Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: originality
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:38 am 

I was just wondering for those of you who practice, what's the thing you do differently that you don't think anyone else does? The big personal touch you put into your work as a shaman. And maybe a short why would be nice.

Mine is my use of metals for healing. I've got a variety of ways to use coins, scrap metal, and mirrors in my work. But the main variation is my work using crowbars.
I was walkin' round one day at a flee market, just kinda browsing when I happened upon a very large crowbar. I'd estimate it about 50 inches and about 30 or so pounds, but I just fell in love with it. And from then on I started gathering more and more, new ones, old ones, rusted ones, and all sizes of them. I had no real clue why until I tried using them in practice. Now I know alot of you are purists and believe that wands and staffs should be wood or natural, but it's the best thing that's worked for me and I haven't gone back since.

plus the sound of metal ringing when struck is the amazing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:02 pm 

I am choomeykh and shamanize with this technique - well, and I am Condordancer, which is unique, at least here in Europe. In twelve years I haven't met any other Condordancer, neither here in Europe, nor in S.America - though I do not count the folcloristic dancers there as shamanic trance-dancer.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 am 

Hi Dr. Iron!

I am wondering if your crowbars are symbolically something to do with opening firmly-shut doors, or tightly-shut boxes [metaphorically speaking, in connection with healing]? What do you think?

A closed mind, a "Pandora's box" of repressed stuff, that kind of thing?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:42 pm 

Yah no Michael, I have done a lot of work like that. Mostly walls though, some doors too. But I never made too much of a connection with that. In fact, with my own journeys I've been using them to break down doors.

Never made that connection before. Thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 am 

One thing that sets me apart is that I use the spirits of the sacred cholqij calendar in my practice. I invoke them and pray to them when a client is in need. Also, I am the only shaman I know of that travels to the realms of Tlalocan and Mictlan. I also use many D.I.Y. techniques developed from chaos magick that are completely unique such as using sigils with votive candles of saints.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 am 

Now came into my mind, that I actually did develop healing technique my own, but that was before I became massage-therapist.
I put patient into sitting position. Behind her back I started to give light impulses of pressure starting at neck so, patient would start to rotate and twist her own back, shoulders, neck, while I supported her upperbody weight. With proper shift in consciousness and deep relaxation of patient it became possible for me to move patient's body just by my own body movement without even touching her. That's when energybodies were merged, and that merging was actually behind strongest purification processes achieved with technique. It had no effect on people not trusting or too stiff to get any impulses through.
Also young girls reported feelings of strong sexual energy and process feeled like foreplay, so I became careful and I forget further development and whole technique, when I graduated from massage -school.
Hmm... now I have again time to explore it further. Maybe my wife will let me do something....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 am 

Interesting, Jusma - sounds quite tantric i.e. sensory interaction building into 2 people experiencing a "oneness".

I did not quite understand how you "supported her upperbody weight"? You were standing behind a sitting person, lightly touching the upper back, how were you also supporting the upper body? Please explain.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 am 

I am at high kneeposition. The other knee is on the ground and I am directly behind, so my thigh, hip, stomach can support with backbend. I usually start rotation movement from head and after that go along the spine. During rotation my hands may support from shoulders, or chest area, when bending forward. Patient sits on heels, knees wide to get wide triangle from legs and good, stable, balanced position. If thighs are tight and sitting on heels unconfortable pillows or something to lift hips higher are needed. Usually it is more comfortable that way.

The idea grew from energyhealing and aikidopractise, where circlular movements do centripetal and centrifugal forces same time. In combat situation it is too hard to find harmony between 2 practioners, but that deeper union is easier to find at healing arts, I think. In my case it was solar plexus area, which kept the link between and moving other without touching became possible. Union of that level was never learned during aikido-classes, even I saw one master to do so. Between humans practising budo it is not easy to abandon win-win thinking.

To stiff or insecure persons it was only spine and joint -mobilisation. Without openness to experience things outside normal, there is no chance for union.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 am 

For a long time I tried that technique again for my wife. I was a little bit rusty at movements, she did not find stable position enough, and still she became well enough relaxed and slept 45 minutes after 10-15- minutes treatment.

It could be done for neck only, when patient is sitting on chair, but there healer cannot get near enough.

Problems are in it's intimacy. Sexual energy rushes on after about 10 seconds, providing heat into session, and it is that heat, which makes that technique work well. Because of intimate energy at bodywork I'll not use it for commercial or public use.
There are too many unbalanced persons who will become relient of that kind of experience it may provide. Family first.

I remeber that I cured one shoulder with that technique from a man, who was teaching me shiatsu. So it works with males too, used energy may be same, but it does not imply, awake feelings of sexuality or intimacy same way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:16 am 

Very interesting, Jusma!

I have for many years taught an approach to intuitive massage (see my overview here: www.sunflower-health.com/courses/massagecontent.htm) in a style which grew out of an initial training received in the 1980s from a Buddhist monk who had trained for a year at the Esalen Institute with the Urban Shaman Gabrielle Roth - originator of the "Five Rhythms - Universal Wave" approach to psychospiritual movement and massage therapy. I adapted the Esalen style to incorporate breathwork and more meditative clearing of the masseur, who brings into consciousness, then "surrenders", all feelings and agendas, including agendas related to creating any particular result, or experience, for the recipient. It is amazingly powerful in that quite small massage movements produce big results in the person being massaged - just like the technique you describe, Jusma. Any sexual feelings or other intimacy needs are surrendered in the same way - via breathwork - as any other impulses.

What actually happens varies from one situation to another, but small movements, presses [as in shiatsu massage] and manipilations are common - coming in an unconscious intuitive flow and probably sometimes similar to the ones you are also using, Jusma, but not through any conscious intention.

To get around the problem of access to the rear upper body, which you mention, Jusma, I too will sometimes do the massage in a sitting position [see weblink above], but more often [easier for both people] will get the client to sit sideways on a chair - so that the back of the chair is on the side and not obstructing the massage area.

I was not aware of the possibiity of creating a solar plexus connection, Jusma, so thank-you for that. I think that this then becomes more of a tantric massage, rather than the masseur-centric meditative, channelled, intuitive style of massage that I mention above, so I can imagine that sexual feelings could be more of a problem because intentionality-driven intimate connection is brought into play.

Are you able to put a bit of video, or some photos of your technique, online somewhere, Jusma?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:28 pm 

Well, I do not have pictures of that technique, but something quite similar.

Here you can see the same position I described right behind, but this time I am working more normal method cranial muscles.
http://www.mesiainen.com/albumtreatment ... su%29.html

With this picture you can see my way to focus. I watch into distance, so consciousness would not be disturbed, while I feel what is beneath my arms and giving pressure on hard muscle. From that, surrendering may begin.

http://www.mesiainen.com/albumtreatment ... su%29.html

You can see also, that it is not only solar plexus doing the connection, but it is good start to let patient's head to lean on your chest and heart. It is like welcoming a patient inside your sphere, and it is inside that energyfield where healing and merging takes place. Intuition is the beginning and way. It leads me how to give the impulses until I am not even aware what I am doing. Trance state deepens.

With this method it is same like you described. I just do movement, let energy rise and follow it, results cannot be predicted. Sexual energy cannot distrct me but I let it rise through me, let it work. Othervise it is just spine/ jointmobilisation, which may be sometimes actually what is really needed first. If a person is too tight and uneasy and it is hard to relax, relief from tightness may be the key for further development. Even it sounds a bit perv - tantric massage - I guess you hit the mark. That it is.

Breathwork I do use also, during yogaclasses if a person is open for adjustements I may do pressure or pull with her breathing rhytm, usually to expand and open certain areas of body. Usually it takes some time people to know me and get used to adjustments, otherwise they get confused, if they are doing something wrong.

Without video, it may be hard to see how, it is working, but can it be seen outside anyway...? One person was taking photos, for my webpages once, and while showing this techniques, I remember her telling it seemed very, very weird, not really understanding what was happening. I guess those photos are deleted. It doesn not work on ordinary level, I think. Without trust and ability to surrender both healer and patient it do not gather highest price.

I remember doing first rootsounds and smoke to lead patients mind centered and peaceful, when the shoulder of shiatsuteacher became healed

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 am 

Thanks, Jusma. All is much clearer now and I can see much similarity between our approaches. - very fascinating, beautiful and magical work to do. In the west the term "Tantric" is unfortunately very distorted in people's perception, perhaps we should use the term "SHAMANIC MASSAGE"!.

Re: relaxing clients

Do you know this album, Jusma? - "Music for Reiki and Meditation". Even the track titles are very evocative...
------------------------------
1. Light Touch
2. Hands of Light
3. Vital Force
4. Journey to the Heart
5. Turn of the Tides
6. Touch of Love

Anyone who does not know it can listen to samples here:
"Music for Reiki and Meditation - Track samples"
"Journey to the heart of peace and feel the gentle flow of healing energy. On this exquisitely relaxing release, Shajan uses beautiful melodies and sensual, serene harmonies of piano, guitar, flute, and keyboards to create a calming and soothing atmosphere which is ideal for Reiki, Yoga, meditation and massage. Shajan used his knowledge as a Reiki master and designed the music on this recording to help people let go of stress and slip into a receptive, peaceful state. Experience the quiet ecstasy of relaxation through his blissful waves of healing energy and music. This Reiki music makes it easy to relax!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 am 

Well, I do not even use music ever I work. When working all impulses coming outside may cause distraction. Whether it is yogaclass or massage, I'm doing.

It is not only calming sounds, that are good. When a person is a bit too passive even lazy, flegmatic, to get balance may need more "fast & furious" impulses to wake up the nervous system. Wrongly chosen backtape could affect into my own mood in a way, which do no good for work. I could start to follow music's mood instead of following intuition. Sometimes I would rather give good kick in the ass, than anythnig else, when some of these lazy, whining, heavily overweighted customers come to say, fix me. And they would not take a bit responsibilty of their own conditions.

I use sound another way, for example when I resitate matras. There I usually have a backtape to strenghten atmosphere and to rise up energylevel.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism