Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm 

This is always an interesting topic, and a bone of contention for some. Just as advertizing one's path on websites and such. After all, doing the work "in hopes of making a living at it" is actually asking the Creator to make sure there are enough sick people out there to keep your refrigerator full.

On the other hand, how will our sick brothers and sisters know where to find relief if we're not reachable? We all don't live within the same group of tents and travel the same forests together.

Compensation is part of the cycle of energy. But the truth of the matter is, Even though we might rattle, drum, chant, pray, and smudge until we're ready to pass out, Spirit does the work.

Leaving it up to the patient to arrange compensation seems more akin to letting Spirit provide compensation.

Saying "I have a mortgage, so I should get paid X" seems to translate into "I bought this house with MY money, now I've decided to be a healer, so You'll have to pay for it."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 pm 

Great perspective. Thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:36 am 

Thank you.

Ultimately, I guess, it's entirely a personal matter. People generally pick the healers that resonate with them, and the results give them the lessons they need, even if they're not ready to learn them. Sometimes the patient knows so little of the path, or is so desparate by the time they seek spiritual healing, they're ready to do or pay anything to assuage their fears.

A good healer won't capitalize on that. . .

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:10 pm 

One, Not everyone can be a shaman. That would be like everyone in the world being Chefs, or everyone being doctors. It's just not practical. Someone has to be the Lawyer, the Cop, the E-1 private in the army. Someone has to fix the car in your drive way and someone has to pick up your garbage on Wednesdays.

Does that mean no one else can follow the ways of a Shaman Lifestyle?

Not at all.

While the remaining 100-200 members of the tribe are not shaman, they still live the culture, the life. They still practice the ways, and do the rites. It is a partt of their life.

So... I'm not a shaman... Big F**'n Deal. I still Believe the way, live the way, and love the way. It is a part of my life.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism