Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Plastic vs Real?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:51 am 

Has anyone journeyed and asked their Helping Spirits about this issue?

all I can say, quoting my OR teacher, "Journey on it!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:34 pm 

Why are so many interested in what they are labelled as opposed to the core issues related to practicing shamanism? No disrespect intended, but if you're primary issue is what you can call yourself, don't call yourself a shaman. Dennis

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:00 am 

I don't think the issue of what to call yourself is behind this argument. I believe what is being discussed is the underlying issue of whose practice is truthful and connected with Spirit or not

Well, this argument has been going on for thousands of years (real or fake). Wars, creation of new societies, especially in Asia (read about the history and establishment of Buddhism in the area of Tibet/Nepal). Even today the shamans in that region challenge each other as to who is real or not or who has more power etc. So, yeah, I think it is a core issue in our practice because it comes up and we have to face it. Have you ever done healing work and then someone rejects what you have done? If it hasn't, it will I assure you. It certainly can shake you a bit but it can strengthen your relationship with Spirit.

Again, I say let's journey on it and let Spirit teach us about it as well as how we should respond to those that confront us. I will journey and post it (with Spirit's permission of course).

Until then, Blessings
Sharkdiver

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 am 

"So, yeah, I think it is a core issue in our practice because it comes up and we have to face it. Have you ever done healing work and then someone rejects what you have done? If it hasn't, it will I assure you. "
------------------
Sharkdriver: Hi! I'm sorry you're work was rejected...and yet I fail to see how pasting this or that label...shaman or shamanist or shamanic practicioner...is going to improve your practice or the acceptance of your clients for what you do. Dennis

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:36 am 

hmmmm. It so difficult to have have a functional discussion in this format.You can't read body language, you cant hear the tone of voice or any prosodic features.
Let me put it this way. It is not a matter of being what I am called (i don't care). It is a matter of Faith. I know my relationship with Spirit, I completely trust what Spirit asks me to do. When someone questions your authenticity or rejects something you do, it's a test of Faith for you. And, hopefully, strengthens your relationship with Spirit.

Even though, this person "rejected" what I was told by Spirit to tell her, the Work was still done. There were other issues going on with her as well. Issues of her feeling powerless against someone in authority. My Helping Spirits later told her rejection, her "stepping up" was part of her healing. So there isn't anything to be sorry about' I trust my Relationship completely. I wouldn't be alive today without it;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:47 am 

questioning oneself can be a good thing. early in shamanic practice most do question the reality of what they are experiencing and what they are enacting. but there should come a time when there has been enough validation of one's practice to cease questioning it's reality, it's power. :roll:

will other's question a practitioner's truth or ways? i think always. for one thing it keeps them from indebtedness. it never ceases to amaze me the kind of person who in desperation seeks shamanic help then after the very real and startling changes take place for them they decide there wasn't anything to it.

i've been lucky in my life to have others believe in me. i've been fortunate to see enough confirmation not to doubt. i also have encountered people making claims that i've laughed over. it's a mixed bag. but ultimately it is my spirits whom i turn to for questions of the sort of validity that seem to be the current main focus on this board. thread after thread of the same topic. it's mind boggling! :shock: my spirits have fine senses of humor however and on the subject of plastic recall to me that i once brought home a Woodpecker spirit to another with one of the images shown me being that of a plastic pez dispenser. :)

the thing is as laughable as it may seem to me or maybe to others there can be essences of truth hidden even in distortion. perhaps the important thing is that a seeker seeks. and if this is so then perhaps their spirits guide them to what is best and real for them?

frith and bliss,
Crowfuzz

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:24 pm 

sharkdiver wrote:
So, yeah, I think it is a core issue in our practice because it comes up and we have to face it. Have you ever done healing work and then someone rejects what you have done? If it hasn't, it will I assure you. It certainly can shake you a bit but it can strengthen your relationship with Spirit.

I think some people go through a phase as part of their soul's cycle where they seek out, then reject, various teachings and experiences - sometimes quite angrily and virulently.

For example, proselytizing athiests like Richard Dawkins, in the public sphere, and a few people I have met in my private life who for whatever reasons cannot and will not open their minds to the possibility of any kind of God, Source, or non-material reality.

To my mind it's a bit like the way teenagers need to rebel a bit before they can mature sufficiently enough to become a proactive part of that adult world.

This comes right after a childhood of accepting that what parents said was law, and MUST be obeyed - very similar to the way many organised religions foster their followers, and for that reason I see that relationship as no bad thing.

I'm no psychologist, but I have heard that when people are hammered into submission at that first teenage stage, they can become inneffectual as adults and unable to really take part in adult society as contributing members, though of course the reaction depends on the person.

Even toddlers have to go through a stage where "NO!" is the answer to everything, in order to learn they can seperate from the parent, have a different will and identity, and still be loved and feel secure.

So my point is, perhaps rejecting is as valable to that soul as accepting in some cases. :?: :)

It may be a drag for the practitioner, but most of us didn't go into this for an easy life... :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:03 am 

So my point is, perhaps rejecting is as valuable to that soul as accepting in some cases.

Nova, that is exactly what I am talking about.

the rejection wasn't a drag, but a lesson in faith and trusting in what my Helping Spirits were wanting me to relay, even after many years of doing the work.

oh and by the way to all of you questioning on why this topic has been prolific in the forum, the topic was put in a mass email from the forum awhile back. Maybe the moderator might "splice" similar threads together next time, to lesson the confusion.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:58 pm 

oddly i didn't get that mail. and was very puzzled at why it was such a topic here.

*shrug*

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism