Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:45 pm 

Quote:
I hope to meet other Shamans who have done unique projects that expanded Shamanic horizons

Well, Hawkish Shaman, what about those who invade discussions that they believe are "lame" and spend their time self-importantly rubbishing a wide-range of sincere contributions from others? Is that your idea of a unique project expanding Shamanic horizons?

Is shamanic fascism the highest truth that you have to offer to the world?

Surely not!

What are you really angry about?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:32 pm 

That's my quote, and somehow I just don't see how discussing pounding the pud expands Shamanic horizons.

I'm a facist because I "rubbished" a wide-range of sincere contributions about jerking off? OK.

My higher truths may succeed "masurbation" (sp?) techniques, but I won't know until after I check my alleged anger issues.

You boyz should all get together in the proverbial circle and spank the monkey for world peace. After clean up you can drop by blueplanetshaman.com and leave horizon expanding comments.

When you guys get tired of all that self gratifying you can check out the Sacred Lover Sequoia Redd at sequoiaredd.com and meet a fine Shamanic apprentice in the sixth year of an eight year apprenticeship. If you are into women.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:36 am 

Quote:
somehow I just don't see...

That's the problem with "blind" rage - it stops us from seeing!...

Your hasty judgments and ill-informed comments show that you never really read the postings, Shaman Hawk,

...nor saw the real people behind them - some of whom do not have English as their primary language.

Quote:
I won't know until after I check my alleged anger issues

This at least is true.

Mindless abuse does not take courage, any fool can do it, but facing the truth and breaking out of an addiction to fury takes real courage.

The contributors to, and readers of, this thread are confronting and considering the power of their potent sexual energy. Confronting and considering the possibility that it might be harnessed for purpose of the community service work that lies at the heart of shamanism. Where is the potency of your basic human drives locked up, Shaman Hawk?

How [and when?] are you going to harness, transmute and refine its base energy for the higher purposes of the Shamanic Path?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:42 am 

English isn't my primary language either. It's my forth.

The first four years of my life were in Japan (source of first language) and my house mom's husband was the Japanese version of a Shaman.

Second: German in which I learned about original German Shamanism. Third languages were two Native American dialects in which I learned Native Shamanism then English as I was learning the adulterated and plagiarized versions of Shamanism. You know, the shit people get from books and courses.

I then got pierced through the chest and strung up for the night as a final test and finished my training in Sacred Sexuality and Sex Magik, something that was a normal part of my bloodline. (No courses or books) Training is ten years but we consider it an art form to be carried through life.

Yeah, It's a bit difficult for me to take seriously most of what I read on this forum, much less what anyone will tell me about the path. "The source for all things Shamanic" is missing that one Shamanic safegaurd from taking yourself too seriously, sarcastic humor.
Feel free to leave some on my blog anytime. Till then, keep spanking the monkey for that higher whatever.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:48 pm 

Du behauptest also, deutsch sprechen zu können.

Das möchte ich doch mal nachprüfen.

Ich finde dein Verhalten hier unter aller Kanone - arrogant, selbstherrlich und weit davon entfernt, auch nur im Ansatz dem gerecht zu werden, was du von dir behauptest. Ein bißchen mehr Respekt Fremden gegenüber stünde dir gut zu Gesicht.

Was verstehst du unter "german shamanism"?

For the anglophonics: I want to know whether this "Shaman Hawk" really speaks german or not.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 pm 

Vielen vielen Dank fur Ihre Zeit und Ihre Gedanken. Ich habe nicht die Gelegenheit, Deutsch oft zu üben.

Entsetzlich schlecht? Wenn Sie so sagen. Ich bin amusiert, wie leicht das Thema auf diesem Forum geleitet werden kann.

Mein Studium des Deutsch Shamanism war grosstenteils Volkskunde der Natur.

The word order and grammar may be off. I'm out of practice. Thanks anyway, this has been an interesting turn in events.

When I was in Germany a few years ago, (teaching Shamanism in Bonn, Koln and Uberdusseldorf, and one Sweat Lodge) they called it "Shamanismus". I hadn't heard that before.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:06 pm 

Your behaviour here on this board you should reconsider. Thats what I was aiming at. Spiritual pride is nothing you should have anymore. Regarding this topic I still wonder what the hell your problem is anyway.

Yours,

Apu Kuntur

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:20 pm 

I am just a normal man, still struggling to come to terms with parts of me that I perceive need balancing. I am learning from everything in and around me, expecially from older brothers with more knowledge and experience. We are all on the same path, some ahead and some behind, but no one can really say where one is. I think if there is no heart there is no shumanism, whatever the pedigree. Masturbation is still a very sensible subject for some, (me first :-))
But sexuality is a real door to higher states that need deep consideration.
The few quoudoushkas and little tantra I did years ago weren't fulfilling.
I am beginning to experiment with sacred dances to increase sensuality, but I don't know much.
Any positive input is very welcome, thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:07 am 

I guess I passed Apu's German test.

Let us get on to Oak. "quoudoushkas" are a product of Harley Swift Deer, a total perv, great Shaman and sorcerer but still a perv. I know him personally. His wife is a great visionary. She and I lived in the same part of Japan for a while. To me, the whole Tantra scene just sucks.

"But sexuality is a real door to higher states that need deep consideration." Hey Oak, who told you that? Did you read it someplace? "Masturbation is still a very sensible subject for some, (me first )" Ah, now I get it, Oak. Honesty is the best policy.

..."sacred Dances to increase sensuality." Horizontal bop? - White neo-christians have some wierd ways of sayin' "get off".

"Any positive input is very welcome, thank you." I do love these disclaimers.

Hey, the best orgasm you can possibly have is the highest good. Just remember it's a sharing thing. Go for it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 am 

Quote:
beginning to experiment with sacred dances to increase sensuality...positive input is very welcome

Dear Oak

I would like to commend to you "The Dances of Universal Peace" [DUP] movement. There are groups and gatherings all over the world now. These sacred circle dances are wide-ranging in style and and come from all the world's spiritual traditions including some arguably shamanic ones - Native American, Maori, Wicca, African, Druid etc. It differs from folk circle dancing in that movement is accompanied by meditative chanting/singing of "mantric wisdom phrases" - a very holistic experience, also the purpose is primarily spiritual development and healing rather than just pleasure.

DUP is excellent for "opening the heart" and building experiences of "belonging" to something bigger than oneself - to a community or "onenes" that is both earthly and divine. This building of connenctedness is a wonderful counterbalance to the many "separating" and isolating experiences that abound in this earthly life.

DUP dances [there are now over 600 of them] can be beautifully sensual, or earthy and empowering or deeply moving and healing. Some of the dances are also VERY challenging in that they bring you into close and direct eye contact with a succession of other people - you look into someone else's soul [with a soft non-invasive gaze I hasten to add!] and they look into yours - for many people this is a huge challenge to work with, and a key part of the personal and spirituual development path that these dances inspire and cultivate.

You can read more and follow links from this page:
http://www.lovehealth.org/dances/index.htm

And some videos are gathered here:
http://www.lovehealth.org/dances/videos.htm

Blessings on Your Path!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 am 

Quote:
I then got pierced through the chest and strung up for the night as a final test

In indigenous shamanic societies only a tiny minority of individuals were actually shamans. Some tribes were very warlike and a far larger group of individuals were "warriors" - people who actually needed the expanded consciousness shamans, rather than actually WERE shamans. If you want to be a material-world warrior with crude low-tech weapons you need to cultivate INSENSITIVITY - insensitivity to your own suffering and insensitivity to the suffering of others.

I wonder if some teachers of shamanism have confused the indigenous practices for cultivating warriors with the indigenous practices for cultivating "beat-your-brains-out while feeling no pain myself" warriors?

Contrast the above "macho-mindless" approach to shamanism with the more sensitive and insightful approach described by The Institute for World Cultural Studies [www.tifwcs.com]...

"The practice of shamanism is a study in perception, psychology, ecology, and the nature of the universe itself. It is an incredibly powerful system of beliefs and techniques and can lead to shockingly rapid growth and life change. For this reason, proper guidance has always been an important part of training."

"Behind shamanism is a very important practice. This is the practice of changing ones point of view."

"One of the most important experiences the Shaman works with is allowing the point of view of the environment around them to penetrate them and replace the point of view of their own ego. It is when this happens that the Shaman experiences a profound union, communication or oneness with the environment and some or all of its inhabitants."

"This may result in some new understanding of “large stone in the river spirit”, of eagle consciousness, of the the meaning in the words of the wind, or of what the entire expanse of the universe feels like through time. Sound familiar? Yes, this experience interlocks with Eastern satori experiences and ego dissolution practices."

"This is how the Shaman learns to LISTEN. It is through focussed listening that the Shaman is imparted wisdom and much of their power to heal. The ability to listen is dependent on several factors. One of the most important is respect. As the respect the shaman shows to the universe around them grows, so to does their ability to be touched by it. This is why it is natural for a Shaman to show respect to their environment and its inhabitants. This is why shamanism holds a unique cure for our species sustainability problems. Once we begin to actually listen in this way, and are undeniably touched by what we hear, it become impossible to act with the same thoughtlessness that is destroying so much. Life becomes sacred. This is not a belief, but a reproducible experience."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:02 pm 

"The genocidal white conquerers write it as they want you to see it." a quote from my Great Uncle Sheneh-ots-noh

A few things were left out of all that and they won't be taught in an air conditioned classroom.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:35 pm 

The genocidal white conquerers write it as they want you to see it." a quote from my Great Uncle

Ancestral connections are fine things, Shaman Hawk, and your right to live, believe and practise the way you see fit, is deeply respected - so long as it does not harm others.

When your communications do harm and disrespect others, they begin to lose my respect, though hopefully you, as an incarnation of Great Spirit, will not. Inevitably, those of us on the receiving end of your disrespect will often choose to respond, and this may not always bring out the best in us.

If you wish to continue fighting a very old battle, and see an old world from the limited, angry viewpoint of a departed ancestor, rather than viewing this "here and now" 21st century world through your own eyes and those of a wider range of spiritual beings [both earthly and departed] you might find yourself living the wrong side of this ancient Samurai wisdom, which calls to you from a part of your personal cultural heritage....

"The angry man will defeat himself in battle - as he will in life!"

As I'm sure you know, Shaman Hawk, sometimes our ancestors who died distressed, or with issues unresolved, are themselves in need of healing.

This IS a "New Age", Shaman Hawk, and shamanism has survived so many "Ages" all over the world because of its power to adapt to, and speak to, the NEEDS of the culture and age in whch it is practised.

The past roots and technologies of shamanism are our heritage - the heritage of all of us, for we are all brothers and and sisters and our ancestors are our shared ancestors - their universal accessability via Journeying confirms this.

As I personally see it, our shamanic heritage is not there to limit or divide us, but for us to build upon and to add our own contributions to it - to be passed on to the next generations for them in turn to sift, select and adapt to the unique needs of the Era to come.

We are brothers, Shaman Hawk, and you have already taught me more than you could begin to know. Can we put all that is past and divisive behind us and open up to finding more common ground in the future?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 pm 

Discussion under this topic has been very entertaining to follow, leading from masturbation to genocide and all embracing theories of oneness and world peace.

I agree with Hawk, nothing real is taught in classrooms or can be found in theories. Reality is in front of person in a life, he is living - all the time. Life itself is the best teachers. What can human know?

If followed the saying, truth cannot be described by words, then all theories are not true, but false. What is the worth of those then?

All cultures have their own wisdom and way to see and explain world. But what comes if people start to mix those? I think it is easily a mess. New age and shamanism, it is often very sad compilation. Usually it is better for a human to stick into one path, and do that well. The spiritual turists, who take a litte from every path, but have no self-deciple or respect enough to do and concetrate one way into his goal just ruin traditions.

Shamanism is adapting itself into new age, but hopefully it will not be part of the *New Age*.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:21 pm 

" Shamanism is adapting itself into new age, but hopefully it will not be part of the *New Age*."

Now that's priceless! Way to go, Jusma.

"Can we put all that is past and divisive behind us and open up to finding more common ground in the future?"

Well gee, Brothermichael, I still like sarcastic humor. Know any Shaman jokes? I got one. How did the Shaman get to the other side? He tried to save that chicken. Bah dum tish!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism