Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Multiple Vision
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:26 pm 

I'm not sure which section to put this in. I've been involved in Shamanistic healing all my life. At a certain point I realized that other people see things differently than I do.

I see in multiple images. There is no problem with this and I feel comfortable seeing this way. When I try to merge images into one, it feels very uncomfortable. Seeing this way allows me to be relaxed and to see into people for healing purposes.

My students think this is strange and I don't know exactly how to explain it to them. It's not that I see the images in different places. They are all in the same place but take up a different kind of "space".

Has anyone else experienced this or do you think this is just a medical condition? I have searched the internet for medical information about this but haven't found anything.

Post subject: Thanks for the great material.
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 am 

This added great value to my intelligence.

Post subject: One word ' AWESOME
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 am 

Remarkable way to put it.

Post subject: Re: Multiple Vision
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:36 am 

Are you saying you look at one thing and see a mental overlay of something else?

I can't understand what you're saying.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:34 pm 

To resonantD
I see multiples of each thing I see. I look out into a "multiple world". It's quite clear to me that I'm seeing everything in multiples and it seems very normal and comfortable to me.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:34 am 

if found that when i pull something similar to a mask over my face while rattle dancing, that after awhile i automatically scry into the dark part of the mask. ive also experimented with covering over my left eye and keeping my right eye uncovered, to see if i can see both inwards and outwards at the same time. my results at the moment arent conclusive, but i can see how this would work. however i would appreciate a more indepth explanation of how you do this, not just simply stating that you can do this. its easier

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am 

To ShimmerSnake,
For me it is just staying in a relaxed state. Multiple images is the state I am in all the time and don't feel comfortable even trying to change this state.

For my first twenty adult years I was a zoologist and spent most of my time with animals, both in captivity and in the wild. (My specialty was herpetology - reptiles and amphibians). I had to deal with them in a personal way, developing a relationship with each. To do this I had to "see" the way they saw, that is, I had to understand their point of view, their consciousness. I got used to changing these states from moment to moment depending on which animal I worked with.

The result is that my state of awareness and my perception is more fluid and I believe my work with animals is part of why that is. I also have been doing Tai-chi and Zookinesis exercise most of my life and that results in a physical and spiritual fluidity. These qualities contribute to my way of perception.

So I don't "do" anything to see this way, it is just the way I see.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 pm 

this state of seeing double that your referring too sounds very much like tonglen (which is something ive been practicing for a long time), but not what is commonly known as "seeing" within the shaman community. thats why i was asking is because after some experiences this is something ive been working on doing myself.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 pm 

ShimmerSnake wrote:
this state of seeing double that your referring too sounds very much like tonglen (which is something ive been practicing for a long time), but not what is commonly known as "seeing" within the shaman community. thats why i was asking is because after some experiences this is something ive been working on doing myself.

What is tonglen?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:47 am 

resonantD wrote:
ShimmerSnake wrote:

What is tonglen?

its similar to what bobklein described.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism