Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: new to shamanism
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 pm 

Hello,

I am new to the world of shamanism. A few months back, I didn't even know that this word existed when I started seeing a horse staring at me in my mind's eye. I would see him every night before sleeping. And then I googled him and came across shamanism. I started reading some books and doing a bit of research work online and started journeying a little to find my power animal, and it turned out to be the same horse that I would see in my mind's eye. :)

Then after a while, I went through a certain initiation process where I was mentally blocked and went through a severe phase of depression. I felt as if I was in a dark tunnel, deep down and there was no way out. I would burn sage every night near my bed just to clear the energy around and within me. One night, I asked my guides for a sign and the next morning I wake up and see that on the table near my bed, the words 'PASSED' were written with the ashes of the smudge I had burned the previous night. This was definitely a sign from my guides that I had to go through some sort of an initiation process. And after that day, the depression has just disappeared.

I have also been interested in soul retrieval and the extraction process. Any book suggestions, guidelines, tips regarding shamanism would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings
Freya

Post subject: Re: new to shamanism
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm 

wow 270 reads and now replies. I would love advice, feedback or guidance on how to go ahead on this path.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:12 pm 

I always tell people who are just interested in it and wants to start without any calling to run screaming away as fast they can,.iif you do get a real initiation then you will understand why.

however in your case , from what you describe there I cant tell you to run screaming away however you should know that its dangerous. shamans died and so did those who tried to become in the past.

this experience you speak about is interesting but I would say its not standing alone as a sure tell tale sign.

so if there is a chance you can get out while time is then do so.

speak to spirit. pray as hard as you can and then find your path by yourself..

if its genuine you do not need the likes of Harner or the other guy ask for courses with or neither do you need books with techniques but you need to study Shamanism and practice of it in various cultures to understand what it is.

the rest will come to you trough spirit.

be advised that a genuine teacher is so hard to find that you will have to just rely on spirit to find one. but if you do go ahead and connect with the wrong teacher that mistake can follow you around for years. even be harmful if you meet the wrong person. native american spirituality has nothing to do with shamanism by the way. so be careful not to be fooled by any exploiters of that culture .

be careful. and I will pray for you to find your own way .

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:39 pm 

Hi Freya,

I'm new to Shamanism as well. It's something I've been interested in for a very long time, but not something I took very seriously until this year.

Would you be willing to share your dream about your power animal, the horse?

I relate to all kinds of animals, but I'm still pretty in the dark about power animals.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:47 pm 

If you are that good dreamer, you could try to follow that path. Before going to bed, make a question to your spirithelpers or power animal.

Because you already have made journeywork, you have enough skill to study your own. Always fom now one, when doing journeys ask your spirithelper to be with you. Build up a good connection with your poweranimal, dance and sing with him.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism