Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Physical Care and Spiritual Care
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:16 pm 

One of my biggest spiritual challenges in my life has been the physical care of my physical body: eating nutritious foods, cutting out sugar, etc., but in particular getting regular exercise.

Can anyone speak to the importance of this for us healers, body workers, practitioners and caregivers? I am hoping I will find something in your words that could unlock a block around this or create a mini 'aha' and help me to move forward with this desire and put it into a regular action.

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Physical Care and Spiritual Care
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:16 pm 

I really love your question and I think it's a question that many people have.
Living in the world that we live in today, with so many unhealthy conveniences, which exacerbate the problems you refer to. For example, we have many convenience foods; these foods are processed and unhealthy. There are also conveniences we have created for ourselves that keep us sedentary, which is not good for us. Movement is better for us.

Your question has so many levels to it. There's the practical part of it, of how to get ourselves motivated and eating well and then there's also the level of personal love towards yourself; and also possibly, matters from the past where mental blocks and struggles around this issue may have caused soul loss or the development of an aspect in your personality that keeps you at a certain level of stuckness. You may have a pseudo safety around being stuck in a mode of trying to heal this matter. There are lots of energetic levels to it.

Energy work or shamanic diagnostic journeys to access and investigate this issue from an energy level would be a good idea.

If you have been dealing with this for a while, and not having success with it, there's a distinct chance that there are energetic or spiritual reasons behind it such as a block or personality aspect setting things up to stay a certain way.

Often people forget to look at the spiritual point of view to a physical issue.

I know that for those that struggle with this and other similar issues, the energetic angle is the way to go. These types of issues are not that difficult to work on. We get things set into motion at a young age and struggles or frustrations can lock into the psyche.

We develop an immature aspect of ourselves that has not progressed emotionally or evolved spiritually alongside the rest of you. Shamanically we use a technique that helps this aspect mature. This is achieved in an interactive guided meditation. The immature aspect matures right in front of your eyes. It quits holding onto the limiting program. A shamanic practitioner is needed to assist in the first stages of this healing however once you learn this method you can do if for yourself.

Also, another way to deal with it is energetically is applying the laws of attraction. Your body responds to what you are saying to it and how you are treating it. A lot of people who want to lose weight or get their body into a particular form, they tend to look in the mirror and be critical of themselves, saying 'You're not there yet' repeatedly. Saying critical things to yourself keeps you stuck at that place. It locks things down in an energy pattern of not being there yet.
Whereas if you were to look in the mirror and say ' today I am closer to where I want to be' helps to change the energy patterns.

Also make a list of the qualities about yourself that you love.
I read in a magazine in the 70s that good mental health can be gauged by looking in the mirror and liking more things about your image that you see, than things that you do not like. That has a truth to it!
Criticism will keep you stuck.
It helps if on a daily basis you say to yourself all the things you do like about yourself. Via the law of attraction, focusing on the positive, you will attract those good things to you that you want. When you look at yourself in the mirror, emphasize the things that you like and that you feel good about.

Besides energetic methods, make a movement program for yourself that is incremental.

It helps to start with small steps like 10 minutes or 15 minutes a day, like walking just a bit. Don't set unreasonably high goals.
Taking care of ourselves is an absolute must especially for those of us in service to others or care giving work.
Shamanically, everything has a spiritual or energetic component to it. Time for you to turn your attention to the energetic aspects and methods!

Thank you Jan.

Post subject: Re: Physical Care and Spiritual Care
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:36 am 

Thanks Jan! You gave me my AH HA!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism