Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Maya Calendar Shamanism
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:38 am 

I have been attracted to shamanistic practice recently because I have been pursuing, with little guidance or available information, becoming an Ajq'ij, or Maya Calendar expert/diviner. But I see that in the west, the only way I can go beyond the intellectual level of intellectual calendar knowledge, I must use my body in connection to the cosmos to ask for answers to my questions. I don't necessarily have a specific question but one general one: is anyone proficient in Maya Shamanism?

In later threads I will inquire over specifics like journeying and animal companions and so on. The only teachers I can afford will be those I find in my travels in the other realms. Perhaps even dead or living Maya daykeepers in Guatemala (in the middle-world.) I have been to Mictlan and I have met the Sun, but I was too afraid to approach him and ask. It seemed to me at the time that he would devour me. Also, I was afraid of the fire that surrounded him. Anyway, any Maya fans out there?--Particularly Cholq'ij calendar enthusiasts.

I have made a message board myself to quench my curiosity, but it seems that everyone I meet on the net that share my interest find themselves in a similar position.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Yours in the struggle,
--Teopiltzin

Post subject: Re: Maya Calendar Shamanism
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:21 am 

teopiltzin wrote:
I have been attracted to shamanistic practice recently because I have been pursuing, with little guidance or available information, becoming an Ajq'ij, or Maya Calendar expert/diviner. But I see that in the west, the only way I can go beyond the intellectual level of intellectual calendar knowledge, I must use my body in connection to the cosmos to ask for answers to my questions. I don't necessarily have a specific question but one general one: is anyone proficient in Maya Shamanism?

In later threads I will inquire over specifics like journeying and animal companions and so on. The only teachers I can afford will be those I find in my travels in the other realms. Perhaps even dead or living Maya daykeepers in Guatemala (in the middle-world.) I have been to Mictlan and I have met the Sun, but I was too afraid to approach him and ask. It seemed to me at the time that he would devour me. Also, I was afraid of the fire that surrounded him. Anyway, any Maya fans out there?--Particularly Cholq'ij calendar enthusiasts.

I have made a message board myself to quench my curiosity, but it seems that everyone I meet on the net that share my interest find themselves in a similar position.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Yours in the struggle,
--Teopiltzin

Peace be upon all.
Thanks to Allah! I have been hoping to find someone to teach the Mayan
Ways to me for a long time so that I can fulfill my spiritual messengerhood.
What is the theological belief of the Mayan Way? Is it Monotheism or Polytheism?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:06 pm 

Most people I know that practice the Maya way are syncretists, in that they honor both the one supreme god and the maya deities. Check out my signature for Maya knowledge.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism