Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: New here
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 am 

Hello everyone!

I'm a 32 year old woman from Finland and I follow Finnish tradition in my shamanic practice. This is my calling and I take it very seriously and can sometimes seem harsh on those who seem to just "float about" in some-kind of neo-shamanic trippy-world. Unfortunately you encounter a lot of that... I apologize in advance to anyone who might feel insulted. It's not that I'm "right" or know "the truth" but I see this is very serious work and feel that without proper knowledge, experience and dedication you can put yourself and others at serious risk.

I don't believe on a black and white world where "good" and "evil" exists as opposites. I don't believe in any fixed truth and am very allergic to people trying to claim there's such a thing.

I'm very concerned with the state we have put Mother Earth in and work hard for the environment spiritually, physically, locally, globally, on all levels.

I'm a singer and musician, seamstress, jewellery-maker, anarchist and activist.

I can also be a quite laid-back person when I want to :)

If you want to know anything just ask and I'll answer as best I can.

Have a nice day :)

Post subject: Re: New here
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:25 pm 

Hi Mielikki - just came accross your posts and thought I would connect with you as I feel a lot of resonance in what you say and your ideas. I particularly agree with your comments about the serious nature of shamanic work. This work is not a game. As healers we are interfering with the lives and energies of others and we must take this seriously and respectfully. I am from New Zealand and would love to go to Finland some time but your country is very far away!

all the best

Geoff

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 am 

Hi Geoff! Nice to her you like my writings :)

Wellcome to Finland anytime!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:04 pm 

Hi, It is good to hear someone else from Finland is also here, and interested in, shows respect on our own heritage. Since we had our own ways, which have not much in common neoshamanism, this drumming, whistling and whatever can be used to show same respect for spirits as our ancestors showed. In Karelia it was more verbal ecstacy, rune singing and in west was different methods to get trancestates. For me it is not so much as a matter of techniques, but respect, love, rememberance. For that reason I have kept quiet and distance for severel years from shamanic assosiations. It is easier to hear yor own intuition, when not disturbed too muc of other peoples ideas or opinions. Nowadays getting more active again, but more interested in people than customs.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism