Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Newbie could use some help.
 Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:00 pm 

Good Morning and Greetings,

I am writing this morning to hopefully get some assistance in understanding what is happening with me. I will try to be as brief as possible but I sometimes get a tad longwinded.

First, I have been studying and practicing nature based beliefs for 20 years. Whether I called it Wicca or Druidism directly related to what I was practicing at the moment. Of late I feel like I am being pulled more and more toward my roots and have been studying Lakota Sioux Spirituality, but only studying because I am only 1/4 Lakota and not a recognized member of any tribe. Now that the background is out of the way...

I have always revered the Red-Tailed Hawk, I see them as a good omen on my travels and seeing one in the sky always makes me feel at peace. A couple of weeks ago, I was on my morning walk around a pond behind where I work and I heard a "chittering" sound, I turned and about 5 feet away from me was a red-tailed hawk, he was saring into my eyes with his wings spread and he was "talking" to me. This was witnessed by another passerby, we both took pictures and went on our way. Fast forward to last night, I have a dream of the same situation, the hawk is speaking to me first in Lakota, then in English and he asks me why I have not taken his message to heart.

I feel I am being drawn to explore my native roots, this of course is forbidden for a non native to practice, so I am starting to feel shamanism is my only option. Does anyone have any words of advice? BTW, when I walked this morning, I looked over head and a hawk was circling, I live in the middle of a fairly busy city so this is a bit of a rarity in town.

Post subject: Re: Newbie could use some help.
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:12 pm 

If you feel drawn to explore your native roots, then by all means do so.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 pm 

KarenFurr wrote:
If you feel drawn to explore your native roots, then by all means do so.

I agree. Who says you cannot follow your ancestors? Spirit doesn't make such distinctions. Follow where they guide you.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:10 am 

PaleSpyder wrote:
Good Morning and Greetings,

I am writing this morning to hopefully get some assistance in understanding what is happening with me. I will try to be as brief as possible but I sometimes get a tad longwinded.

First, I have been studying and practicing nature based beliefs for 20 years. Whether I called it Wicca or Druidism directly related to what I was practicing at the moment. Of late I feel like I am being pulled more and more toward my roots and have been studying Lakota Sioux Spirituality, but only studying because I am only 1/4 Lakota and not a recognized member of any tribe. Now that the background is out of the way...

I have always revered the Red-Tailed Hawk, I see them as a good omen on my travels and seeing one in the sky always makes me feel at peace. A couple of weeks ago, I was on my morning walk around a pond behind where I work and I heard a "chittering" sound, I turned and about 5 feet away from me was a red-tailed hawk, he was saring into my eyes with his wings spread and he was "talking" to me. This was witnessed by another passerby, we both took pictures and went on our way. Fast forward to last night, I have a dream of the same situation, the hawk is speaking to me first in Lakota, then in English and he asks me why I have not taken his message to heart.

I feel I am being drawn to explore my native roots, this of course is forbidden for a non native to practice, so I am starting to feel shamanism is my only option. Does anyone have any words of advice? BTW, when I walked this morning, I looked over head and a hawk was circling, I live in the middle of a fairly busy city so this is a bit of a rarity in town.

Find out what the Red-tailed Hawks message is. You are very lucky having this hawk and hawks around you when you are outside. It seams to remind you again and again. It speaks to you in dreams, it shows itself too you anywhere.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism