Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: My meeting with the Raven
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:35 am 

I have never been confident about speaking about my spirit animals. But for a while ago I met a raven which I feel I can talk about. I first met him when I was waiting on the bus early one morning. I first noticed that he didn't fly away when I came to close but stayed, confident like a dove. I walked to the station and sat their a while. Then I saw that same raven again walking towards me. When he was about 40 cm from me he stopped and looked at me. He just looked at me, and then I heard in my mind how he spoke to me saying; Good morning, how are you? I answered with my thoughts and said fine, little tired but ok. The raven answered; Ok, well im hungry, im going to look for food. And it walked away..

I have never before got that connection to an live animal, so I thought it was really cool.

A couple of nights later I had an lucid dream about walking on a road in a forest. The raven was flying next to me and protected me from other spiritual beings.

And just this day I made a journey to meet him and asked for his name. Old Angus Kane he replied, I'm your guide, your eye in the spirit world. I am magic, your teacher of will.

So, I would love to hear some thoughts on this. What can it mean the last thing he said. And have you had an experience like when I first met him?

Regards,
Nick

Post subject: Re: My meeting with the Raven
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:39 am 

soddex wrote:
. . . And just this day I made a journey to meet him and asked for his name. Old Angus Kane he replied, I'm your guide, your eye in the spirit world. I am magic, your teacher of will.

So, I would love to hear some thoughts on this. What can it mean the last thing he said. And have you had an experience like when I first met him?

Regards,
Nick

How wonderful. Such a strong connection which resonates with me from my own experiences.

A little Crow, scruffy juvenile who had flown the nest too early was standing in the middle of a busy road. Nobody stopped to help so when I got there I had to navigate the traffic to grab him. Despite trying to get him back to his parents, it was clear they were not feeding him for some reason and he would die. So he came to live with me for a few months and was such a wonderful little guy. Eventually I felt it was best to let him go to a professional rescue centre where he could live with other Crows and possibly be released but he had developed a cancer on his beak and about a month after I left him there, he was put to sleep. I had a dream where he came to me and I journed to see how he was and he came to me in my special otherworld place so I knew he had died. I called the centre and they confirmed they had had to put him to sleep. Since then he has been a constant companion, a seeker of secrets, a router out of of hidden things and an guide.

It is interesting that Old Angus Kane tells you he is your 'eye' in the spirit world (not eyes!) and this fits with Oden giving up one eye in order to see better in the other world. Oden also had ravens around him.

He says "I am magic, your teacher of will". This also makes a lot of sense since all magic originates from our intent. Raven is or can be a harsh, straight talking, almost brutal (sometimes) teacher of spiritual truth. There is no messing about with him and you will get an unvarnished truth which is absolutely necessary if you are to do intentional energy work (magic). You need to be profoundly aware of your own true intent when you learn to work like this.

Wonderful, what a superb beginning. :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:18 pm 

Yes,

The Oden, Huginn and Muninn etc have I heard alot since I am swedish :lol: So it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for this! :)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:41 pm 

Often Raven is known to symbolize magic, problem solving and frivolity. However, you must remember that the true meanings of each power animal/totem are based on direct revelation, and the symbolic meanings of an animal for one person may not be the same meanings for another.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism