.

Some have words, others don't. Really the list is endless but there are traditional ways (culture specific) to 'find' songs and intuitive ways too. It seems to depend on the practitioner and the circumstances.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism