Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Mayan, Hopi, Web Bot, Bible Code, Yeah...the works
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:21 am 

Okay so...to say it now, Sorry if there are those who call me crazy or a dooms day nut or anything like that, I'm not trying to promote anything or scare people, my intent on this topic is purely for the sake of satiating my curiosity...

So, I'm sure many of us have heard in the news and discovery shows and in books and media and well just about everywhere about all the lovely 'dooms day' prophecies, both modern and ancient ones all seeming to point to this time frame and such...If not...well...you don't have to look far, just google it...its everywhere.

Okay so now that out of the way, I wish to state that I myself, long before i felt the 'call', if you will, to shamanism that there was something building in the mists, something catastrophic to the flow of modern society that we would have to deal with in our time. Long before I read anything on the 2012 Mayan calendar stuff, before any of that, I've just always had this sinking feeling in my gut...and it has only been fueled as time goes on.

But without trying to impose my own visions on what may entail humanity in the future, (and believe me my visions are not all doom and gloom, in fact it's mostly good stuff,) I am curious as to those here who have likewise had similar feelings on the world events, and further more what you people feel may unfold from these events...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:23 am 

What is the end for some may be the beginning for others,If god is a teacher and we are the students all be it hard headed students,how would you teach us,throwing out everything you know about religion and the creators supposed preferencess and predispositions,suppose that the Human race is a headstrong teenager close to 18 years old,you can only talk so much,you can only dole out the wisdoms that they may be able to grasp at this time,at some point you have to let them go,and see if they were paying attention,given all the questions, we are required to find the answers,the gift of this life is ours to savor or discard but our asses belong to god,Do the absolute best at everything you wanbt to do,love all that you can,and live this life,its yours to better or screw up,the creator loves us all unconditionally so dont worry about the things that are Gods desision,give thanks every day for every minute that you are allowed to experience this life,the good the bad,every obstacle that we positively overcome teaches us the value and wisdom of this existence,when its time to go,we go.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:57 am 

wow - and you said all that in one breath!

Doomsday - broken down into 3 words: Do Oms Day

Om is from Hinduism and Tibetan Buddhism, a mystical symbol considered the most sacred mantra, and appears at the beginning and end of most Sanskrit recitations, prayers and text.

So we should say this mantra, to bring about both the ending and beginning of our existence, which chance happening is every and any day.

i like this idea!
:D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:14 pm 

Every moment is a gift. Live it with gratitude and impeccability with respect for Mother Earth. Walk every moment with love lightly on her.

Chris

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism